Phase smash still doing 10k damage to 2.6 armor. — Guild Wars 2 Forums
Home Professions Revenant

Phase smash still doing 10k damage to 2.6 armor.

anduriell.6280anduriell.6280 Member ✭✭✭✭
edited April 15, 2020 in Revenant

1200 Ranged attack with 1.5 seconds evade still does 10k damage.

phase smash

Other classes have been nerfed into oblivion still i see this kind of kitten lingering around.

Comments

• Elric.4713Elric.4713 Member ✭✭✭

Yes hammer too stronk, increase the cooldowns even more AND increase the energy cost as well.

👻Legendary Ritualist Stance - Invoke the power of the legendary ritualist Master Togo.

• Clownmug.8357Clownmug.8357 Member ✭✭✭

Is 1.36 power coefficient considered a lot now? I mean that's where Maul and Worldly Impact are at now after recent nerfs. A few ranger players made it seem like a drastic change, but if they're still hitting for 10k then I don't see what's the big deal.

• ArthurDent.9538ArthurDent.9538 Member ✭✭✭✭

Get over it

• DonArkanio.6419DonArkanio.6419 Member ✭✭✭✭

Can we delete the Hammer?

I can't dodge Player Character literally dropping from the air.

In all honesty, are you serious?

• Raknar.4735Raknar.4735 Member ✭✭✭✭

It is a highly telegraphed skill with a 1.25s cast time, lasting the duration of the evade, which is also 1.25s. I think it is reasonable that the skill deals some damage, since you have to predict where your enemy will be in 1.25s and the enemy also gets to see you leap all the way, direction and everything.

You have a heart of gold. Don't let them take it from you. Umbasa.

• it's literally so easy to avoid. Cry harder. Quit trying to nerf 1/3 of our main weapons out of complete existence.

• Justine.6351Justine.6351 Member ✭✭✭✭

Idk which is more sad,
    Someone getting hit by a hammer rev or the fact there is some poor soul still trying to make it work, in full zerkers...

Hammer Rev still the ultimate boogie man in 2020. We did good work guys ;-)

Anet buff me :-(
    Make me good at game!

• LucianTheAngelic.7054LucianTheAngelic.7054 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited April 22, 2020

@anduriell.6280 said:
    1200 Ranged attack with 1.5 seconds evade still does 10k damage.

phase smash

Other classes have been nerfed into oblivion still i see this kind of kitten lingering around.

yes, a 1.5 second evade which is also a 1.5 second cast time. And you got hit by it.

Also lmao at thinking WvW blobs will ever possibly be balanced in an inherently imbalanced game mode.

This thread is actually gold and I'm here for it

• Man that skill actually dealt damage? Not gonna lie when I did WvW people avoided it so often that I just stopped using it as an offensive skill altogether, and instead chained it for its evade when something better was not quite off of cooldown yet. I'm bummed to find out that all this time I could have been deleting pros like the OP :(

• DeceiverX.8361DeceiverX.8361 Member ✭✭✭✭

This is the guy who has historically and vehemently defended soulbeast, even claiming boonbeast wasn't OP.

Hammer is designed horribly and should get reworked but this skill ain't the problem.
    CoR was a problem because it had zero targeting indicator for a long time and functioned as a ranged AoE backstab with an identical cooldown, and wasn't prone to being reflected making it stupidly busted in WvW and very risk-free, but kinda trash everywhere else.

You sure that Sniper idea is as good as you thought it was gonna be?
    Because I think my original idea is better.
    Quit/Inactive. No, you can't have my stuff.

• I got 3.4k armor and somehow soulbeast hit me for 10.1k with WI. No vulnerability whatsoever but yeah

• Turkeyspit.3965Turkeyspit.3965 Member ✭✭✭✭

@DeceiverX.8361 said:
    CoR was a problem because it had zero targeting indicator for a long time and functioned as a ranged AoE backstab with an identical cooldown, and wasn't prone to being reflected making it stupidly busted in WvW and very risk-free, but kinda trash everywhere else.

CoR is not a projectile, so ofc it cannot be reflected. I think you meant to say blocked by Aegis?

• DeceiverX.8361DeceiverX.8361 Member ✭✭✭✭

@Turkeyspit.3965 said:

@DeceiverX.8361 said:

CoR is not a projectile, so ofc it cannot be reflected. I think you meant to say blocked by Aegis?

No, I meant what I said in that it was a problem because it wasn't a projectile. Rangers suck in WvW blobs because of the prominence of reflects despite being quite strong in small group play. CoR's cooldown was the single lowest non-projectile ranged damage source in the entire game. And mind you, that's AFTER it got nerfed the first time from 2 seconds to 4. Even Necromancer's Well of Blood, a skill considered absolute garbage, had a longer cooldown than CoR did afterwards.

And CoR had huge AoE coverage and conditional-melee-only-with-penalties-glassy-class-signature-burst-skill levels of damage on top of it. Without any kind of skill indicator ("red circles"). Complaints over the years were justified.
    It had to get nerfed the way it did. It may have made hammer kinda bad and the weapon deserves major overhauls because clearly it wasn't designed with this in mind (as has been the case for a lot of stuff in respects to WvW), but in absolutely no way was CoR reasonable for WvW at all, and yet, it's the only place it was played.
    Same deal as dire/TB stats. Unused literally everywhere but WvW. Broken there. It should be removed and let people have stat-selectable armor like they've done before.

So yeah, CoR was stupidly overpowered for WvW. Yet hammer kinda sucks otherwise. Keep DTH for fair usability in blob play, and rework hammer to be a viable midrange weapon (600 range with no projectiles would be pretty neat for midline in blobs and the power can be upped since it lacks relative safety on lower range) so it doesn't suck for sPvP either and we gucci.

You sure that Sniper idea is as good as you thought it was gonna be?
    Because I think my original idea is better.
    Quit/Inactive. No, you can't have my stuff.

• Cyninja.2954Cyninja.2954 Member ✭✭✭✭

2.6k armor is not really that much though is it?

Given base values for light, medium and heavy ascended:
    Light 967 + 1,000 = 1,967 - 2,600 = 667 toughness
    Medium 1,118 + 1,000 = 2,118 - 2,600 = 482 toughness
    Heavy 1,271 + 1,000 = 2,271 - 2,600 = 329 toughness

On an attack which commits the opposing player into not being able to move AND which is very visible. If you are standing there getting hit by Phase Smash all the time and are not a frontliner (which should be running more than 300-600t unless warrior), the issue is a lot more with your bad positioning and slow reactions and less with the skill.

• Buran.3796Buran.3796 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited April 24, 2020

@DeceiverX.8361 said:
    Same deal as dire/TB stats. Unused literally everywhere but WvW. Broken there. It should be removed and let people have stat-selectable armor like they've done before.

I disagree. Dire/Trailblazer are arguably the best stats for solo PvE gaming; not only gets the job done but keeps you alive and even lets you to solo 5 players content as fractals and a lot of Champions and multiplayer designed events. For PvE people oftenly goes full zerk or viper/griever because they play in o organized teams which stack damage like crazy so they essentially speedrun content for the maximum profit in the shortest time, but for the average joe which is completing a map or doing the story there's no reason to go glass cannon and get get one shooted and to waste time in waypoints or rezz orbs. Plus, pure glass cannon builds have no real use in PvP or guild vs guild fights in WvW, so learning about how to sustain yourself through damage mitigation and recovery in PvE becomes useful for future WvW/PvP players.

• Buran.3796Buran.3796 Member ✭✭✭✭

And by the way, no reason to complain about a weak skill in a forgotten weapon nobody uses in any game mode anymore. Meanwhile, this evening a Mesmer one shooted my 19K HP 3.1K armor Firebrand while I was fighting a Ranger: I went from intact to downstate in like 1.5 sconds...