Rune of the Warrior and sigils/traits

mixxed.5862

@mixxed.5862 said:This rune is pretty cool. The shorter recharge on weapon swap feels good. I'd like to run it more often in PvP.

However it doesn't synergize with any of the sigils and traits that proc on weapon swap. Please reduce the cooldowns on these to 8 seconds :)

u know lowering cooldowns on sigills etc will give certain professions an big buff?For example Druids/Soulbeast extra forms, Ele's Elements , revs legends .... they all trigger sigills too. Then even more frequently without having to choose the warrior rune

@Sobx.1758 said:I'm 99% sure that exact sigil cd is not a coincidence or an oversight and the only way to convince me otherwise is to show me the patchnotes that lower that cd at any point in the future.

You're probably right. But having a rune that doesn't even work with most popular sigils is a little strange.

@Virdo.1540 said:

@mixxed.5862 said:This rune is pretty cool. The shorter recharge on weapon swap feels good. I'd like to run it more often in PvP.

However it doesn't synergize with any of the sigils and traits that proc on weapon swap. Please reduce the cooldowns on these to 8 seconds :)

u know lowering cooldowns on sigills etc will give certain professions an big buff?For example Druids/Soulbeast extra forms, Ele's Elements , revs legends .... they all trigger sigills too. Then even more frequently without having to choose the warrior rune

I know. Although I thought it wouldn't break the game. They could always tie the cooldown reduction to the rune as well. But then that'd probably be too much of a hassle.

Oh no, a trade-off!Anyhow, why would the "point of the rune be to proc weapon swap sigils"?Seems to me that the point is literally to get weapon swap cd reduced. Just having that up sooner already opens new venues...

Like sure, the rune seems rather underwhelming (though I actually used it back pre-HoT for the lower CD on swap, lol), but to assume the purpose of the rune is to synergize with on-swap sigils seems off to me... There's plenty of other runes with niche uses, that's part of the fun of coming up with builds that actually use them...

No, you misunderstood. The point of the rune is to be able to weapon swap with a shorter cooldown of 8 seconds. But if you do, you miss out on the very powerful procs from weapon swap sigils. That's why it's currently not worth playing with Rune of the Warrior: You offer up another, powerful rune to deny yourself the even more powerful on swap effects. The benefit the rune brings is small, the trade off is much larger.

@mixxed.5862 said:No, you misunderstood. The point of the rune is to be able to weapon swap with a shorter cooldown of 8 seconds. But if you do, you miss out on the very powerful procs from weapon swap sigils. That's why it's currently not worth playing with Rune of the Warrior: You offer up another, powerful rune to deny yourself the even more powerful on swap effects. The benefit the rune brings is small, the trade off is much larger.

That's true but if ur using sigils not dependent on weapon swap and just apply their effects on cds a weapon swap cd reduction can be a nice qol.

@Psycoprophet.8107 said:

@mixxed.5862 said:No, you misunderstood. The point of the rune is to be able to weapon swap with a shorter cooldown of 8 seconds. But if you do, you miss out on the very powerful procs from weapon swap sigils. That's why it's currently not worth playing with Rune of the Warrior: You offer up another, powerful rune to deny yourself the even more powerful on swap effects. The benefit the rune brings is small, the trade off is much larger.

That's true but if ur using sigils not dependent on weapon swap and just apply their effects on cds a weapon swap cd reduction can be a nice qol.

I suppose it's only really problematic on warrior when you want to run a sigil of energy/intelligence/cleansing. Especially energy is too good to give up and it's very annoying when you need the endurance but it doesn't proc.

I'd like to try it on core guard as well. Unfortunately you're stuck with lynx.

@mixxed.5862 said:

I suppose it's only really problematic on warrior when you want to run a sigil of energy/intelligence/cleansing. Especially energy is too good to give up and it's especially annoying when you need the endurance but it doesn't proc.

I'd like to try it on core guard as well. Unfortunately you're stuck with lynx anyway.

Yeah exactly, sometimes I run it on warrior to not make the weapon swap on non discipline builds sting so much.

@Psycoprophet.8107 said:

I suppose it's only really problematic on warrior when you want to run a sigil of energy/intelligence/cleansing. Especially energy is too good to give up and it's especially annoying when you need the endurance but it doesn't proc.

I'd like to try it on core guard as well. Unfortunately you're stuck with lynx anyway.

Yeah exactly, sometimes I run it on warrior to not make the weapon swap on non discipline builds sting so much.

I've been playing with it even running discipline. There's good synergy with the traits and it changes how you play (a little). It's probably overkill but I like it with hammer/greatsword. I think it even makes kind of sense with a traited hammer.

@mixxed.5862 said:

I've been playing with it even running discipline. There's good synergy with the traits and it changes how you play (a little). It's probably overkill but I like it with hammer/greatsword. I think it even makes kind of sense with a traited hammer.

Nice! It's my mainstay on thief as I actually feel the difference in weapon swap and has saved me many times.

@mixxed.5862 said:But Rune of the Warrior reduces the recharge on weapon swap to 8 seconds! If you swap your weapons on cooldown (which is the point of the rune) you'll get your sigil procs only half the time.

LOL, I've played a warrior for so long that I only ever say the rune as 1s instead of 2s for others my bad. Still It is probably also balanced around Engis swapping kits, Eles swapping attunements, and Necros going into Shroud. They probably ran the numbers back before launch and found that 9s on the sigils was what it took to keep Warriors, Eles, Necros, and Engis from breaking them.

@Lan Deathrider.5910 said:

@mixxed.5862 said:But Rune of the Warrior reduces the recharge on weapon swap to 8 seconds! If you swap your weapons on cooldown (which is the point of the rune) you'll get your sigil procs only half the time.

LOL, I've played a warrior for so long that I only ever say the rune as 1s instead of 2s for others my bad. Still It is probably also balanced around Engis swapping kits, Eles swapping attunements, and Necros going into Shroud. They probably ran the numbers back before launch and found that 9s on the sigils was what it took to keep Warriors, Eles, Necros, and Engis from breaking them.

My guess is they just went with (weapon swap cd) - 1 second, so it doesn't bug out due to desync.

I did understand, I just didn't agree.There's enough playmaking potential (however niche) without changing on-swap sigils.The on-swap sigils are already really strong, especially when you look at stuff like Ele's and their attunements, Rec'd with Legends, Engi's with kits...A second is actually quite a lot of time if you for example look at it over a duration of a fight.So it kinda sucks for the Warrior Rune, but there's no reason to buff sigils because of it.