why nerf signet of the hunt??? come on!!

senki.1046

It's misconception that soulbeast/ranger is over powered . Glass builds are only over powered against other glass builds and its anets policy to except the complains from the lowest common denominator. The ranger class and specializations has NEVER ,in any part, EVER been over powered compared to the other classes . ALL the videos and complaints have been completely debunked in previous threads . Yet the nerfs keep coming to an already extremely weak an non competitive class. The amount of evades, healing , stealth ,speed ,power have been way over exaggerated since the release of HoT based on speculation , circumstantial evidence and band wagoning to fabrications. In many ways the complaints come from mediocre players that either refuse to adjust to the mechanics or simply have NO clue about the mechanics of the game or the ranger class. They grab the first build handed to them expecting that build to do everything in all circumstances and then complain that its must be the rangers/SB fault when that build fails . Anet keeps going on about competitive play yet we still see the same classes dominating the field after over a year. I have yet to see just one Anet Ranger or Mesmer in the play field of WvW . I've seen all other classes over the years but not one single Mesmer or Ranger. That says something all on it's own.

@Mokk.2397 said:It's misconception that soulbeast/ranger is over powered . Glass builds are only over powered against other glass builds and its anets policy to except the complains from the lowest common denominator. The ranger class and specializations has NEVER ,in any part, EVER been over powered compared to the other classes . ALL the videos and complaints have been completely debunked in previous threads . Yet the nerfs keep coming to an already extremely weak an non competitive class. The amount of evades, healing , stealth ,speed ,power have been way over exaggerated since the release of HoT based on speculation , circumstantial evidence and band wagoning to fabrications. In many ways the complaints come from mediocre players that either refuse to adjust to the mechanics or simply have NO clue about the mechanics of the game or the ranger class. They grab the first build handed to them expecting that build to do everything in all circumstances and then complain that its must be the rangers/SB fault when that build fails . Anet keeps going on about competitive play yet we still see the same classes dominating the field after over a year. I have yet to see just one Anet Ranger or Mesmer in the play field of WvW . I've seen all other classes over the years but not one single Mesmer or Ranger. That says something all on it's own.

I dont know man.

Getting deleted from a single rapid fire on full minstrel guard + mount health was not really balanced.

And having effectiv 1800 range +high mobility + stealth + massiv burst is maaaaaybe a bit overtuned.

@DanAlcedo.3281 said:I dont know man.

Getting deleted from a single rapid fire on full minstrel guard + mount health was not really balanced.

And having effectiv 1800 range +high mobility + stealth + massiv burst is maaaaaybe a bit overtuned.

Again! Another fabrication. Anyone that can do the math can tell you that is complete BS!! Even if all you were wearing was just minstrel armour ,trinkets and a weapon with nothing else . A full volley of rapid fire from a fully outfitted SB with full blood lust ,might ,food , nourishment and criting for every shot still would not down you. Let alone if your sitting on a mount.A high damage ranger /SB DOES NOT have the mobility anywhere near that of a warrior, ele , theif or mesmer.And no where near the stealth capability of mesmer or thief .Even if runes of the trapper are used which they would negate any high power damage.The argument with the range is moot because it only really useful with a full berzerker build and the gap can be closed in an instant on the ranger/sb with next to no defence.

@DanAlcedo.3281 said:

@Mokk.2397 said:It's misconception that soulbeast/ranger is over powered . Glass builds are only over powered against other glass builds and its anets policy to except the complains from the lowest common denominator. The ranger class and specializations has NEVER ,in any part, EVER been over powered compared to the other classes . ALL the videos and complaints have been completely debunked in previous threads . Yet the nerfs keep coming to an already extremely weak an non competitive class. The amount of evades, healing , stealth ,speed ,power have been way over exaggerated since the release of HoT based on speculation , circumstantial evidence and band wagoning to fabrications. In many ways the complaints come from mediocre players that either refuse to adjust to the mechanics or simply have NO clue about the mechanics of the game or the ranger class. They grab the first build handed to them expecting that build to do everything in all circumstances and then complain that its must be the rangers/SB fault when that build fails . Anet keeps going on about competitive play yet we still see the same classes dominating the field after over a year. I have yet to see just one Anet Ranger or Mesmer in the play field of WvW . I've seen all other classes over the years but not one single Mesmer or Ranger. That says something all on it's own.

I dont know man.

Getting deleted from a single rapid-fire on full minstrel guard + mount health was not really balanced.

And having effective 1800 range +high mobility + stealth + massive burst is maaaaaybe a bit overturned.

How long ago was this? because last time I did I was doing max like 3-4k at a range.

Also, a lot of that sustain was nerfed too, and ranger has become a lot easier to pin down than it used to be. A ranger now has to depend on multipliers to get high damage, and I don't know how to do that properly yet, which is why I get pretty low numbers. I tried zephyr and other stuff, but doing maybe 5k tops not getting those 8-10k people are complaining about. Personally: I would feel kinda better if we didn't need some abstract multipliers and figuring out how to get them to get 10-12k bursts, especially since it becomes a difficult balancing act where multipliers make you do insane numbers, but if you don't, your numbers are low enough that you can't kill anyone.

I dunno maybe other rangers like this.

@Blocki.4931 said:

@"Sandzibar.5134" said:

Why is block a duration and not "block X number of attacks" ?

Because guardians would be effected by the change and we cannot have that.

Funny, because Guardian is literally the only class with an effect like that.

Sarcasm bud, I was using sarcasm lol

But on a serious note, how is a 40 sec cooldown, 10 unblockable attacks and 25% movement increase balanced compared to warriors signet of might that provides.. +180 power, 10 unblockable attacks, 10 stack of might for 7 seconds and has a 25 second cooldown?

@DanAlcedo.3281 said:Getting deleted from a single rapid fire on full minstrel guard + mount health was not really balanced.

You are playing a Bunker profession that has an invulnerability, it can reflect, it has tons of support between healings, stability and protections add the 10k life of warclaw and 2 extra dodge, you would die in a single burst from the maximum range only if you stand still eating everything the damage (although I don't think it's enough without might / vurn)

@Axl.8924 said:How long ago was this? because last time I did I was doing max like 3-4k at a range.

Also, a lot of that sustain was nerfed too, and ranger has become a lot easier to pin down than it used to be. A ranger now has to depend on multipliers to get high damage, and I don't know how to do that properly yet, which is why I get pretty low numbers. I tried zephyr and other stuff, but doing maybe 5k tops not getting those 8-10k people are complaining about. Personally: I would feel kinda better if we didn't need some abstract multipliers and figuring out how to get them to get 10-12k bursts, especially since it becomes a difficult balancing act where multipliers make you do insane numbers, but if you don't, your numbers are low enough that you can't kill anyone.

I dunno maybe other rangers like this.

Even with the old coefficient of 3.75 he might get downed with only Minstrels armor , weapon and trinkets and was a potato.

Signet of the Hunt wasn't nerfed.

ANET announced they were changing how Unblockable effects would work like...a month ago or so? Maybe longer? (sorry, not wasting my time looking for the post - you can do that). ANET just didn't get around to changing how the Ranger signet worked until now. If anything, Rangers avoided that change for however long it has been active for other classes; however long that was, I'm not sure, I don't have anything that uses that mechanic so it wasn't on my radar.

Time to find something else for Rangers to be outraged over.

@Turkeyspit.3965 said:Signet of the Hunt wasn't nerfed.

ANET announced they were changing how Unblockable effects would work like...a month ago or so? Maybe longer? (sorry, not wasting my time looking for the post - you can do that). ANET just didn't get around to changing how the Ranger signet worked until now. If anything, Rangers avoided that change for however long it has been active for other classes; however long that was, I'm not sure, I don't have anything that uses that mechanic so it wasn't on my radar.

Time to find something else for Rangers to be outraged over.

It was nerfed, before we had 6 seconds of unblockable attacks, now we have 10 stack of unblockable attacks over that 6 seconds. Before we used to have an unblockable repaid fire and several unblockable autoattacks, now 1 rapid fire eats the 10 stacks of unblockable attacks. That’s a nerf.

Yeah, that nerf was completely out of place. Double longbow barrage was a thing when blobbing, but after we got nerfed again after the big balance patch, it became rather meh. Since that got nerfed hard, some of us tried running the same double longbow barrage build but trading ~50% crit damage (and some extra power, vitality and precision) for piercing arrows so that we could get some extra damage when blobbing by using rapid fire + signet of the hunt while barrage was on cooldown, and it worked decently ok. While you still relied on a single skill to deal most of your damage, at least you had something else to do while barrage was on cooldown, even if it wasn't very easy to pull and more often than not you'd end up hitting an invulnerable downed or get your arrows blocked by a minor elevation on the terrain. Now signet of the hunt literally disappears after shooting two single arrows (or landing two rapid fire hits) in a blob, and it's almost comical to see.

Ranger's usually been more about a lot of low-ish damage attacks (yeah yeah I know: Maul, Wordly Impact... I didn't say all our attacks were like that :P), so this nerf hurts the class even more. As Sandzibar said, if these skills have been turned into "X amount of unblockable attacks", shouldn't the blocks also turn into "Block X amount of attacks"?. Nah, just nerf ranger again and make sure it's not of any use when it comes to blobbing, because why would you want to let a class be somewhat decent in WvW unless it's some meta stuff? That's impossible! And yeah that's sarcasm, lol.

Y wouldn't exactly call it ''in line with other skills of the sort'' when the the CD is higher and the skills behind it are all smaller hits in a smaller frame eating the procs. (rapid fire/one wolf pack/piercing count/barrage)

Seems like they just wanted to nerf Ranger burst even further.

@Mokk.2397 said:

@DanAlcedo.3281 said:I dont know man.

Again! Another fabrication. Anyone that can do the math can tell you that is complete BS!! Even if all you were wearing was just minstrel armour ,trinkets and a weapon with nothing else . A full volley of rapid fire from a fully outfitted SB with full blood lust ,might ,food , nourishment and criting for every shot still would not down you. Let alone if your sitting on a mount.A high damage ranger /SB DOES NOT have the mobility anywhere near that of a warrior, ele , theif or mesmer.And no where near the stealth capability of mesmer or thief .Even if runes of the trapper are used which they would negate any high power damage.The argument with the range is moot because it only really useful with a full berzerker build and the gap can be closed in an instant on the ranger/sb with next to no defence.

This is not a fabrication, I tried a build with close to 270% crit damage + gazelle, longbow and greatsword more than 2-3 months ago.so you would basically sit at the edge of the fight, and if anyone tried to focus you you would just turn around and use gazelle charge + greatsword and hope that your people helps you out.

Before all the nerfs you could target enemy commander in the middle of the zerg and simply down him with a rapid fire + quickness + unblockable + piercing arrows + One wolf pack + Sic em.

the only way to survive that was to either dodge twice or use invuln. it went through all reflects blocks and multiple people.

Today it is no longer possible, although there are some builds that can crit 5k maul on my super tanky guardian with -10% dmg food.You either are a modifier god with a ranger soulbeast or you are just average.The amount of knowledge and skill you need to have to pull it off is really high and nobody realizes that, I generally main soulbeast and I tried that style of play just to go back to a more easy and forgiving build, I just can't bother to try and play (and fail) like a pro all the time.

Signet of the hunt grants you 10 unblockable hits, that is more than enough for how the game is right now.

@Lazze.9870 said:

@Blocki.4931 said:It's now in line with every other skill of the sort, not a nerf and definitely not unfair.

Except it's an otherwise complete garbage signet on a class that deals several of its attacks in multihits, apart from the GS and WI.

Ofc, people can't even see that, so what's the point..

Yeah but thats has nothing to do with the change they made. The signet was crap before that.If you compare it to the warrior signet, i propose that it grants atleast superspeed and goes down to a 25s CD.So it can be used as a chasing tool or just grants increased mobility in general.That still would make it niche but atleast not out right trash.