Can't finish Sunrise III collection: It requires the dark path in aquatic ruins fractal — Guild Wars 2 Forums
Home Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Can't finish Sunrise III collection: It requires the dark path in aquatic ruins fractal

Pirindolo.9427Pirindolo.9427 Member ✭✭✭
edited April 6, 2020 in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Despite what devs said once, NO, the path it is not alternatig on a daily basis.

• Sunday: I tried 9 times: 9 dolphins
  • Monday: I tried 8 times: 8 dolphins

And no, the tier doesn't afect it. I tried T1 to T4, and I always get the dolphin path.

Is there a way, using abilities like "blink" or so, to get a kitten plant to use the kitten illuminator on it and so finish the kitten collection?

Comments

• Cyninja.2954Cyninja.2954 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited April 6, 2020

The available path changes daily.

It seems though this does not mean a guaranteed swap, but rather a chance for either of 50%. The chosen path will remain active for the entire day, no matter which difficulty or how many times you enter.

Suffice to say: the dark path does show up, it just might not be on a skip-day basis. Your only option is to wait for the dark path to become active.

• Inculpatus cedo.9234Inculpatus cedo.9234 Member ✭✭✭✭

Well, the patch notes state it will rotate on a daily basis, instead of being random.
    https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Game_updates/2019-08-13#Aquatic_Ruins

Doesn't sound like it's WAI.

• Pirindolo.9427Pirindolo.9427 Member ✭✭✭

@Inculpatus cedo.9234 said:
    Well, the patch notes state it will rotate on a daily basis, instead of being random.

I know that. I said that.
    But I confrmed with real data, that that's false. That's why I am asking for a workaround.

edited April 6, 2020

@Cyninja.2954 said:
    Your only option is to wait for the dark path to become active.

Well, 0/9 sunday and 0/9 monday (1 more try today) suggest that something is not working as intended.

I was more responding to Cyninja than the OP.

• Cyninja.2954Cyninja.2954 Member ✭✭✭✭

@Pirindolo.9427 said:

Your only option is to wait for the dark path to become active.

Well, 0/9 sunday and 0/9 monday (1 more try today) suggest that something is not working as intended.

2 days is hardly a metric and again, the path dictated daily will remain the same, no matter how often you enter.

FYI, the dark path does come up. How do I know? I run fractals almost daily and have seen it come up since the change.

@DanAlcedo.3281 said:
    Maybe its a weekly rotation.

Monday: Dolphin
    Tuesday: Dark
    Wednesday: Dolphin
    Thursday: Dark
    Friday:Dolphin
    Saturday:Dark
    Sunday:Dolphin

That would explain that both Monday and Sunday are Dolphin

Yeah, I also considered that, although any other rotations in game are different. Will do 9 more runs tomorrow :(

• DanAlcedo.3281DanAlcedo.3281 Member ✭✭✭✭

@Pirindolo.9427 said:

@DanAlcedo.3281 said:

Yeah, I also considered that, although any other rotations in game are different. Will do 9 more runs tomorrow :(

Good luck 🙂

• mtpelion.4562mtpelion.4562 Member ✭✭✭

Did you do your Sunday and Monday runs at the same time of day? ArenaNet changes their "day" at a different time from 23/24 time zones.

• Jayden Reese.9542Jayden Reese.9542 Member ✭✭✭✭

It changes as we get both doing dailys. It doesn't reset at the daily reset time. dark seems to be lvl 26 as I've never got it at lvl 7 fractal but idk.

Too many Karen's. Too much inconsistent moderation. Delete my forum account like I asked. TY

• Khisanth.2948Khisanth.2948 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited April 6, 2020

The problem is that the patch didn't mention when the switch over happens. Usually that means at reset unfortunately that is not the case.

When I was doing the collection it went something like this ...

Before reset but pretty close to reset - dolphin
    after reset - dophin
    several hours later about maybe 1 hour before reset - dark path???

Edit: Probably changes at midnight Pacific time which is when a bunch of other stuff changes as well

• @DanAlcedo.3281 said:

This is not true. it is tuesday today and the path is dolphin

• DanAlcedo.3281DanAlcedo.3281 Member ✭✭✭✭

@Bogdanski.4697 said:

@DanAlcedo.3281 said:

This is not true. it is tuesday today and the path is dolphin

Good to know

• Astralporing.1957Astralporing.1957 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited June 23, 2020

From what i remember, it does not alternate dark/dolphin/dark/dolphin (and so on), but rather every day the daily choice gets picked by random. So, the same path can show up for a few days in a row, but eventually the other one will appear.

By the way, at some point it was possible to, before triggering the boss fight, just go back from the boss chamber to either one of the paths, and thus get the bioluminescence that way even if the wrong path was active. I'm not sure if it's possible still, though, as i haven't checked it in a very long while.

The whole point of a social game is to play with the people you want to play with, not be forced to play with the people you don't.

• Friday.7864Friday.7864 Member ✭✭✭

This happens a lot in GW2.
    You think something would be random but it's really not. Their algorithms are beyond broken in more than one place

• Hyrai.8720Hyrai.8720 Member ✭✭✭
    edited June 23, 2020

@Pirindolo.9427 said:
    Solved. TY for the answers. It turns out that the daily change happens not when the real day changes.
    At 18:30 (my local time), which is 30 minutes after the gemstore update time, the dark path was active, while in the morning the dolphin path was active.

daily server reset is at 0am UTC (so indeed when the "real day" changes for anyone in the Universal Time Coordination), which is 2am for me (UTC+2) - i dont know what timezone youre in though.
    thats also the timer for the fractal daily rotation - i doubt the timer for aquatic ruins path is different from that.

@Hyrai.8720 said:

@Pirindolo.9427 said:
    Solved. TY for the answers. It turns out that the daily change happens not when the real day changes.
    At 18:30 (my local time), which is 30 minutes after the gemstore update time, the dark path was active, while in the morning the dolphin path was active.

daily server reset is at 0am UTC (so indeed when the "real day" changes for anyone in the Universal Time Coordination), which is 2am for me (UTC+2) - i dont know what timezone youre in though.
    thats also the timer for the fractal daily rotation - i doubt the timer for aquatic ruins path is different from that.

That would be true if the game actually stuck to a single reset timer but unfortunately there are a bunch of other reset times.

PSNA even has two. One for when the inventory changes and one for when the locations change. https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Pact_Supply_Network_Agent#Locations

• Hyrai.8720Hyrai.8720 Member ✭✭✭

there are a bunch of other timers, but none of them matter in this case. we're talking about fractals here, not PSNA

edited June 24, 2020

It matters because it shows the devs are inconsistent with what they use.

More important than that ...

6/24/2020 UTC
    00:40 UTC dark path
    16:17 UTC dolphin path

Same day, two paths without a server reset in between.

• Trise.2865Trise.2865 Member ✭✭✭✭

Hi. Time zones exist, and game time is based on Seattle time (PST). Has always been; will always be.
    You may need to adjust your schedules accordingly. Enjoy and good luck.

If we want ANet to step up their game, then we must step up ours.

• I didn’t even realize there were different paths. I did the dolphin one only many times previously in tiers 1-2. I took a break from fractals for awhile, came back and got to T4, and then I started playing aquatic and got the dark path every time. Thought it was just a T4 thing because it’s hard as hell if you don’t do it right. Didn’t realize it was random or set days.

@Trise.2865 said:
    Hi. Time zones exist, and game time is based on Seattle time (PST). Has always been; will always be.

Not really true. If the game was based only on Pacific Time, Dailies would change at midnight Pacific Time, instead of UTC. And, resets would be affected by Daylight Saving Time.

• Dragon Priestess.9760Dragon Priestess.9760 Member ✭✭✭
    edited June 29, 2020

It's funny because I'm trying to get dolphin but I always end up on darkness. We should switch.

Resident Weeb and Woman of Culture

• ArchonWing.9480ArchonWing.9480 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited June 30, 2020

Wow, that's terrible design.

But that's ok. You couldn't pay me 400g to do aquatic anymore. I'd just buy the precursor lol.

• Blude.6812Blude.6812 Member ✭✭✭✭

@Trise.2865 said:

Not really true. If the game was based only on Pacific Time, Dailies would change at midnight Pacific Time, instead of UTC. And, resets would be affected by Daylight Saving Time.

Funny, my reset time is 8:00 PM right now and in the fall its' 7:00 (EST).

Then, I would suspect you enjoy Eastern Time EDT.

• Pifil.5193Pifil.5193 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited July 3, 2020

@Blude.6812 said:

@Trise.2865 said:

Funny, my reset time is 8:00 PM right now and in the fall its' 7:00 (EST).

Yep, if the reset time was affected by daylight savings time then reset time would occur at the same time all year round.

My reset is 12 midnight during the winter and 1am during what passes for summer here.

Your clock is affected by Daylight Saving Time, not reset. It's always 00:00 UTC.
    If the game was based on Pacific Time, reset would change from -7 UTC to -8 UTC and vice versa twice a year.

It doesn't matter, as the game is not based on Pacific Time as someone suggested.

• Blude.6812Blude.6812 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited July 3, 2020

Your clock is affected by Daylight Saving Time, not reset. It's always 00:00 UTC.
    If the game was based on Pacific Time, reset would change from -7 UTC to -8 UTC and vice versa twice a year.

It doesn't matter, as the game is not based on Pacific Time as someone suggested.

Oh well I play the game according to the clock that I live by and I know when resets occur using my time after all these years.