[Video] Staff PvP/WvW Build Guide

alchemyst.2165

Thanks!!! You have restored my faith. I was hoping you were in Anvil Rock and i could learn from you in person... but then you murdered some AR guys in one of the parts :-(

2 things:-could i see your WvW stats (vit, prec, etc) without all the food and bday booster buffs?-you vault a lot after dodging... why not Rune of the Daredevil?

@"SlitheSlivier.1908" said:Thanks!!! You have restored my faith. I was hoping you were in Anvil Rock and i could learn from you in person... but then you murdered some AR guys in one of the parts :-(

2 things:-could i see your WvW stats (vit, prec, etc) without all the food and bday booster buffs?-you vault a lot after dodging... why not Rune of the Daredevil?

Sure!https://imgur.com/Jo2ECRS

Rune of the daredevil is certainly an option, I just like to have the extra sustain provided from divinity runes. Plus, I have enough precision to where I wouldn't get as much benefit off of daredevil runes, but if you have low precision then daredevil rune would be more useful.

@"Turkeyspit.3965" said:

That was the video that inspired me to create a Daredevil in the first place. Sadly I never took to it for WvW as I found zerging alot more fun than roaming, but she still gets some PvE playtime.

Im glad I could be of inspiration! Daredevil is a lot of fun.

@alchemyst.2165 said:

@"SlitheSlivier.1908" said:Thanks!!! You have restored my faith. I was hoping you were in Anvil Rock and i could learn from you in person... but then you murdered some AR guys in one of the parts :-(

Sure!

Rune of the daredevil is certainly an option, I just like to have the extra sustain provided from divinity runes. Plus, I have enough precision to where I wouldn't get as much benefit off of daredevil runes, but if you have low precision then daredevil rune would be more useful.

You have a lot of artificially improved stats showing still (they are green). I think some of the boons on you provide that but idk how much. Anyway you could take a shot without those so it shows just your stats from your equipment+traits+signets? (I think then your precision will be the only green one ). Just makes it easier for comparison.

@SlitheSlivier.1908 said:

@SlitheSlivier.1908 said:Thanks!!! You have restored my faith. I was hoping you were in Anvil Rock and i could learn from you in person... but then you murdered some AR guys in one of the parts :-(

Sure!

You have a lot of artificially improved stats showing still (they are green). I think some of the boons on you provide that but idk how much. Anyway you could take a shot without those so it shows just your stats from your equipment+traits+signets? (I think then your precision will be the only green one ). Just makes it easier for comparison.

You can always put the build from his video here and see for yourself. ;)

• Confused 1

@Sobx.1758 said:

@SlitheSlivier.1908 said:Thanks!!! You have restored my faith. I was hoping you were in Anvil Rock and i could learn from you in person... but then you murdered some AR guys in one of the parts :-(

Sure!

You can always put the build from his video
and see for yourself. ;)

Blasphemy!!

Good point

Hi! Thank you for video. It seems to be exactly the thief gameplay I imagined when choosing this proffession. When switched from my burn guard to d/p daredevil I was shocked though. The 5k "burst" on backstab caught me off guard so to say. This video brings back hope I can continue to 1v1 and win some.

I have a question regarding role in conquest PvP. Does thief with this build retain his "decap&run"/+1 typical for D/P or may I try to brawl some classes?This prof is a big change of gameplay for me, since I only know guard.

@SlitheSlivier.1908 said:

Sure!

You can always put the build from his video
and see for yourself. ;)

Blasphemy!!

Good point

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?PagAYVlRw2YLsLWJOMXnNTA-zVhYBBhIEKIYrgOEjKy3Y0uAqnAaGA-w

@"Footcrusha.5092" said:Hi! Thank you for video. It seems to be exactly the thief gameplay I imagined when choosing this proffession. When switched from my burn guard to d/p daredevil I was shocked though. The 5k "burst" on backstab caught me off guard so to say. This video brings back hope I can continue to 1v1 and win some.

I have a question regarding role in conquest PvP. Does thief with this build retain his "decap&run"/+1 typical for D/P or may I try to brawl some classes?This prof is a big change of gameplay for me, since I only know guard.

For staff, you still definitely are a +1er/decapper, but with some added brawling/teamfight ability. So yes, you're more capable of 1v1ing, teamfighting etc, but you are still a thief at your core. You're just a bit more versatile is all. You trade stealth and single-target/chase ability for more versatility. Hope that helps!Edit: Keep in mind, though, that while it is very possible to fulfill those roles, it is more difficult, and you have to play an "Unorthodox side-noder" of sorts. Use your mobility and evades in a reactionary way. It is a high skill-floor type of playstyle.

@"alchemyst.2165" said:For staff, you still definitely are a +1er/decapper, but with some added brawling/teamfight ability. So yes, you're more capable of 1v1ing, teamfighting etc, but you are still a thief at your core. You're just a bit more versatile is all. You trade stealth and single-target/chase ability for more versatility. Hope that helps!Edit: Keep in mind, though, that while it is very possible to fulfill those roles, it is more difficult, and you have to play an "Unorthodox side-noder" of sorts. Use your mobility and evades in a reactionary way. It is a high skill-floor type of playstyle.

Thanks for pointing that out. I understand the skill floor is (and as I've heard alway was) high for thief and this is main reason I want to try it. Forums are full of people complaining about thiefs current place in meta, though.I will also try to build condi meme thief(daredevil), but only after I'll learn more about proffession.