Warrior PVE Solo Build

Rohkta.6057

Dear fellow Warriors,

This last weeks I returned to GW2 to start playing again. I started a warrior (the last missing class) and have reached level 80 by today.

I still have some gold to spare and i am currently searching for a PVE Solo Build. I would like to play with Axe/Axe / GS. I am aware that websites such as metabattle offer builds. But I can’t find a build that suits my needs..

Do you guys have any builds or tips that i can work towards to?

My preferences:

• For solo content
  • PVE gameplay
  • Great damage
  • Decent survivorbility
  • I would like to play with Axe/Axe and GS.

Thanks in advance!

*sorry for my bad English.Kind regards,Nino

@Lan Deathrider.5910 said:

@Smoosh.2718 said:I have to say, hammer for PVE has got so much better since the 25% damage buff it got to skill 2. (do note you must take the hammer trait to make it worth using) I've had this skill hit from 15k-36k

36k huh? Full raid buffs/debuffs? Generally curious there.

That was in openworld against some scrub lord chak mob lol

@Smoosh.2718 said:

@Smoosh.2718 said:I have to say, hammer for PVE has got so much better since the 25% damage buff it got to skill 2. (do note you must take the hammer trait to make it worth using) I've had this skill hit from 15k-36k

36k huh? Full raid buffs/debuffs? Generally curious there.

That was in openworld against some scrub lord chak mob lol

You know what, I'm going to go hit a raid golem later and see what numbers I get.

• 3 weeks later...

@Geoff Fey.1035 said:

@Lan Deathrider.5910 said:You know what, I'm going to go hit a raid golem later and see what numbers I get.

Because this was never updated I have to assume the Golem hit back

nah, just never got around to it lol

Although I can believe it since I'm hitting tower champions in WvW for 18k while in sentinel armor zerker trinkets.

I play a solo Berserker Dual Axe/GS build often and I am very happy with it. There are better builds out there for PvE currently but for me this one is fun and delivers tons of damage. http://gw2skills.net/editor/?PKxAEdflNwuYNMKWJOyW/tOA-zxYYhwEBZsjaUeZEYKURFYyA-e

Berserker armor with Super Rune of the Eagle (there are better choices, this one is cheap and offers great stats)Assassin Amulet, jewels and back, Soldier Rings for extra durabilitySup Sigil of Strength and Force on both weapon sets (cheaper alt to Force is Sup Sigil of Bloodlust. If you get used to the build and don't die much, it's a great way to add a solid damage boost and get yourself hitting 25-30k with Arc Divider on a consistent basis.)

The skills and traits you can see in the link above.

For Great Justice > Signet of Fury > Rush to enter battle and activate Berserk right away, while having Fury on you.Immediately hit Arc Divider > Weapon Swap > Whirling Axe.Hit Sundering Leap to extend Berserk, then Cyclone Axe, switch back to GS and hit Arc Divider again. During this you should have a minimum of 15-20 Might stacks, longer fights (more than 15 seconds) you'll be able to upkeep 20+ for the duration of the fight.

Keep up "For Great Justice", and use Signet of Rage to upkeep Fury for longer fights.

This build is designed for Burst/crit damage using Fury. Healing skills can vary by area, but for POF and HOT areas I have found Defiant Stance to work great.

Vengeful Return for PVE is solid but can be subbed for Warrior's Sprint if you feel that suits you better. Dead or Alive trait comes in handy in sustained Boss fights.

Keep a Rifle with Berserker stats for harder Bosses and swap it for Axes. Use GS for bursts and quick damage, then Rush or Whirlwind away and switch to Rifle to upkeep adrenaline and kite.

Whirlwind and Rush are great for mobility and evading damage. Not much in terms of stun breaks, condition removals or immobilization removal but I haven't found it to be much of an issue. If certain areas give you trouble, put in "Shake It Off" for Sundering Leap.

Might Makes Right can be subbed for Berserker's Power if you feel like you need more healing and endurance. Despite being nerfed, at the rate that this build can apply Might you can receive an extra 1K healing every few seconds from it.

Lastly, do some research of food items and boosters that can benefit your style of play.

Good luck! Feel free to reach out if you want some tips.

• 1 month later...

I'm looking for a Warrior Solo PVE Build with Survailability, with Axe/Axe.Usually at my build i use Marauder stats with Runes of Vampirism which gives you great survailability and they are easy to play.I cant find such thing anywhere. To be clear i care about survailability NOT damage.Someone can help?

• 1 month later...

@"Pagio.3029" said:I'm looking for a Warrior Solo PVE Build with Survailability, with Axe/Axe.Usually at my build i use Marauder stats with Runes of Vampirism which gives you great survailability and they are easy to play.I cant find such thing anywhere. To be clear i care about survailability NOT damage.Someone can help?

i use Lord Hizen's spellbreaker build wich was made to be able to solo events and even some champions like the avatar of Balthazar, the build still works and it had massive sustain trough 3.5k armor, might makes right/healing signet/rousing resilence, full counter. and still do pretty decent damage http://gw2skills.net/editor/?PKwAEdflZwOYYMLWJOWP7vcA-z1gYhgA3RNYCX0JInyIzUIiKwtDQookzyoiWA-w

I'm fairly new to the game. Only started a few months ago. I started my Warrior with Axe/Axe because wielding two axes sounds kinda cool. At some point, I stumbled on a build that I've been playing ever since. It's based around toughness and might. Quite durable and damage is satisfying. I experimented with some other builds recently but I haven't found anything I prefer yet.

I got it from this video:

• 3 months later...

@"Holy Vengeful.3615" said:I play a solo Berserker Dual Axe/GS build often and I am very happy with it. There are better builds out there for PvE currently but for me this one is fun and delivers tons of damage. http://gw2skills.net/editor/?PKxAEdflNwuYNMKWJOyW/tOA-zxYYhwEBZsjaUeZEYKURFYyA-e. . .Lastly, do some research of food items and boosters that can benefit your style of play.Good luck! Feel free to reach out if you want some tips.

Greetings and salutations, @"Holy Vengeful.3615"! B) I hope life finds you well To the matter at hand! But I thought before I gave you the "quick and easy" version of my reply to your build guide post up topside, I first would include one of those amazingly useful spoiler-text-section-folding-thingies (for reasons of brevity, I adopted the current practice of hereafter referring to the term by its canonical acronym, STSFT), and write a bit of text to put in it, because I thought it might look funny if it was empty.

Despite considerable training and experience in the field, life threw me a curveball. Even throwing my greatest efforts into the task, I was unable to figure out how to add a spoiler box! I knew I could just pretend it was one by using ASCII art, but it just wasn't the same. I resolved to try and make a real one, no matter what, and it was that attitude that allowed me to prevail. It wasn't easy, of course. But after a bout with chronic diarrhea*, a quick jog around the block to clear my head, a cup of hot cocoa, and finally considerable searching, both deep within myself and on the support forums on the Ikea Website, I ended up discovering something that would change my life forever.

It was a handy little toolbar button on top of this edit box, with a paragraph symbol on it. This little button is what finally gave me the idea. You see, when I clicked on it, it said "Spoiler" at the bottom. So, after clicking the word, it actually created a REAL spoiler box! (To my chagrin, after all that effort, it was SO easy!) As to the content of the spoiler, you'll have to read it to see.

There are a total of three (3) possibilities as to why, exactly, I chose to do so. See if you can guess which one is the real reason. But be careful! These have all been thoroughly researched by a panel of seven (7) duly appointed, wizened old Justices of the Peace, each selected by another panel of two Greater Saddle-back Clownfishes. You'll have three (3) chances to answer correctly. Godspeed:

1. We all know what it's like to be dropped on your head as a toddler. It's one of those things we all go through growing up, like puberty or going on Easter egg hunts. But when I was a young'un, momma says she accidentally did it one too many times, so the wirin' in mah head don't work too good. 'Sides, sometimes I'd even bang m'head on a doorknob or wall or something whenever she was rull busy and had ta carry me by a leg instead of by the top of my head like usual.
  2. I'm in a particularly giddy, mirthful holiday mood this evening, and have a lot of time on my hands.
  3. I already finished my dinner and it's not bedtime yet, see? Also, I finally got my reply back from Santa! I sent it early so he'd be sure to get it on time. He said he'd bring me a new, authentic, USSR-made, Cold-War-era rocket propelled grenade launcher with two live grenades for Christmas, since I successfully survived the final decade of the Cold War, but due to a clerical error, didn't receive my complimentary RPG. So I was excited and felt like doing something random.

OK, here's the TL;DR version of my "thank you" reply post. I hope you like it:

! clears throat and begins dictating in a clear, crisp RP accent!! Dear Sir/Dame Vengeful,!

! Thanks SO much for the awesome guide and build advice. I stumbled and fumbled my way through 80 levels of Warrior GW/Axes, but after reading and learning your build and following your advice, I can DANCE like Michael Jackson lol! I still need my tap shoes (weapons/gear) of course, but I am having so much more fun. Anyway, your post was really easy to understand and follow, and left me with the somewhat rare yet euphoric and joyous feeling after reading a build guide of actually not having any questions I could think of. For this, you have my everlasting gratitude my enduring allegiance and fealty. May you be very successful in all your Vengeful and non-Vengeful enterprises.!! Kindest regards, -T.!And here's what I really wanted to say in my post—and I assure you would have, were I only a normal human being. ;):

THANK YOU. YOU ROCK.OK. I'm sorry about the retarded long-ass reply post. I hope I didn't offend anyone or anything lol. Of course, if anyone's offended that easily, they probably don't use the Internet very often hehe! xP But seriously, I just wanted to say thanks. And happy holidays to everyone, wherever you are, whatever you believe, whether your white, black, brown, pink or polka-dotted or who you voted for! I wish everyone a happy Winter (or Summer if you're south of the equator)!

Besides, I was honest throughout, except for the list of reasonsYour guide is perfect, dude. And you do rock. B)

@Esegneriante.6915 said:I also need help with warrior for pve. I have put a lot of time in my mesmer so my warrior is stuck without elite specs, so what build should I use, for soloing story, at Living world season 3 atm.? Also, is there a viable shield build, since I have managed to acquire Horologicus, so I would like to use it :) ?

Axe/Shield + GS.

Str: bot/mid/midDisc: mid/bot/top or botTactics: top/mid/mid or botorswap Tactics for Defense: top/mid/mid

@Esegneriante.6915 said:Thanks a lot, and the runes?

Well the stat choice and rune/sigil choices depend on where you think you are deficient.

If you can survive with full Berserker's then roll that if not then Marauders. If that does not work for you then go Knights stats or a mixture of Knights and Marauders.

For runes:BrawlersStrengthPackDolyakReaperSpellbreakerThiefEagle

Are all solid choices depending on what you need stat/survivability wise.

Well, I went with what I got and those are scholar, and it is working so far, also spent some accumulated karma on Armageddon armor, with Melandru runes. So, I'm using those until they become inefficient. Then, I will take one of your suggestions, should have a good idea what would suit me the best by then. Thanks, your advice made my playing a lot easier, since I was used to stand far far away and deal dmg with my mesmer (GS).

@Esegneriante.6915 said:Well, I went with what I got and those are scholar, and it is working so far, also spent some accumulated karma on Armageddon armor, with Melandru runes. So, I'm using those until they become inefficient. Then, I will take one of your suggestions, should have a good idea what would suit me the best by then. Thanks, your advice made my playing a lot easier, since I was used to stand far far away and deal dmg with my mesmer (GS).

Glad to be of help. Feel free to DM me if you have more questions.

Here is what i run for open world. Might share is awesome in open world and helps everyone and npcs as well. It creates a rising tide that is hard to beat.

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?PKABcel7lJwSYXMMWJOWT9LPA-zRRYWBLG9sTpORQgKgKkAtMEUzA-e

Rune of Pack and also Elite Signet helps with swiftness uptime, which also improved you 7% damage bonus from having swiftness uptime in Discipline. Rune of Stength is my second choice since the crit is lower, but it does have the 5% dmg modifier, which is a plus. Mace and shield are for break bars.