What would make the coolest(or most lore friendly) engineer?

Drizzt.1796

Charr and Asura are the most fitting races to play Engineer on, the only reason I edge out Charr as more fitting is because of the Engineers skills and icons.

Many Engi skills are pretty rough looking.. some are kind of hobbled together like wacky inventions which definitely fits more in with Charr and their.. I don't care how it looks so long as it kills stuff attitude than it does with Asuran Technology.

An easy example is to just look at the Turret Designs, They definitely look more like something a Charr would design rather than an Asura.. in fact i'd think if an Asura designed them they'd probably be laughed out of Rata Sum.

Likewise with the Scrapper Elite Spec.. running around whacking things with a giant wrench.. definitely got more Charr vibes to it than anything else :)

Holosmith on the other hand screems Asura so I guess based on your spec preference define your race on that :)

@Teratus.2859 said:Charr and Asura are the most fitting races to play Engineer on, the only reason I edge out Charr as more fitting is because of the Engineers skills and icons.

Many Engi skills are pretty rough looking.. some are kind of hobbled together like wacky inventions which definitely fits more in with Charr and their.. I don't care how it looks so long as it kills stuff attitude than it does with Asuran Technology.

An easy example is to just look at the Turret Designs, They definitely look more like something a Charr would design rather than an Asura.. in fact i'd think if an Asura designed them they'd probably be laughed out of Rata Sum.

Likewise with the Scrapper Elite Spec.. running around whacking things with a giant wrench.. definitely got more Charr vibes to it than anything else :)

Holosmith on the other hand screems Asura so I guess based on your spec preference define your race on that :)

Ok! Thanks, I'll probably go charr engineer. Especially since I got Fixer Upper from Guaranteed Wardrobe Unlock. Thanks for commenting!

@Dawdler.8521 said:

@Teratus.2859 said:An easy example is to just look at the Turret Designs, They definitely look more like something a Charr would design rather than an Asura.. in fact i'd think if an Asura designed them they'd probably be laughed out of Rata Sum.If an Asura had designed them they'd be viable.

Asura should have had custom turrets skin.

@Kulvar.1239 said:

@Teratus.2859 said:An easy example is to just look at the Turret Designs, They definitely look more like something a Charr would design rather than an Asura.. in fact i'd think if an Asura designed them they'd probably be laughed out of Rata Sum.If an Asura had designed them they'd be viable.

Asura should have had custom turrets skin.

That would actually be a pretty cool cosmetic feature to have.Each race having their own variants of turrets and bombs based on their race's technology theme.

Would probably be to difficult to do though haha

• 1 month later...

@Rezzet.3614 said:Mechanist seems like the obvious next step

You mean as a third elite spec?

If so, then I disagree.We already have an elite spec representing the mechanic archetype, scrapper.

What engi is missing thematically as an elite spec is something that is focused on the chemical side of engineering.We have the hightech stuff with holosmith, the mechanic side with scrapper, but chemicals, acids, gases... these are mostly untouched by elite specs.

Also this would fit better for a condition based elite spec, which we desperately need. Both scrapper and holosmith are mostly power focused, having an elite spec that can greatly enhance the condition playstyle would be welcomed.

@Kodama.6453 said:

@Rezzet.3614 said:Mechanist seems like the obvious next step

You mean as a third elite spec?

If so, then I disagree.We already have an elite spec representing the mechanic archetype, scrapper.

What engi is missing thematically as an elite spec is something that is focused on the
chemical
side of engineering.We have the hightech stuff with holosmith, the mechanic side with scrapper, but chemicals, acids, gases... these are mostly untouched by elite specs.

Also this would fit better for a condition based elite spec, which we desperately need. Both scrapper and holosmith are mostly power focused, having an elite spec hat can greatly enhance the condition playstyle would be welcomed.

lorewise maybe but playstyle scrapper doesnt do anything special just whack people with a hammer , i was thinking more along the lines of robot minions , and yes i know some people hate it so its all preference , maybe a super robot minion you control like ranger , idk i just want cool toys .

other than that give me Non projectile aoe attacks for WvW and im happy

Obviously charr and asura make for obvious choices for engi,but im always enamored by the idea of norn engi using their inventions to try and emulate the spirits of the wild.The entire kit calls to Raven's cunning. Elixirs make you ferocious or tenacious like Bear. You have access to stealth and rocket boots to pounce like Snow Leopard.The turrets and weapon skills can also fit in to the loner, wilderness survival aspects of the norn.And last but not least, who better than an engi to set up a distillery to make some fine booze for the festivities ;)