exec scythe

felincyriac.5981

Was just returning to the game for some pvp action, heard there was a big balance patch. Looked at the damage of exec scythe and well I had a good laugh, but I was wondering should the health threshold damage increase be changed? Since it's non-existent atm, IDk some other type of utility, thoughts?

@felincyriac.5981 said:Was just returning to the game for some pvp action, heard there was a big balance patch. Looked at the damage of exec scythe and well I had a good laugh, but I was wondering should the health threshold damage increase be changed? Since it's non-existent atm, IDk some other type of utility, thoughts?

As far as I know, they are going to rebalance these skills in future patches. They just nerfed every CC spell to the ground to have an even base.

The gradual coefficient was kept like that because they wanted to keep the fonctionnality in PvE. Not that it's wrong to affirm that they said that they will rebalance the skill in a future patch but... When it will happen and in what shape is a big mystery.

PvP and WvW balance patches are only number tweaks.

Mechanical changes have to pass a PvE check first and are only implemented in patches that address the whole game and not just the competitive modes.

Executioner Scythe is not even the funniest. Take a look at Head But

• This skill removes all stability and deals 50% increased damage if stability was removed. (0.01 multiplier)

or Holographic Shockwave

• This attack always deals a critical hit. (0.01 multiplier)

Both effects are completely useless at such a low multiplier.

@KrHome.1920 said:Executioner Scythe is not even the funniest. Take a look at Head But

It was still a very powerful attack when health < 25%, comparable to skills like Eviscerate.Now, when you look at it, it feels stupid:Damage at 50% or Above: 3 (0.01)Damage Below 50%: 4 (0.015)Damage Below 25%: 5 (0.02)

I'm okay if the damage is gone, but then, it should be AOE 5 targets.

Personally, I'd like to see either:1) Decent damage returned to below 25% hp foes2) Leave it dealing no damage but increase its CD to whatever would be balanced and have it instafinish (Execute!) downs.

Admittedly the instastomp would be very strong and is probably a pipe dream, any other kind of reward for landing it on low hp foes would be nice, though. It does not feel very rewarding in its current state.

@Infusion.7149 said:I believe cmc said that skills with a slow activation and huge animation may be reevaluated. Executioner's scythe and Prime Light Beam (elite) are top candidates.

Prime Light Beam still has burning though , whereas Executioner's Scythe only has chill.

You know, some players on the receiving end think that chill is OP, perhaps even more OP than burn. Honnestly, just have it finishing down when used would be fine. It would give players the choice to either use it as a crow control skill during the fight or keep it to have a way to quickly end a downed player.

@Fenrir Bartea.5917 said:Personally, I'd like to see either:1) Decent damage returned to below 25% hp foes2) Leave it dealing no damage but increase its CD to whatever would be balanced and have it instafinish (Execute!) downs.

Admittedly the instastomp would be very strong and is probably a pipe dream, any other kind of reward for landing it on low hp foes would be nice, though. It does not feel very rewarding in its current state.It is heavily rewarding. The buffed stun duration is extremely strong and a gamechanger in many fights and the chill field has always been great as an area denial.

@Infusion.7149 said:I believe cmc said that skills with a slow activation and huge animation may be reevaluated. Executioner's scythe and Prime Light Beam (elite) are top candidates.

Prime Light Beam still has burning though , whereas Executioner's Scythe only has chill.Holosmith is strong when played well (just the skillfloor has been increased compared to its broken state 2 years ago) and does not need any buffs currently.

Prime Light Beam still has burning though , whereas Executioner's Scythe only has chill.

Big Ol' Bomb hopefully is also considered to get buffed. It takes 3 seconds before this skill does anything for crying out loud, probably the highest telegraphed skill in the game. It should hit hard.

Yep Big Ol Bomb was also mentioned. What I stated in my post was not my opinion, merely what was discussed.

11:07but some of the bigger skills probably11:09might be executioner scythe pickle bomb (sic)11:12probably makes sense police to do a11:14little bit of damage we're not for no11:16one but got 2.0 maybe like 0.75 1.011:20range alternatively they could just not11:24CC anymore and this is kind of like a11:25case-by-case thing

@Dadnir.5038 said:

You know, some players on the receiving end think that chill is OP, perhaps even more OP than burn. Honnestly, just have it finishing down when used would be fine. It would give players the choice to either use it as a crow control skill during the fight or keep it to have a way to quickly end a downed player.

I like this idea. However you would need to bugfix the skill first, sometimes it hits random targets and not your chosen target even though both are in range. .

I'm in favor of the instant finish on downed players, I like that one.

As is I think it's okay. I dislike that it does pretty much no damage but it's not the only skill like that so, I can live with it. The stun duration is pretty brutal so it can be quite the powerful effect if used right. Just a few days ago I caught some poor soul with "Chilled to the Bone!" then Executioner's Scythe right afterwards, must have been the longest stun of their life, lol.

They certainly need to do something to be honest its rather disappointing that because of how much damage reaper lost in its shroud kit core power shroud generally can in most situations out per form it against other players.

The idea that it could finish downed targets would be niceBut because of how much damage reaper is missing ontop of the fact that it has to be in melee range i would rather just see the damage returned.

I would almost rather they just remove the cc from it completely and make it a faster big dps kill move instead of keeping cc attached to it all.

Side note though.If anet does not plan to nerf res power and support healing now that the damage has been nerfed they need to consider adding or making a lot more skills that instantly kill downed players.Its really hard to cleave or stomp a player before a support can just press F and get them up now even with the poison condition applied to reduce the healing.I said along time ago that a lot more elite skills could be changed so that they finish downed players cleaving has become less of an option now because it takes such a long time and stomping is often not fast enough.Head butt (on impact)Chill to the bone (on impact (icey grave!)Firey GS (when it lands)Supply Crate (when it lands)Prime Light Beam (on impact)just to name a few off the top of my head that would make sense fishing downed players

@ZDragon.3046 said:They certainly need to do something to be honest its rather disappointing that because of how much damage reaper lost in its shroud kit core power shroud generally can in most situations out per form it against other players.

The idea that it could finish downed targets would be niceBut because of how much damage reaper is missing ontop of the fact that it has to be in melee range i would rather just see the damage returned.

I would almost rather they just remove the cc from it completely and make it a faster big dps kill move instead of keeping cc attached to it all.

Side note though.If anet does not plan to nerf res power and support healing now that the damage has been nerfed they need to consider adding or making a lot more skills that instantly kill downed players.Its really hard to cleave or stomp a player before a support can just press F and get them up now even with the poison condition applied to reduce the healing.I said along time ago that a lot more elite skills could be changed so that they finish downed players cleaving has become less of an option now because it takes such a long time and stomping is often not fast enough.Head butt (on impact)Chill to the bone (on impact (icey grave!)Firey GS (when it lands)Supply Crate (when it lands)Prime Light Beam (on impact)just to name a few off the top of my head that would make sense fishing downed players

Or just remove down state from competitive play. That works too. That or reduce the amount rezzing heals for in competitive play.

@Lan Deathrider.5910 said:

@ZDragon.3046 said:They certainly need to do something to be honest its rather disappointing that because of how much damage reaper lost in its shroud kit core power shroud generally can in most situations out per form it against other players.

Side note though.
If anet does not plan to nerf res power and support healing now that the damage has been nerfed they need to consider adding or making a lot more skills that instantly kill downed players.Its really hard to cleave or stomp a player before a support can just press F and get them up now even with the poison condition applied to reduce the healing.I said along time ago that a lot more elite skills could be changed so that they finish downed players cleaving has become less of an option now because it takes such a long time and stomping is often not fast enough.Head butt (on impact)Chill to the bone (on impact (icey grave!)Firey GS (when it lands)Supply Crate (when it lands)Prime Light Beam (on impact)just to name a few off the top of my head that would make sense fishing downed players

Or just remove down state from competitive play. That works too. That or reduce the amount rezzing heals for in competitive play.

This makes a lot of traits and utilities useless and i feel would require more work to make it done properly down state needs to exists but there can be more restrictive limits on revival power.As it stands right now people with no healing power or support trait investment can pretty much out heal cleave damage all it takes is one or two people pressing f on a body regardless of their build to save another player faster than you can cleave or stomp them.

lowering base number on pressing f on someone to be honest is all they need to do. Rezing some one should not be easy unless you invested heavy stats and traits in doing such. Or add quicker ways to insta finish people which would would be fun too.

@ZDragon.3046 said:

Side note though.
If anet does not plan to nerf res power and support healing now that the damage has been nerfed they need to consider adding or making a lot more skills that instantly kill downed players.Its really hard to cleave or stomp a player before a support can just press F and get them up now even with the poison condition applied to reduce the healing.I said along time ago that a lot more elite skills could be changed so that they finish downed players cleaving has become less of an option now because it takes such a long time and stomping is often not fast enough.Head butt (on impact)Chill to the bone (on impact (icey grave!)Firey GS (when it lands)Supply Crate (when it lands)Prime Light Beam (on impact)just to name a few off the top of my head that would make sense fishing downed players

This makes a lot of traits and utilities useless and i feel would require more work to make it done properly down state needs to exists but there can be more restrictive limits on revival power.As it stands right now people with no healing power or support trait investment can pretty much out heal cleave damage all it takes is one or two people pressing f on a body regardless of their build to save another player faster than you can cleave or stomp them.

lowering base number on pressing f on someone to be honest is all they need to do. Rezing some one should not be easy unless you invested heavy stats and traits in doing such. Or add quicker ways to insta finish people which would would be fun too.

Make quickness affect stomp again perhaps?

@"SpellOfIniquity.1780" said:I'm in favor of the instant finish on downed players, I like that one.

As is I think it's okay. I dislike that it does pretty much no damage but it's not the only skill like that so, I can live with it. The stun duration is pretty brutal so it can be quite the powerful effect if used right. Just a few days ago I caught some poor soul with "Chilled to the Bone!" then Executioner's Scythe right afterwards, must have been the longest stun of their life, lol.Increased damage on downed targets would be more fair i think, if they put damage back in it that is, and it should be substantial damage.

I don't play my Reaper in WvW or PvP, but in PvE I sure wish that I had some way of boon strip/corrupt while in reaper shroud, especially in Fractals where I'm often the only one running strip/corrupt unless the Renegade swaps to Mallyx. No Pain No Gain isn't as bad since I can drop Well of Corruption before going into shroud, but with Vengeance instability you don't have that issue until you start killing trash, but by then, you're already in Shroud. Saw this the other day on Underground.

What if they replaced the chill with a boon strip?

I like the idea of the skill being an aoe down finisher. Would be nice for roaming in wvw(possibly in organized groups also). A 2 second cast time to match warriors Battle StandardI could see anet boosting the cd on scythe upwards of 45-60 seconds though.

Nice combo with infusing terror to give necro a semi-safe stomp without having to burn wurm and spectral walk to half ass pretend to be a thief lol