Emote, especially /talk.

CedarDog.9723

There's another thread for this elsewhere and I agree whilst not a priority, it'd be nice to have a lot more emotes like many other games have.

I was sitting in Lion's Arch a little while back and I couldn't help but notice that most of the static/immobile NPCs standing talking to each other have a large variety of expressive gesturing while they /talk while players only get a small single animation loop. Why didn't ANet just apply those (as well as other) emote animations to player emotes as ANet has already done the work to include them in-game? Heck, give us more dances! I wanna see my charr do some "sweet, sweet moves" like those dancing go-go tigers in Zootopia or from some of those movies that feature dancing as its plot, or from some Youtube videos of people dancing, or something. Even if it's an upgrade to the gem store dance item.

@CedarDog.9723 said:There's another thread for this elsewhere and I agree whilst not a priority, it'd be nice to have a lot more emotes like many other games have.

I was sitting in Lion's Arch a little while back and I couldn't help but notice that most of the static/immobile NPCs standing talking to each other have a large variety of expressive gesturing while they /talk while players only get a small single animation loop. Why didn't ANet just apply those (as well as other) emote animations to player emotes as ANet has already done the work to include them in-game? Heck, give us more dances! I wanna see my charr do some "sweet, sweet moves" like those dancing go-go tigers in Zootopia or from some of those movies that feature dancing as its plot, or from some Youtube videos of people dancing, or something. Even if it's an upgrade to the gem store dance item.

The same reason that many npcs dress better than me and me wanting their damn clothes for a while but can't get them."Reasons" is the answer.

Archived