Proposed Trait: Soulbeast and Pet F2 Refresh

Eurantien.4632

Very problematic mechanic to balance due to the fact that every pet got a different F2 cooldown to balance its own F2 skill effect. Your proposal basically flatten the F2 CD potential for all pets. Even if you can't think of a game breaking example right now(like wolf fear back to back and every 10 sec after), this will be one of those traits that will limit the potential of new F2 abilities for the rest of this game life time.

@LughLongArm.5460 said:this will be one of those traits that will limit the potential of new F2 abilities for the rest of this game life time.

Are we gonna pretend that Anet has ever been ambitious about the pets' F2 skills? Arguably the best of the bunch wouldn't even be an F2 skill if we hadn't convienced them of how backwards it would be to put the smokescales' smoke field as one of its automated skills.

Given that refreshing BM CD on pet swap is out of the picture with the recent trade-off, I'd gladly take this. Though I would honestly take just about anything over Eternal Bond. Why does that useless GM still exist?

@Lazze.9870 said:

@"LughLongArm.5460" said:this will be one of those traits that will limit the potential of new F2 abilities for the rest of this game life time.

Are we gonna pretend that Anet has ever been ambitious about the pets' F2 skills? Arguably the best of the bunch wouldn't even be an F2 skill if we hadn't convienced them of how backwards it would be to put the smokescales' smoke field as one of its automated skills.

Given that refreshing BM CD on pet swap is out of the picture with the recent trade-off, I'd gladly take this. Though I would honestly take just about anything over Eternal Bond. Why does that useless GM still exist?

What can I say, I'm a believer.The Pets mechanic is the best platform to "fill the holes" on many of the class problems.Take for the example the druid. I see players ask for a pet re-work for druid, to make it a spirit/wisp that trade damage for survivability and utility. A much cheaper and more flexible solution is a create a wisp pet for the upcoming exp that can do exactly that. I mean, the devs make the effort to deliver like 5 new pets every exp, so why make filler pets like cheetah and lion.

Regarding Eura idea, you can probably work around this issue, perhaps making the trait give "Alacrity" on pet swap(merge) or something.I agree that both Eternal Bond & Leader Of the Pack need some adjustments.

@LughLongArm.5460 said:

@LughLongArm.5460 said:this will be one of those traits that will limit the potential of new F2 abilities for the rest of this game life time.

What can I say, I'm a believer.The Pets mechanic is the best platform to "fill the holes" on many of the class problems.Take for the example the druid. I see players ask for a pet re-work for druid, to make it a spirit/wisp that trade damage for survivability and utility. A much cheaper and more flexible solution is a create a wisp pet for the upcoming exp that can do exactly that. I mean, the devs make the effort to deliver like 5 new pets every exp, so why make filler pets like cheetah and lion.

Regarding Eura idea, you can probably work around this issue, perhaps making the trait give "Alacrity" on pet swap(merge) or something.I agree that both Eternal Bond & Leader Of the Pack need some adjustments.

Could just be a 50% reduction in the CD or something instead of a flat out reset.

@Eurantien.4632 said:

Could just be a 50% reduction in the CD or something instead of a flat out reset.

Sure, I think it will be OK in terms of balance if you think it is strong and exciting enough for a GM trait(quick-draw for pet skills).