Mesmer PvP build idea for someone who never played mesmer before

swagolas.9732

Actually my mains are Engi/Necro, but in GW1 I played mesmer mostly so I think about try this out.

Any build suggestion for hybrid condi/power remix with sustain and healing ? (Always playing non-meta builds what I make for myself, but I don't really know the spec)

Watched Chaos, Domination and I dont know the 3rd yet...can only play Crono max, I dont have the last exp

Thx for the ideas, also watching some random pvp clips

@"swagolas.9732" said:Actually my mains are Engi/Necro, but in GW1 I played mesmer mostly so I think about try this out.

Any build suggestion for hybrid condi/power remix with sustain and healing ? (Always playing non-meta builds what I make for myself, but I don't really know the spec)

Watched Chaos, Domination and I dont know the 3rd yet...can only play Crono max, I dont have the last exp

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?PiABwqd/lRwkYKsLmJOuWvvPA-z5YfIRKEyUF0rEwxDAtry this.1 Mirage tree, IH can be changed for EM if enemy has condi you need to remove, burn guards for example.2 Mirage first trait Self deception, Renewing oasis and Riddle of sands both feel close to each other in power, Self deception is propably the strongest if you take IH but its super hard to use, and you might find yourself taken out of focus when you try to take the most value out of it, it will take a long time to get used to this trait, so I wouldnt reccomend for someone new.3 Illusionary ambush is flexible slot, portal works ( propably not for soloq/new player ) you can take AT ( kinda unreliable, I dont like it. quickness is useless expecially after the CD nerfs, you just end up having to AA with axe more ), Feedback is OK but its really all or nothing, null field is ok. daze mantra is OK ( propably not for someone new )you can switch cleasing sigils with doom, depending on enemy team.you can switch sage amulet for grieving ( glass cannon version, propably really bad ) or carrion -> propably best amulet if you use it as roamer, gives most dmg while keeping you hard to burst. and since its roaming spec for the most part you will OOC reset HP.Ill edit some in if I remember more.

@Leonidrex.5649 said:

@"swagolas.9732" said:Actually my mains are Engi/Necro, but in GW1 I played mesmer mostly so I think about try this out.

try this.1 Mirage tree, IH can be changed for EM if enemy has condi you need to remove, burn guards for example.2 Mirage first trait Self deception, Renewing oasis and Riddle of sands both feel close to each other in power, Self deception is propably the strongest if you take IH but its super hard to use, and you might find yourself taken out of focus when you try to take the most value out of it, it will take a long time to get used to this trait, so I wouldnt reccomend for someone new.3 Illusionary ambush is flexible slot, portal works ( propably not for soloq/new player ) you can take AT ( kinda unreliable, I dont like it. quickness is useless expecially after the CD nerfs, you just end up having to AA with axe more ), Feedback is OK but its really all or nothing, null field is ok. daze mantra is OK ( propably not for someone new )you can switch cleasing sigils with doom, depending on enemy team.you can switch sage amulet for grieving ( glass cannon version, propably really bad ) or carrion -> propably best amulet if you use it as roamer, gives most dmg while keeping you hard to burst. and since its roaming spec for the most part you will OOC reset HP.Ill edit some in if I remember more.

Lies, a good mesmer build for new Mesmers is a dead Mesmer.

@ArlAlt.1630 said:

try this.1 Mirage tree, IH can be changed for EM if enemy has condi you need to remove, burn guards for example.2 Mirage first trait Self deception, Renewing oasis and Riddle of sands both feel close to each other in power, Self deception is propably the strongest if you take IH but its super hard to use, and you might find yourself taken out of focus when you try to take the most value out of it, it will take a long time to get used to this trait, so I wouldnt reccomend for someone new.3 Illusionary ambush is flexible slot, portal works ( propably not for soloq/new player ) you can take AT ( kinda unreliable, I dont like it. quickness is useless expecially after the CD nerfs, you just end up having to AA with axe more ), Feedback is OK but its really all or nothing, null field is ok. daze mantra is OK ( propably not for someone new )you can switch cleasing sigils with doom, depending on enemy team.you can switch sage amulet for grieving ( glass cannon version, propably really bad ) or carrion -> propably best amulet if you use it as roamer, gives most dmg while keeping you hard to burst. and since its roaming spec for the most part you will OOC reset HP.Ill edit some in if I remember more.

Lies, a good mesmer build for new Mesmers is a dead Mesmer.

I gave him the best we have, hes gonna play couple of games and go back to other classes :D

@Tayga.3192 said:

@"Leonidrex.5649" said:I gave him the best we have, hes gonna play couple of games and go back to other classes :D

btw he can't play mirage, he doesn't have PoF

he didnt mention it, he only said he can "play crono max becouse no exp?"I assumed he didnt know he can play mirage even without unlocked points for it or smh shrug.

@"Leonidrex.5649" said:he didnt mention it, he only said he can "play crono max becouse no exp?"I assumed he didnt know he can play mirage even without unlocked points for it or smh shrug.

I think "exp" is "expansion" not "experience" since he mentioned "last exp".

@Tayga.3192 said:

@"Leonidrex.5649" said:he didnt mention it, he only said he can "play crono max becouse no exp?"I assumed he didnt know he can play mirage even without unlocked points for it or smh shrug.

I think "exp" is "expansion" not "experience" since he mentioned "last exp".

true, should have paid more attention.then he is shit out of luck, best he can do is trolly core bunker or full glass cannon meme mantra power core.

• 2 weeks later...

Mesmer is my main, but as weird as it sounds I can't propose any good build for you in the current meta. Sadly the only way to play mesmer in pvp now is: NOT PLAYING IT AT ALL. There is no build that is somewhat competitive now. So just listen to my advice: make yourself a favor and play something else and have fun, you don't have to join the frustration that all mesmer players have now :cold_sweat:

@Junkpile.7439 said:I don't really see why old one hit build wouldn't work. You just run around, stealth and one hit low hp enemies. Just need communication and brains to read map.

lack of mobilitylack of survivaland most people play bunker shit that doesnt even get bursted down from half HP.you try to burst necro with 20% HP and he so happens to run the passive and gets 35k HP shield.you try to burst 50% hp holo but his 50% hp is 9k + 3k barrier autoproc + demolisher amulet + prot and he takes 7k dmg, survives, heals to full and you have to walk away in shame becouse his auto chunk you for 20% hp.