Guild Wars 1 - Game of the year and 2008 upgrade : same price, but gotyu delivers strictly more

I apologize in advance if this is not the correct place to submit this feedback.

When I started working on my "god walking amongst mere mortals" title in Guild Wars, I started by logically working on the Legendary Defender of Ascalon title first. It didn't look too hard to get plus pre-Searing Ascalon, where you acquire the title, is a very pretty place so not the worst area to waste a bit of time.

It soon became obvious that I needed the fire imp and its summoning stone, as the little fellow helps a lot with its good damage.

Without giving it much thinking, I bought the 2008 upgrade for 4,99€ and was blessed with the imp, and I can fairly say that I have been quite happy with the deal for all my time playing the game.

However I later came to realize that, instead of the 2008 upgrade, I could have bought, for the exact same 4,99€, the Game of the year upgrade instead, which not only gives the fire imp, but also a bunch of weapons that are coincidentally very useful in pre-Searing Ascalon, like a bow with maximum damage for my ranger and a hammer with maximum damage for my warrior!

As I said earlier I am satisfied with the original 2008 upgrade, but I am a bit sad and wished I had known that difference beforehand, because the bonus weapons would have helped me a bit, especially a bow with maximum damage for my ranger.

Why are there two different offers for the same price? Is the 2008 upgrade really needed?

• 2 months later...