INSTALLER IS STUCK. FILES REMAINING STUCK

The -assetsrv option is currently broken/disabled, so instead you have to...

Search the start menu for notepad, right click it and run it as an administrator. Open:C:\Windows\System32\drivers\etc\hosts

At the end, add the following line, then save:54.164.187.55 assetcdn.101.arenanetworks.com

Start GW2. Remove the line when you're done.

The IP changes regularly, so for future reference, look it up using cmd.exe:nslookup origincdn.101.arenanetworks.com 8.8.8.8

• Thanks 1

Thank you for your response Healix.

Ive just done this and it is now downloading but files remaining still remain the same number.

Is this normal? Thank you for your time!

EDIT: its moving along now. YOU ARE AN ABSOLUTE HERO HEALIX.

all of the previous attempts at fixes were from your responses to other people's problems.

I could not thank you enough!

• 1 year later...
On 4/17/2020 at 8:01 PM, Healix.5819 said:

Search the start menu for notepad, right click it and run it as an administrator. Open:C:\Windows\System32\drivers\etc\hosts

At the end, add the following line, then save:54.164.187.55 assetcdn.101.arenanetworks.com

The IP changes regularly, so for future reference, look it up using cmd.exe:nslookup origincdn.101.arenanetworks.com 8.8.8.8

This is such an insane fix to what possibly cannot be our fault? I mean really? I will try it now...

On 4/17/2020 at 8:01 PM, Healix.5819 said:

By the way, I tried editing like you said, but was not given access to doing so? I have full admin access of course, but still I was not able to change anything in that hosts file...