[Vid] PvP one dodge Power Mirage - Why ppl hate Mesmers

ranked pvp with one dodge power mirage. i changed illusion of life for portal again. me still getting used to the very short kinda too nerfed duration of it.the intro is just for fun, it is not meant in a mean or disrespectful way, dont get hurt over it pls ;)

mirage balance, esp power mirage, still in an insanely poor state and my content is for sure not meant to approve it.

this vid includes mostly one uncut match and 2 scenes from another match i found worth showing. i still have a problem with my hard disk storage, so i cannot record a lot of footage for a vid at once. i need to delete footage and the finished vid after 1-3 matches to have enough storage for new footage. next vid will be most likely wvw bc there i can work with shorter shadowplay files instead my 13 mins backward recording to cover a whole pvp match. hopefully i find a solution soon for that problem.

i hope you can enjoy! pls leave a like/ subs and a comment on youtube to support my channel! stay healthy all! <3

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@"Jazz.4639" said:ranked pvp with one dodge power mirage. i changed illusion of life for portal again. me still getting used to the very short kinda too nerfed duration of it.the intro is just for fun, it is not meant in a mean or disrespectful way, dont get hurt over it pls ;)

mirage balance, esp power mirage, still in an insanely pure state and my content is for sure not meant to approve it.

this vid includes mostly one uncut match and 2 scenes from another match i found worth showing. i still have a problem with my hard disk storage, so i cannot record a lot of footage for a vid at once. i need to delete footage and the finished vid after 1-3 matches to have enough storage for new footage. next vid will be most likely wvw bc there i can work with shorter shadowplay files instead my 13 mins backward recording to cover a whole pvp match. hopefully i find a solution soon for that problem.

i hope you can enjoy! pls leave a like/ subs and a comment on youtube to support my channel! stay healthy all! <3

Finger Pointing doesn't resolve anything but shifting all blame to only one Profession At the moment, all Professions need to be seriously looked into and must be seriously dealt with. With no exception or without finding any excuses as to why it wasn't taken seriously

The true Hate is having to deal with continuation of repetitive, unresolved Toxic mechanics, traits with unhealthy skills..builds by all Professions alike....not only by Mesmers alone

That is the Hate!!

Jazz redirecting the focus back to your video, great showcase video of Mesmer as always.

+1

@Burnfall.9573 said:Jazz redirecting the focus back to your video, great showcase video of Mesmer as always.

+1big thx <3

@Leonidrex.5649 said:@"Jazz.4639"7:50 you made is sound like F4 stops retal damage, which is not the case.8:40 I like how you outplayed your own teammate xd

huh? i never got retal dmg during f4 running, you sure you dont mix it up with blurred? otherwise i was very lucky each time i used f4 during hitting something with retal oOnot sure what you mean with 8.40 can you explain? :)

@Leonidrex.5649 said:@"Jazz.4639" you used stealth TP to prevent rez so ele uses portal instead of rezing you, 5Head play

hehe that was intended, i wanted him to help downbuff ;) that was what the portal was meant for right from the moment i placed it at top buff, i just hoped to get a second advantage by the portal stomp, what sadly failed. i saw a good chance to self rezz in calmness at that moment.

btw you did not answer about f4 and retal, when you are sure i need to do some testing, bc then i have missed that until now what would be a big pog oO

@Odik.4587 said:

@"Jazz.4639" said:

@"Jazz.4639" said:mirage balance, esp power mirage, still in an
insanely pure state
questionmark

? what you mean? :) sry im not the fasted to read inbetween lines today. you think power mirage is in good state?Bolded text ? Pure or poor?

i wanted to say mirage balance is in poor state (it is bad)

@"Jazz.4639" said:

@"Jazz.4639" said:

insanely pure state
questionmark

? what you mean? :) sry im not the fasted to read inbetween lines today. you think power mirage is in good state?Bolded text ? Pure or poor?

Thank You! for admitting that and i know you're very passionate about Mesmer Profession including other Mesmer Profession players. All that is needed is for Anet to prioritize Mesmer in the next balance patch and to bring them back in line to their core root identity.

• I would like to share an interesting article with you and with other Mesmer Profession players as well

'Massively talks Mesmer...'

https://www.engadget.com/2011-12-19-massively-talks-mesmer-our-exclusive-interview-with-guild-wars.html

5IQeKg5.pngMesmer concept

@"Jazz.4639" said:

@Burnfall.9573 said:Jazz redirecting the focus back to your video, great showcase video of Mesmer as always.

+1
big thx <3

@Leonidrex.5649 said:@"Jazz.4639"7:50 you made is sound like F4 stops retal damage, which is not the case.8:40 I like how you outplayed your own teammate xd

huh? i never got retal dmg during f4 running, you sure you dont mix it up with blurred? otherwise i was very lucky each time i used f4 during hitting something with retal oOnot sure what you mean with 8.40 can you explain? :)

just tested it, F4 does indeed block retal, could have sworn it didnt lol

@Burnfall.9573 said:

@"Jazz.4639" said:

@"Jazz.4639" said:

insanely pure state
questionmark

Thank You! for admitting that and i know you're very passionate about Mesmer Profession including other Mesmer Profession players. All that is needed is for Anet to prioritize Mesmer in the next balance patch and to bring them back in line to their core root identity.
  • I would like to share an interesting article with you and with other Mesmer Profession players as well

'Massively talks Mesmer...'

5IQeKg5.png

Mesmer concept

Its funny then that you dismiss thieves concept alltogether.

@Leonidrex.5649 said:@UNOwen.7132thief archetype in every game ever was always broken, kitten unfun to play against, toxic and no counterplay.and the best thing the games could EVER do is nerf it into unplayability and leave it as 4fun spec, its legit everywhere the same problem.

Not really? I mean in the WoW clones ,sure. Permastealth oneshots are dumb, and thats what rogues are. But things like S/D thief, D/P headshot thief or hell P/P thief? Those dont tend to be problematic at all. Mesmer on the other hand, well its a rare style of class, but it is usually problematic.

@UNOwen.7132 said:

@Leonidrex.5649 said:@UNOwen.7132thief archetype in every game ever was always broken, kitten unfun to play against, toxic and no counterplay.and the best thing the games could EVER do is nerf it into unplayability and leave it as 4fun spec, its legit everywhere the same problem.

Not really? I mean in the WoW clones ,sure. Permastealth oneshots are dumb, and thats what rogues are. But things like S/D thief, D/P headshot thief or hell P/P thief? Those dont tend to be problematic at all. Mesmer on the other hand, well its a rare style of class, but it is usually problematic.

League of legends -> brokenNeverwinter online -> turbo brokengw2 -> brokenblack desert online -> brokenwow -> gigaultramegaomega broken at least it used to be, havent played in a while but I bet its still ultra broken for anyone that knows what they are doing.the only "rogue" thats fine-ish is sombra from overwatch, but thats becouse nobody plays her, becouse you know, she sucks.

@Leonidrex.5649 said:

League of legends -> broken

Yeah like Lucian. Wait. Uh, Caitlyn? Dang, still not. Fizz? Nah. Jax? Nope. Damn, thats a lot of thief-likes that are completely 100% fine. Oh and even if you want to do the stealthy ones? Kha'Zix, who is balanced if not weak. As he has been for most of his time after they removed damage reduction from his ult.

Neverwinter online -> turbo broken

Didnt play it enough. No comment.

gw2 -> broken

The last time thief was "broken" was pre-HoT. And it didnt use stealth then. Hell, thief didnt use stealth for most of GW2s history. Its defining build is S/D.

black desert online -> broken

Basically every class in that game plays like thief. The only one that has stealth is Ninja, and from what Ive heard its actually pretty weak. But I dont play it much.

wow -> gigaultramegaomega broken at least it used to be, havent played in a while but I bet its still ultra broken for anyone that knows what they are doing.

Well yeah, I did say outside of WoW clones.

the only "rogue" thats fine-ish is sombra from overwatch, but thats becouse nobody plays her, becouse you know, she sucks.

Thief is not Rogue, now is it? Not that youre right on the former part.

Rude of me to forget watching the video,Thanks for quality mesmer content again :)I like seeing people still play their class in good and bad days

GW2 is like (visualize the class selection screen)Ranger Elementalist ThiefRanger Thief ElementalistRanger Elementalist Thief

@"UNOwen.7132"the hack are you talking about thief like?why dont you mention evelyn, that was perpetually broken OP or broken UP, and after 10 !!! 10 freaking years they got her SOMEWHAT balanced, she is STILL ANNOYING to play AS and AGAINST, she is pain to EVERYONE, to teammates, to enemies and to eve players alike.Kha? same deal, he ALWAYS gets fed, always starts 5/0 and then loses game becouse he doesnt scale, he bullies people, pain in the ass, and then loses the game. And ONLY way for riot to balance him is to juggle numbers, he wins 1v1 against every single champion in the game lvl 6, awesome design, but by lvl 11 he is useless piece of shit that just gets rolled over by almost anything, and his only hope of being productive is getting so fed that he 1shots everything, if he is not 10/0 he dies like its nothing.what about twitch? to this day people make deathball twitch comps to stomp bad players, while being absolute shit in any high ranking games, twitch brings nothing to the game other then cancer.in BDO ninja gets nerfed constantly back to back, still the strongest 1v1 class by far, and there is like 6 classes that play like ninja for edgy weeabu players.BDO design is land CC first and you win, but rogue is THE FASTEST cuz hes the ROGUE, so he has the best chances of landing CC first so he is broken by design.This is my problem with "rogue" type classes, they have 0 counterplay, so to get them balanced they remove almost all numbers from them, and you end up with something that still has no counterplay and never will, but hits like wet noodle, becouse if its more then that it instantly becomes broken. So the rogue wannabees always are overpowered or underpowered and nothing in between. Mesmer is part of the problem too, blink and insta cast shatters are part of the problem, and all the big brains pushing for ShAtTeR gAmEpLaY would start crying to heavens when shatters become actually good, GL dodging INSTA cast shatters friend! much counterplay.

In the first MMorpg I played the thief were counterplayed by mages, which had giant aoe's for example a storm, and would unveil the thief from stealth and he couldnt hide again while in combat, that was balance. The elementalist of GW2 lacks decent ranged stuns and aoes.

Lol every thread regarding mesmer turns into a thief hate thread, every thread on thief gets joined by mesmers to hate on thief lol. Never changes. Best thing is that mesmer talk about how toxic and broken thief or rogue archetypes are yet they have chosen thee only class in history that rivals thiefs so called unfair,broken toxic mechanics with their own lmao. Makes sense for a class like warrior to hate on thieves but mesmers? Only reason is cuz thief is the only class that can keep up and compare to to the cheap mechanics mesmer has lol so they hate on it. Both classes are doing what their designed for if they feel annoying or unfair to fight.

@Psycoprophet.8107 said:Lol every thread regarding mesmer turns into a thief hate thread, every thread on thief gets joined by mesmers to hate on thief lol. Never changes. Best thing is that mesmer talk about how toxic and broken thief or rogue archetypes are yet they have chosen thee only class in history that rivals thiefs so called unfair,broken toxic mechanics with their own lmao. Makes sense for a class like warrior to hate on thieves but mesmers? Only reason is cuz thief is the only class that can keep up and compare to to the cheap mechanics mesmer has lol so they hate on it. Both classes are doing what their designed for if they feel annoying or unfair to fight.

calm down satan, nobody is hating on thief, I like thief. Doesnt change the fact that thief design wise has no counterplay and is unfun to fight.