Core Elementalist Wish-List

Stallic.2397

Been thinking about this for a while. Weaver and Tempest are pretty decent, so of course I got bored with them. After playing Core Ele for a while, easy fixes were found to round out the profession. Pvp Focus in mind. Since it’s quarantine and I have a lot of time on my hands- why not?

Fire TraitlineConjurer: Activation time for conjured weapons are reduced by 100%. Conjure weapon abilities have 20% reduced recharge.Fire aura generation removed. (Doesn’t make sense that picking up a conjured weapon grants fire aura, and the very next minor, sunspot, grants fire aura as well on attunement swap. It’s literally two traits doing the same thing.)

Air TraitlineZephyr’s Speed: Removed and replaced with Tempest Precision.Tempest Precision: Gain +200 precision when you attune to air for 9 sec. This is equivalent to 10% crit chance increase.
One with Air: Grants 25% movement speed in all attunements. Gain Superspeed when attuning to air for 3 seconds. (The beginning of Air tratiline starts with 3 movement speed traits. Another example of repetition. Combine the two most similar ones and create something of value for Ele. Like increased crit chance)

Water TraitlineHealing Ripple and Cleansing Wave combined: These two traits are literally one weapon skill separated into two traits. Lack of creativity. Just combine them.Cleansing Wave: Removed and replaced with Chilling Fury.Chilling Fury: Chill deals damage per second.Powerful Aura and Soothing Power are combined. Soothing Power is removed and replaced with Arctic Precision. (Three grandmasters all providing support is very exhausting. Especially when the Adept and Master Lines have a pattern of at least one damage trait option)Arctic Precision: Critical Hits apply vulnerability and chill. (Ele’s want to play a Chill build. Water doesn’t have to be all about heals and support)

Earth Traitline- I created a whole thread about this before, but in summary.Stone Flesh: 7% Damage reduction from bleeding foesElemental Shielding: Aura’s grant 4 sec of protection in all game modesEarthen Blast: Triggers 1 stack of bleeding for 10 sec in addition to its previous effects.Written in Stone: Activating a Signet grants Stability (Or Aegis) in addition to its previous effects.Stone Heart: Grant Tectonic Shift upon receiving critical hits outside of Earth Attunement (CD 15 sec) in addition to its previous effects.

Edit: Recently Added Diamond Skin. Gain barrier when you gain protection. All damaging conditions are now reduced by 20% effectiveness when you have barrier on you. That creates better synergy with Traitlines & Utilities that create protection or barrier. Which then causes less reliance on Fire and Water traitline cleanses. Right now, Diamond Skin isn't strong enough to rely on it's own for condition defense

Arcane TraitlineArcane Precision: Cast Arcane Blast upon your target when critically hitting a target (CD 12 sec). Previous effects removed. (Much better than having only a 33% chance to inflict a simple condition. 1 stack of vuln?? 1 stack of bleed?? Random and ineffective. If a player wants conditions. Combine new Arcane Precision with Elemental Surge. Every 12 seconds, player will now inflict much better damage and conditions.

Rescue traits like Earth’s Embrace of Final Shielding I won’t touch. I suspect Anet already has plans for those skills.

WeaponsOff Hand DaggerFrost Aura: Reduced to 25 secRide the Lightning: Grants ¾ sec evadeUpdraft: Radius increased to 240Earthquake: Grant 1 sec Stab upon each foe knocked down

ScepterDust Devil: Removed. Replaced by Tectonic BlockTectonic Block: Block the next incoming attack. Grant Tectonic shift upon successful block. Animation copied from Mesmer Scepter BlockDragon’s Tooth: Increase dropping speed and reduce damage of skill

FocusObsidian Flesh: Increase CD to 50 sec. Create a suit of obsidian armor to block the next 4 attacks. If the suit of armor is not destroyed, it explodes and immobilizes nearby foes for 1 sec. Number of targets: 5/ Radius: 240.

I do not even know where to start but i want a massive rework.

There needs to be a comple re do of where utitily fall on the atument trait lines.Water should be signet and signets should have group support effect on use.Fire should be cantrips with more might on use of cantrips.Air should get "arcain" effect skills crit base and stronger crits when used.Arcain should get glyph and have them much more utility for the ele it self (strong boons not what we have now).Earth should get conja weapons and be able to get stab when holding a conja wepon.

There is much more that i would like to see but talking core only the current way utility and on the atument trait lines just simply dose not fit the ideal of that atument.

@"Jski.6180" said:I do not even know where to start but i want a massive rework.

There needs to be a comple re do of where utitily fall on the atument trait lines.Water should be signet and signets should have group support effect on use.Fire should be cantrips with more might on use of cantrips.Air should get "arcain" effect skills crit base and stronger crits when used.Arcain should get glyph and have them much more utility for the ele it self (strong boons not what we have now).Earth should get conja weapons and be able to get stab when holding a conja wepon.

There is much more that i would like to see but talking core only the current way utility and on the atument trait lines just simply dose not fit the ideal of that atument.

I do agree with the cantrips. A very survival and fighter based group of skills and for some reason its grouped with a healing traitline??

Earth and conjure weapons would be cool. I just don't get why the current conjurer trait is so weak. I get its an adept, but make it worth while. Gaining a fire aura seems like a 2012 benefit, but not up to today's standards

@Stallic.2397 said:

@"Jski.6180" said:I do not even know where to start but i want a massive rework.

I do agree with the cantrips. A very survival and fighter based group of skills and for some reason its grouped with a healing traitline??

Earth and conjure weapons would be cool. I just don't get why the current conjurer trait is so weak. I get its an adept, but make it worth while. Gaining a fire aura seems like a 2012 benefit, but not up to today's standards

The main reason why it seems so weak is because fire aura is completely worthless. All they need to do is make fire aura as good as all the other ones and then the trait could actually be decent. They even buffed light aura on PoF launch and then introduced the decently strong dark aura. Where is the long overdue fire aura buff already?

I'm not sure I'd put Cantrips in Fire. Given that literally 3/4 of them purely defensive. Makes more sense for them to be Earth.

Conjured weapons fit Fire pretty well, since Fire gets a lot of passive damage for being in the attunement, which works well alongside conjured weapons (Also, it's both Power and Condi damage so it works for all the weapons)

Glyph fits better with Water, add some boon generation and possibly also Aura generation and they're golden since Aura generation would synergize with Powerful Aura to give them to the party.

Thus leaving Signets for Air, which can work well with another Ferocity and/or Precision buff on Signet activation.

As far as Traits go, I'd say something like;

FireConjurer - Now deals AoE damage and Burn when one of your conjured weapons is equipped and also reduces cooldown of conjured weapon skills by 20%. (Adds some thematic burst damage to picking up/equipping weapons. Including if an ally picks your weapon up)

Smothering Auras - Instead of increasing Fire Aura duration, now applies Might to nearby allies when you apply an Aura (Meaning mass Might if using Water/Fire with Powerful Aura pog)

AirSame things as in the OP

Inscription - Changed to give Tempest's Precision after activating a Signet and gain 80 Ferocity while under its effect. Signets have 20% reduced cooldown.

EarthSame Stone Flesh, Elemental Shielding, Earthen Blast and Stone Heart changes from OP.

Diamond Skin - Also triggers Earthen Blast in addition to its other effects.

Written in Stone - Changed to Cantrips apply Immobilize and 3 Bleed stacks to targets around you when activated. Cantrips have 20% reduced cooldown.

WaterSame Cleansing Wave/Chilling Fury change from OP

Soothing Disruption - Changed to Glyphs now grant you an Aura based on your attunement (Fire = Fire Aura. Water = Frost Aura. Air = Shocking Aura. Earth = Magnetic Aura). Glyphs have 20% reduced CD.

Cleansing Water and Soothing Power combined into "Soothing Mist is now 100% more effective and cleanses conditions"

Powerful Aura - Also applies Boons when you apply Auras to allies (Fire Aura = Might. Frost Aura = Regen. Shocking Aura = Fury. Magnetic Aura = Protection)

New GM Trait "Heart of Ice" - Chill you inflict lasts 33% longer. Deal 10% more damage to chilled enemies.

ArcaneSame Arcane Precision change from OP

Elemental Lockdown - Now applies Arcane Power when you lockdown an enemy instead of its current effect. Cooldown increased to 60s.

Evasive Arcana - Also casts Arcane Blast with a 40 second CD in addition to its other effects (The attunement proc retains no CD)

Bountiful Power - Also increases concentration by 180 in addition to its other effects.

For weapons, I'll mostly go with what's in the OP. But I'll add a couple more things;

Off Hand DaggerTransmute Frost also Chills enemies in addition to its other effects.

TridentBoil also applies Burning.

Ice Globe also chills on detonation.

Lightning Cage also applies 5 stacks of Vulnerability in addition to its other effects.

Rock Blade also pierces in addition to its other effects.

Murky Water also applies 1 stack of Bleed in addition to its other effects.

The ideal is that Cantrips old use gave might so by putting it into fire line gives more reasion to have the old effect back. Earth is a selfish line and very stand alone and conja weapons are in effect that type of mind set. By making it an earth line effect you give room to making conja weapons into a real stand alone effect for ele to where it can be a real conja wepon build (giving them stab when holding kind of like flame thrower on eng).

The big things arcain line and air line seem mixed up comply on there utility. Arcain skills are not utility skills at all they are raw dmg skill that are crit base they have no place on an utility line. The same thing could be said for glyph going on air line. So swapping these maybe chansing some of the effects as well would fit soo much better then what we have now.

Sigent feels like they should be the support set of skill both in giving a passive to your team and an massive support effect when used. There are no real support utility lines on the ele class out side of shouts from tempest. There is room for core to getting a real support utitily set and not this pices mill that it gets from random utitly skills that do not line up with any thing else in the game (no rune sets realy working well with a utility set that ele has for 1 utility skill that happens to have some what support on it).

@"LexIcon.2819" said:Elementalist was rigged from the start. You literally cannot balance this class when it has four weapon swaps. Four. Weapon. Swaps. By that logic every single skill is 1/2 of anyone's regular skill.

With twice the cast time. As a compensation we have 2 fast hitting skills on scepter that are the 95% of its reliable damage against a moving target, while the other, slow hitting skills still do low damage compared to what other classes do with same "cast time".

• 1 month later...

ScepterShatterstone: Blast finisher, auto-target, increase cast, chills.Water Trident: replace by Tidal Wave.Tidal Wave: release a wave that regenerates and heal allies and knocks enemies back. Animation copied from Cleansing Wave. (Dagger 5)

No one uses scepter for healing, don't need that incredible low damage.