Question regarding which class to choose for 6th slot. Engi guardian revenant or warr need info.

Axl.8924

So i got a new character slot so i got a choice between engineer revenant guardian and warrior.

Whats warr like pre pof for pve and SPVP/WVW? I heard it's easyWhat is the engineer class like pre-POF for pve and SPVP/WVW? looking for casual fun to mess around with.What is revenant like pre pof for pve and SPVP/WVW? what can you tell me about it?What is guardian like pre pof in builds for SPVP/WVW and pve like?

I will leave this here: So far the classes i most look forward to so far are engineer and revenant.

I'm not really proficient with warr, engi and revenant so I'll say guardian.That said, warrior in PvE is a safe bet it almoast always have been a strong choice for this gamemode. In sPvP/WvW it's often a bit harder to perform well with it.Engi wasn't a popular choice in PvE pre HoT and scrapper didn't really change this point. In PvP/WvW I'm not sure I'd recommend it (not that it's weak, it need the player to have a good grasp on it to really shine).Revenant is a lot like engi neither good nor bad in PvE and need a good grasp on it before shining in sPvP/WvW.

Guardian on another hand have been the flavor of the month for quite some time and, while it wasn't always outstanding before that, it has never been a bad choice for any game mode. Out of the 4 from my point of view it's the safest pick for your character slot.

Now, truthfully, the best choice can only be your choice.

@Axl.8924 said:Whats warr like pre pof for pve and SPVP/WVW? I heard it's easyCan play Berserker BS for PvE, and I think Berserker is still viable in WvW/sPvP, though I'm of the opinion that Spellbreaker is more popular

@Axl.8924 said:What is the engineer class like pre-POF for pve and SPVP/WVW? looking for casual fun to mess around with.Medi-Scrapper is great for WvW, otherwise Engineer without Holosmith is subpar for all content.

@Axl.8924 said:What is revenant like pre pof for pve and SPVP/WVW? what can you tell me about it?Condition Herald is a 'thing' in WvW/PvP, otherwise subpar for all content without Renegade

@Axl.8924 said:What is guardian like pre pof in builds for SPVP/WVW and pve like?Power DH is meta for all PvE, Core/DH is decent for WvW/PvP, Burn DH for WvW is really good in some circumstances and is likely to get nerfed.

@Axl.8924 said:I will leave this here: So far the classes i most look forward to so far are engineer and revenant.

Mainly for PvE, in which I mean Raids, Strike Missions and Fractals, both Engineer and Revenant need PoF elites to be competitive. If those two profession are the most exciting for you, I'd suggest you spring for a copy of Path of Fire. If PvP/WvW is more your thing, you can do without PoF, but then in WvW you are also without a Warclaw....so still, better to just get PoF.