I want to make a Healer thief but I don't think it could be effective

Noe.8032

Some of the newer changes to the shadow arts line gives thieves the potential to heal allies but I don't think it's thorough enough to produce a Healer thief.

The main thing I can see is the group heal on shadowstep perk. Then spam the sword 2 shadowstep; which would equal two 900ish heals per 5 initiatve spent. There's also a heal allies overtime on stealth but they'll destealth everytime they attack so that's useless as an actual support heal. Thief also has an on-demand blast finisher with their bow but I don't think thieves can normally spawn any water or light fields to combo it with. There is shadow refuge, which combined with deception reduction and the shadowstep deception skill would add more healing potential

I really want to make a Healer thief but even though the developers added in the baseline for one to exist it seems like the concept isn't fleshed out enough to compare to a scourge, druid or firebrand.

I messed around with it and it's fine as a supplement, especially covering siege or something, but I cut it down to mostly blinds, Scorpion Wire, and Snipers Cover and making sure I'm wherever I need to be quick. Right now I want nearly everything I do to take some health also and I feel like running interception and locking people up to get burned might not be sustaining but it can flip momentum. Shortbow blast is awesome and in WvW at least there's a lot of water and other fields around, you can use the build template to flip to extra healing if you're trying to walk a group out of someplace, shortbow 5 counts as a shadowstep along with the blind which you can also load up with stuff if you want for when you're staying ahead of the route. If you're counting on your healing though you might be in trouble.

Thief isn't really an effective support right now. The next thief elite spec should be supportive, ranger and necromancer have been in the same boat, but druid and scourge opened up the ability to play the support role for a team quite well.

Considering that thief also already has a bruiser and a dps elite spec, I think the next one being support would be good. So while creating a healing thief right now is not really worth it, you might be lucky when the next expansion drops.