[Video] WvW : Sword Weaver is magic ! Roaming 1vsX

Lasiurus.4067

@Lasiurus.4067 said:Hi everyone,Here is a new video of some roaming versus Vabbi players in WvW.I'm playing a Sword/Dagger Weaver, power/condi spec.No celestial, Mix Zealot/Grievers/Cavalier. Water/Arcana/Weaver.Hope you enjoy this new video !

So whats your real stat spread, because you have too much vitality to be using just those three gear sets. . .Also too much healing power....

I honestly don't know why you would be intentionally misleading

@Solori.6025 said:So whats your real stat spread, because you have too much vitality to be using just those three gear sets. . .Also too much healing power....

I don't think that vitality would be hard to reach. Master's Fortitude + durability runes + borderlands bloodlust +infusions + food, it probably adds up if we knew their power and condition damage for the +5% vitality bonuses. I don't know how to figure out their healing power, probably not as much as you think though.

@Solori.6025 said:

@Lasiurus.4067 said:Hi everyone,Here is a new video of some roaming versus Vabbi players in WvW.I'm playing a Sword/Dagger Weaver, power/condi spec.No celestial, Mix Zealot/Grievers/Cavalier. Water/Arcana/Weaver.Hope you enjoy this new video !

So whats your real stat spread, because you have too much vitality to be using just those three gear sets. . .Also too much healing power....

You don't need Vitality Stat :

• Durability Rune offer me 1250 HP
  • Borderland Bloodlust + Food offer me nearly 1000 HP
  • Weaver Trait offer me nearly 3500 HP (!)
  • Got 1 Maraudeur piece, + some infusion, must be like 500 HP

Thats a total of 6250 free HP. :)

@Lasiurus.4067 said:

@Solori.6025 said:

You don't need Vitality Stat :
  • Durability Rune offer me 1250 HP
  • Borderland Bloodlust + Food offer me nearly 1000 HP
  • Weaver Trait offer me nearly 3500 HP (!)
  • Got 1 Maraudeur piece, + some infusion, must be like 500 HP

Thats a total of 6250 free HP. :)

Thank you, i figured their was a marauder piece in their somewhere, because just straight greiv,cav,zea doesnt give enough to bump the vitality near what you had.Should probably include that in the intro though

@Clownmug.8357 said:

@Solori.6025 said:So whats your real stat spread, because you have too much vitality to be using just those three gear sets. . .Also too much healing power....

I don't think that vitality would be hard to reach. Master's Fortitude + durability runes + borderlands bloodlust +infusions + food, it probably adds up if we knew their power and condition damage for the +5% vitality bonuses. I don't know how to figure out their healing power, probably not as much as you think though.

to get barrier to the 1500 that he has when he dodges in water you are looking at a healing power over 1000.Thats what it shows for me in the tool tip.

with durability runes and a maruader pieceTrinkets would have to be full zealots to even get close.So something isn't adding up with the first mentioned 3 stat spread :I

@Solori.6025 said:

@Clownmug.8357 said:

to get barrier to the 1500 that he has when he dodges in water you are looking at a healing power over 1000.Thats what it shows for me in the tool tip.

with durability runes and a maruader pieceTrinkets would have to be full zealots to even get close.So something isn't adding up with the first mentioned 3 stat spread :I

Oh, I see what you mean now. Maybe this is one of those instances where the tooltips under estimates the correct value. The signet passive is only healing for ~260 so they're no where near 1000 healing power.

@Clownmug.8357 said:

@Solori.6025 said:

@Clownmug.8357 said:

Oh, I see what you mean now. Maybe this is one of those instances where the tooltips under estimates the correct value. The signet passive is only healing for ~260 so they're no where near 1000 healing power.

Thats what I thought too, but if you test it in game, it gives exactly what it says. . .

@Solori.6025 said:

@Clownmug.8357 said:

@Solori.6025 said:

@Clownmug.8357 said:

Thats what I thought too, but if you test it in game, it gives exactly what it says. . .

Don't forget I also have the +120 healing power while being in water, thanks to Weaver trait :)

@Clownmug.8357 said:

@Solori.6025 said:

@Clownmug.8357 said:

IMO the 260 is a bug. I'm currently at 900 healing power. Remember you also have the Healing buff in WvW (not sure thet removed it thought)

i would like to see u try this with out all the buffs and food u are using XD for some reason I don't think it would go so well , not to mention sword is great if someone wants to engage in a fight but if they just tried to kite u wouldn't be able to do much about it ,

sword needs more movement impairing conditions and better damage

@Lasiurus.4067 said:

@Solori.6025 said:

@Clownmug.8357 said:

@Solori.6025 said:

@Clownmug.8357 said:

Don't forget I also have the +120 healing power while being in water, thanks to Weaver trait :)

You had 1493 barrier when you dodge rolled while dual attuned to air and 1573 on water.

Even a full ascended Zealot can't do that given that you're using Durability runes unless you're actually using Healing Power food but you said you're using Vit food. Correct me if I'm wrong but IIRC what you see in the tooltip is what you get for barriers so I'm wondering where that extra 180 healing power came from if you had 900 healing power given that you were dual attuned to air for 1493 barrier.

Edit: I saw in YT that you're gonna post the build tomorrow. I guess I'll just wait then. This really piqued my curiosity since I've been theory crafting a lot but I just can't find the right balance between offense and defense.

@Clownmug.8357 said:

@Solori.6025 said:

@Clownmug.8357 said:

If you check around 0:54 while he was on mist form, regen ticks for 266 while attuned to Fire and Air. This means the ones ticking for 320~ is the signet passive so yes, he has around 1080~ healing power total (which I find weird since you can't get that much with those stat combinations + durability runes alone).

This is misleading. Once SB and Scourge gets toned down, people might QQ about Weaver's sustain if they think that Weavers can get that much healing without investing a lot on healing power...

@Kyon.9735 said:

@Lasiurus.4067 said:

@Solori.6025 said:

@Clownmug.8357 said:

@Solori.6025 said:

@Clownmug.8357 said:

You had 1493 barrier when you dodge rolled while dual attuned to air and 1573 on water.

Even a full ascended Zealot can't do that given that you're using Durability runes unless you're actually using Healing Power food but you said you're using Vit food. Correct me if I'm wrong but IIRC what you see in the tooltip is what you get for barriers so I'm wondering where that extra 180 healing power came from if you had 900 healing power given that you were dual attuned to air for 1493 barrier.

Edit: I saw in YT that you're gonna post the build tomorrow. I guess I'll just wait then. This really piqued my curiosity since I've been theory crafting a lot but I just can't find the right balance between offense and defense.

@Clownmug.8357 said:

@Solori.6025 said:

@Clownmug.8357 said:

If you check around 0:54 while he was on mist form, regen ticks for 266 while attuned to Fire and Air. This means the ones ticking for 320~ is the signet passive so yes, he has around 1080~ healing power total (which I find weird since you can't get that much with those stat combinations + durability runes alone).

This is misleading. Once SB and Scourge gets toned down, people might QQ about Weaver's sustain if they think that Weavers can get that much healing without investing a lot on healing power...

I rewathed from that point, good eye sir.

OP what stats are you really using?because getting the healing power with zealots, greiving, and cav (and the marauder chest with durability) would require full zealot trinkets ( and even then it's short), which doesn't make sense because you also have great sustain.

my head hurts :(

Not bad, i guess. Most of them didnt have buffs, food or anything which helped you. your damage was okay. Though i do think you would do SO much more dmaage if you were Dagger instead of sword. Though that might change IF they buff sword in the next balance update. Its odd seeing a "roamer" (guessing you are) with all of those PvE buffs though. Never see any roamers with them buffs myself. What side are you on NA or EU?

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Booster

The strength booster isn’t supposed to be a PvE thing ?According to the wiki (and cause I remember checking the buff in the bar, and not just the description, a long time ago) it’s against monsters (and so not against players)

I still highly doubt of your opponents capacity. (And do you really need all those buffs to be competitive enough ?)But it’s cool to see people enjoy the sword on weaver.

@Hana.8143 said:https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Booster

The strength booster isn’t supposed to be a PvE thing ?According to the wiki (and cause I remember checking the buff in the bar, and not just the description, a long time ago) it’s against monsters (and so not against players)

I still highly doubt of your opponents capacity. (And do you really need all those buffs to be competitive enough ?)But it’s cool to see people enjoy the sword on weaver.

IIRC strength booster was included in an old WvW booster pack from Black Lion so I think it works in WvW too. Haven't really used any myself though.

I take it you died at 3:59 to the conditions. What happened right there is what I see 90% of the time in roaming WvW fights. Anything I run up to puts 6+ conditions on me, I cleanse them, then I get another 6. You go the entire fight with just a few condis on you here and there, no significant condi pressure of any kind until the end.

I just don't get how it is possible to cleanse all the conditions that get applied, specifically on ele and even running full sustain water & earth traits. A scourge will simply apply way more conditions that its possible for any class to clear. Firebrands will just wreck you in seconds because even if you clear condis, you get 10 stacks of burning instantly where just one tick will destroy all your HP.

@biofrog.1568 said:

I take it you died at 3:59 to the conditions. What happened right there is what I see 90% of the time in roaming WvW fights. Anything I run up to puts 6+ conditions on me, I cleanse them, then I get another 6. You go the entire fight with just a few condis on you here and there, no significant condi pressure of any kind until the end.

I just don't
get
how it is possible to cleanse all the conditions that get applied, specifically on ele and even running full sustain water & earth traits. A scourge will simply apply way more conditions that its possible for any class to clear. Firebrands will just wreck you in seconds because even if you clear condis, you get 10 stacks of burning instantly where just one tick will destroy all your HP.

Tomorrows video : a duel versus a famous Reaper/condi scourge youtuber : HOLLTS.Then you"ll see how weaver/ele can deal with condition :) It was a hard fight, final score 3-3

Archived