Does core necro have a hard counter right now?

Crab Fear.1624

Full DPS Berserker/Eagle Longbow Soulbeast is definitely still a hard counter to any Necromancer build

One Wolf Pack > Quick Zephyr > Sic Em > Barrage > Rapid Fire

If it's somehow still alive, follow up with Maul > Hilt Bash > Maul > WI = Dead Necromancer

It still deals a lot more damage than a Core Necro can sustain if he doesn't have cross pressure from his team being applied to the Soulbeast

No necro has stability , they can have 2 stunbreaks with the signet , smack em around lol . They are still a rag doll. Knock downs , Knock backs , dazes and stuns anything that screws with their skills going on CD . After playing that way with my necro for even one day I completely understand why my little staff ele was being thrown around every match , thats just what people are packing these days to deal with necro.

@Burnfall.9573 said:

@Crab Fear.1624 said:What is it?

every profession hard counters Necromancer Profession. Crab Fear, are you being serious? If not, as a long time player, i wouldn't expect you to not know how to deal with them aside from Bad Designs Thief and Mesmer Profession who has all available tools to be immune to counterplay??

I'm a necro main.

For real.

I play whatever people say is weak each season.

It's like wearing weighted clothing and I am goku against tien.

When i start playing necro, it's 2-3 v 1 butt cheek clappin fun

@Burnfall.9573 said:

every profession hard counters Necromancer Profession. Crab Fear, are you being serious? If not, as a long time player, i wouldn't expect you to not know how to deal with them aside from Bad Designs Thief and Mesmer Profession who has all available tools to be immune to counterplay??

Long time player saying thief and mesmer have no counterplay?

Necro is not balanced right now with the amount of res potential, pressure and sustain sorry.

I'm a necro main.

For real.

I play whatever people say is weak each season.

It's like wearing weighted clothing and I am goku against tien.

When i start playing necro, it's 2-3 v 1 butt cheek clappin fun

But necro isn't weak, it's the easiest class to get good outcome on

Any ranged bursting class with high mobility will kill a necro. If you are in melee range bait the first breakstun use by ccing then cancelling a burst, most of them will breakstun and dodge to avoid getting bursted while stunned, repeat again, congrats you have a 30-40s window to burst him down. Repeat this until needed, don't waste burst skills on shroud.

@NecroSummonsMors.7816 said:Any ranged bursting class with high mobility will kill a necro. If you are in melee range bait the first breakstun use by ccing then cancelling a burst, most of them will breakstun and dodge to avoid getting bursted while stunned, repeat again, congrats you have a 30-40s window to burst him down. Repeat this until needed, don't waste burst skills on shroud.

since when can burst class, burst someone with 20k hp and over 3k toughness with potentiall perma protection?

Once you're silver 3 or so, you should be able to keep core necros from killing you with a bit of kiting, cc, cleanse, and dodge on most dps builds. Set us on fire, cc us, then burst us to oblivion. Lure us away from the group and melt our faces off while playing ping pong with our unstable, though admittedly impressive, health pool(s).

If you're talking core necro as a whole, its builds with good ranged dps that can keep them from getting close. That's the secret counter to all Necro builds and specs actually. Necro is slow and has bad access to gap closers as well as limited life force generation at range. Even meme builds like Rifle Warr will trump most Necro builds on that basis. So Deadeye and Soulbeast are the most efficient counters. Thankfully Deadeyes are rare. I hope it stays this way. That entire spec needs to stay dead alongside Scourge and Chrono.

If you mean Core Signet Nec specifically then the counter is to not be gold ranked.

Core necro and scourge should lose to everything that is not a bunker itself in a 1v1. The only serious duelling spec for necro is reaper.

Yesterday was the first day I lost to a core necro ... well actually not "a" but two of them. It was a 1v2 against 2 condi bunker core necros and they needed a minute to kill me (I was on full zerk gear). I could have ran away comfortably even after the fight already lasted 30s (because their pressure was incredibly low), but I wanted to see how far I can get in this encounter.

@Trevor Boyer.6524 said:Full DPS Berserker/Eagle Longbow Soulbeast is definitely still a hard counter to any Necromancer build

One Wolf Pack > Quick Zephyr > Sic Em > Barrage > Rapid Fire

If it's somehow still alive, follow up with Maul > Hilt Bash > Maul > WI = Dead Necromancer

It still deals a lot more damage than a Core Necro can sustain if he doesn't have cross pressure from his team being applied to the Soulbeast

Unless there are walls. Then the necromancer hard counters the soulbeast.

The real question is what combination of classes break the game, since by itself core necro is pretty dumb one trick build, but when combined with Firebrand shit hits the fan. We are back to last year situation where we don't have teamfight comp that can beat FB necro, before it was support FB Scourge, now it is tanky symbolbrand and core condi necro. Core necro on itself scales with itself so having 2 of the same is good, same issue as FB having 2 is better. Necro also enables other condition classes by having allot of cover cc conditions, by itself it does not deal that much damage, but in combinations it overloads everything.So we kinda need more options for teamfight classes.

@Vancho.8750 said:The real question is what combination of classes break the game, since by itself core necro is pretty dumb one trick build, but when combined with Firebrand kitten hits the fan. We are back to last year situation where we don't have teamfight comp that can beat FB necro, before it was support FB Scourge, now it is tanky symbolbrand and core condi necro. Core necro on itself scales with itself so having 2 of the same is good, same issue as FB having 2 is better. Necro also enables other condition classes by having allot of cover cc conditions, by itself it does not deal that much damage, but in combinations it overloads everything.So we kinda need more options for teamfight classes.

what we need is power mirage to be good so it can shut down fb/necro but alas it is how it is :D