Why isn't Instinctive Engage an evade?

NorthernRedStar.3054

can they make it actually capable of catching people who hold the w key too?been playing almost exclusively d/d in pvp for the last 2 weeks cause i'm bored, and my goodness it's just SUCH a mediocre skill in general.no evade, bad tracking, for a pve-only weapon the quickness is pretty useless, pretty eh damage, long cast time, bleh

@Shagie.7612 said:can they make it actually capable of catching people who hold the w key too?been playing almost exclusively d/d in pvp for the last 2 weeks cause i'm bored, and my goodness it's just SUCH a mediocre skill in general.no evade, bad tracking, for a pve-only weapon the quickness is pretty useless, pretty eh damage, long cast time, bleh

My point exactly. For such a hard-to-hit skill, it sure feels mediocre. 3 seconds of quickness during which your opponent can kite away to waste the duration because dagger has no other sticking tools and a crappy reach.

@NorthernRedStar.3054 said:

@Shagie.7612 said:can they make it actually capable of catching people who hold the w key too?been playing almost exclusively d/d in pvp for the last 2 weeks cause i'm bored, and my goodness it's just SUCH a mediocre skill in general.no evade, bad tracking, for a pve-only weapon the quickness is pretty useless, pretty eh damage, long cast time, bleh

My point exactly. For such a hard-to-hit skill, it sure feels mediocre. 3 seconds of quickness during which your opponent can kite away to waste the duration because dagger has no other sticking tools and a crappy reach.

1.5s* :)

But yeah as much as I would love an evade on this skill, I would be happy if they extended the range a bit and also cleaned up the animation so it becomes better at tracking and pursuing. Feels like I'm playing leapfrog when I use it. Giving it cripple would be really nice too, but at that point perhaps it'd be too similar to Monarch's Leap.

@"Pterikdactyl.7630" said:

1.5s* :)

But yeah as much as I would love an evade on this skill, I would be happy if they extended the range a bit and also cleaned up the animation so it becomes better at tracking and pursuing. Feels like I'm playing leapfrog when I use it. Giving it cripple would be really nice too, but at that point perhaps it'd be too similar to Monarch's Leap.

I didn't even know it had been split.

Holy bad, bad, bad skill.

If you compare it to https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Radiant_Arc, Instinctive Engage is pretty bad. They are more or less the same, but one is much much weaker.

Yes, Instinctive Engage has an ammo of 2, but it really doesn't make it better. It hits ONE target. Instinctive Engage could get 1 sec more of Quickness if it hits and hits harder if 2 times.

Radiant Arc doesn't need a target to get Quickness and has 50 more range. Also, it CRIPPLES and hits 5 TARGETS with a radius of 240.

What's up with giving Ranger one target skills ? I've come across so many of them ! Instinctive Engage, Sword AA #2, Bite (Bear Beastmode), Frenzied Attack (Moa Beastmode), Maul (Pig Beastmode), Bite (Cat Beastmode), etc.

@"Krispera.5087" said:If you compare it to https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Radiant_Arc, Instinctive Engage is pretty bad. They are more or less the same, but one is much much weaker.

Yes, Instinctive Engage has an ammo of 2, but it really doesn't make it better. It hits ONE target. Instinctive Engage could get 1 sec more of Quickness if it hits and hits harder if 2 times.

Radiant Arc doesn't need a target to get Quickness and has 50 more range. Also, it CRIPPLES and hits 5 TARGETS with a radius of 240.

What's up with giving Ranger one target skills ? I've come across so many of them ! Instinctive Engage, Sword AA #2, Bite (Bear Beastmode), Frenzied Attack (Moa Beastmode), Maul (Pig Beastmode), Bite (Cat Beastmode), etc.

Don’t forget about the higher damage and coefficient of radiant arc over instinctive engage (according to wiki anyway)

@Abyssisis.3971 said:

@"Krispera.5087" said:If you compare it to
, Instinctive Engage is pretty bad. They are more or less the same, but one is much much weaker.

Yes, Instinctive Engage has an ammo of 2, but it really doesn't make it better. It hits ONE target. Instinctive Engage
could
get 1 sec more of Quickness if it hits and hits harder if 2 times.

Radiant Arc doesn't need a target to get Quickness
and has 50 more range. Also, it
CRIPPLES
and hits
5 TARGETS
with a radius of 240.

Don’t forget about the higher damage and coefficient of radiant arc over instinctive engage (according to wiki anyway)

Isn't MH dagger for soulbeast designed to be a condition based weapon?Then of course it should have a lower damage coefficient, considering that holosmith MH sword is supposed to be a power dps weapon.And btw, if you use both charges then the damage of soulbeasts dagger is actually higher...

That being said, comparing 2 skills from different weapons with different playstyles doesn't really makes sense. It is comparing apples with oranges.

@Kodama.6453 said:

@Eurantien.4632 said:Is ranger dagger main hand the worst weapon in the game?

I would give Warrior Offhand sword that reward.

I still think engineer MH pistol deserves this title.

The 2 and the 3 are pretty solid though. 5 stacks of poison dart volley for 10s each. Then you get confusion and blind on the 3 that bounces! And they're ranged. I'd take that over dagger 2 and 3 right now.

@Kodama.6453 said:

@"Krispera.5087" said:If you compare it to
, Instinctive Engage is pretty bad. They are more or less the same, but one is much much weaker.

Yes, Instinctive Engage has an ammo of 2, but it really doesn't make it better. It hits ONE target. Instinctive Engage
could
get 1 sec more of Quickness if it hits and hits harder if 2 times.

Radiant Arc doesn't need a target to get Quickness
and has 50 more range. Also, it
CRIPPLES
and hits
5 TARGETS
with a radius of 240.

Isn't MH dagger for soulbeast designed to be a condition based weapon?Then of course it should have a lower damage coefficient, considering that holosmith MH sword is supposed to be a power dps weapon.And btw, if you use both charges then the damage of soulbeasts dagger is actually higher...

That being said, comparing 2 skills from different weapons with different playstyles doesn't really makes sense. It is comparing apples with oranges.

They buffed MH Dagger coefficient to make it just passable and on par with Sword. I can't really say if Dagger MH is 100% a condi weapon, because both builds in PvE use them.

Sure, they are different weapons, but they are similar skills. If it's a Condi weapon, then why Instinctive Engage has no conditions tied to it ? But Radiant Arc, the 100% power skill, has cripple on it.

MH Dagger is just a bad weapon. It has two traits synergy with Soulbeast traits and they are eeeeh : Essence of Speed and Predator's Cunning. It doesn't even have Fury to trigger Furious Strength or a CC to trigger Twice as Vicious.