Comment On A Change (Failed To Think About A Creative Suitable Title).

Vewkit.4986

Hello everyone,I am a casual GW2 player. I don't tend to participate in any of the competitive or 'Hardcore' content. I am just enjoying to wonder the world, making friends, and fighting the usual bad guy here and there. I play only one character as I got really emotionally attached to it (it happens to me very often in mmos). I am not one who tends to be an active person in a game discussion, but recent events made me feel a hard urge to post here. Perhaps deep inside I hope it will make a difference.So I logged in for the first time after a long break (about 5 months). I was so excited to see that there are new story chapters, so I immediately jumped in. It was on the first fight with a monster I felt there is something wrong. My ranger just didn't feel right. I noticed that I cant switch my pets during combat as I used to. At first I thought it was a bug, a problem I could fix by restarting the game. So that's what I did, and it didn't work. After asking people I got an answer that sounds like "because you are a soulbeast" or something like that. I thought their answer was ridiculous, why in heavens should it be the explanation? But after a search on the internet I found they were right. I was surprised to find this:"Soulbeasts, long standing without a tradeoff, are now receiving theirs - they lose combat access to a second pet …"It might seem small on the paper, but it definitely doesn't feel like a small change. Especially if you play only ranger like me. And so I thought, Why would they implement such a change?The official post says "balance", but there are many ways to balance a profession. Why do we need to change a chore mechanic to do so? After all, we can just change some numbers to make it stronger or weaker. Why do we have to make it less enjoyable?...In the same post, I noticed someone mentioning that this change will make the core ranger more appealing, and this makes sense. Rangers were switching to soulbeasts because it gave them additional tools without taking the current ones. It increased the combat complexity and player freedom. Overall, the soulbeast spec made the profession more enjoyable. Is it really a problem?Seeing this post made me very angry. The team just pointed at something that I liked about the game and took it away. I feel betrayed as a player. But the thing bothering me the most is the step they took to the path of "enjoyable is bad".