Disconnects

I have disconnected from every story quest at least once since the launch of this expansion. Never had this issue with HoT, it's not my internet and it's not my computer everything is stable and I don't disconnect from any of of the multiple online games I play, only GW2. I have had to redo the "The Departing" quest seven different times. The first 6 I disconnected right after fighting flame guy, when he stops talking but before the cutscene starts the game just disconnects me. After having to redo that BS fight 6 different times just to crash I teamed up with a random passer-by. We ended up getting past it, beat the soul sucker and went back to talk to the dude in the cell and what do you know after that 30 minutes long bs running around quest I was disconnected AGAIN meaning I have to do the entire thing over again when I was right at the end of it. I as well as many many MANY others are having the exact same issue and it's ANET's fault that we cannot progress in story cause of their servers dropping us.

This is absolutely bad form making any progression in the story moot because I get disconnected from every single one. The story quests this expansion are entirely too long and filled with such awful inane unskippable dialog. You get through the entire thing just to get booted right at the end then have to go back and do all that garbage over again? It's so annoying. The fights are hard and WAY too long as it is but disconnecting and having to do them seven times is absolutely bs. This expac is completely unplayable until you guys fix the constant dc issue in story quests. Really disappointed and I personally regret spending 70$ CDN for an expansion that doesn't work. I wont be able to progress in the story at all nor do I even want to play the game until this issue is resolved. I never had this issue with HoT so I have no idea why there is so many disconnecting issues for PoF.

PoF 2/10

Same issue as my wife and I...we disconnect in story missions often. We end up having to redo story missions multiple times. No Dev support, help or even comments on it. It's really irritating. I freaking bought this game the least we could get is a response on why we can't rejoin an instance or when this will be fixed.

• 3 weeks later...

I have the same opinions about the story fights. I have tried 10 times (even waiting after the Halloween patch). Today I tried and same result so I opened a ticket. Not expecting them to do anything about it except say "I'm sorry for the inconvenience". I just want my Griffon mount. Which is another stupid thing to lock it behind completing the story.

• 5 months later...

I've sent a few bug reports about this same issue because it happens with every story instance, whether its in personal story, HoT, or PoF where I basically end up having to do each instance 6-10 times because it keeps disconnecting right at the very end but I never have any connection issues during any other part of the game.

• 9 months later...

Archived