So I made a post not long ago, probably a few days ago about new classes. Seems it got poo pooed on but it made me think of the potential for "Racial" specs and "Racial Classes" which are unique based upon the race you choose. For example a havroun can only be a norn for lore reasons, while a dervish can only be a human again for lore reasons and these classes/specs can be created to give racial diversity to classes that currently exist.
Im going to build this post based upon the notion that they would be a fourth spec line, which is simply present and can't be changed that bring racial bennefits to the forefront that honestly don't destroy anything or put one above the other. Simply add racial flavor, perhaps they add unique synergies and I can do a one v the other but it shouldn't be applicable unless you wish to min-max (Which is hilarious that you'd waste the time but whatever lol..)
- Havroun: The norn racial traitline is based entirely around the spirit of the wild you chose at the beginning of the game, the benefits are dependent on this choice which makes it mean something when you make a character. For a example is that both raven and snow leopard offer a sort of trickster gameplay, but raven is more about dark magic and the augmentation of it while snow leopard is beneficial to melee builds and melee gameplay which gives you benefits in the area of mobility. Wolf would be a support themed spirit based around team play and what you can bring to the table, in the way of hunting with the pack to bring down your quarry.. (Maybe like in ESO with their werewolves, the more wolf norn you have in a party the more benefits there can be?) And Bear would be a more sustained tank/bruiser playstyle offering damage mitigation's, and ways of staying in the fight longer as well growing stronger the longer the fight goes on. So think of it kind of like once you reach a point the bear norn will be extremely powerful, the draw back is their speed takes a hit as they continue to "Bulk up". All of these come with the shapeshifting that we know the norn to be all about, you take the form of your chosen spirit when you are in combat which is the point where the trait line comes into play. ( Could add a feature for the norn to make it more interactive, not sure but would be cool.)
- Dervish: For the humans their gods might of left but the Dervish's were warriors who used Aura's and augmented themselves with various buffs. This would be based around the god you choose in the beginning, again to make this choice have meaning. The unique flavoring would be you pulling power from the god realms which we now know still exist due to war Eternal, meaning that energy can still be present. And with some of them being anchored to our world due to dragonfall its not hard to think the humans might find a way to harness such power, Similar to the norn you imbue yourself with the power of said realm. In doing so you gain aura's (Not sure how, by command or just passively) which benefit you in specific ways. Balthazar could be all about sustain, fire and melee combat (Skulls for the skull throne!) And Grenth could be all about darkness, chill, and occult like magic swirling around the user. This would like the norn mean that a Warrior born under balthazar would be completely unique when standing next to one of the other gods.... as it should be.
- Legionnaire: For the charr we have their legion benefit them in specific ways, Blood is all about melee, ash is all about stealth and mobility and Iron is all about technology and how it can augment ones performance. As a bonus FLAME legion is all about magic and the addition of magical protections upon the user, since we are in a point where I think they might be good guys from here on out it would be a good way to make the game feel fresh. Add them in as a bonus but make it so there is a way you could choose to join them, during the Ice-brood saga we could also include the olmakhan if we wanted and have them be about magical protection? This way they have four putting them on an even standing with the others.
- Savant: For asuran its their colleges and the lessons they teach, Im not honestly sure how this would work as I know next to nothing about the race as I couldn't be bothered to care really about their existence within guild wars 2. I like the race but their lore is lost on me~ Feel free to come up with something.
- Wild hunt valiant: The cycle of day in which you're born is what decides what type of valiant you are, same as the others they give you specific flavor based on what you would have chosen during the character creation.
Note before you START your poo poo; These add flavor and a tiny pinch of power. They in no way should make it so X is better than Y in a racial choice; But it could encourage people who say ONLY play humans to try playing another race for the flavor alone. This could go a long way to make the races feel special, unique and choosing one is choosing how you interact with the world because as it stands now the racial choices seem pointless. I feel like they could completely be removed and it wouldn't make a difference once so ever. I mainly just want some flavor for the race I choose and the class I pick, Id like to see my norn warrior feel a bit different to my friends charr warrior and each be unique outside of some wonky animations and the fact that all I really have is tattoos. I know this will be poo pooed on; I really don't care at this point because as I said the community just bashes on any Idea no matter what it is unless it is something that brings more of the same. (No faith in anyone to really actually offer constructive additions at this point.)