prophet shard rewards in repeat strike missions

I'm trying to work out how many prophet crystals to expect per repeat strike mission but I seem to be randomly getting 1-3. I've been repeatedly farming the Voice/Claw of the Fallen strike mission for the most part, we usually complete it within the 2 bonus chest time. Is it random or deterministic?

It's random. I farmed Forging Steel exclusively, tested out various things, and saw no pattern in the shards awarded.

If you're trying to farm shards for the armor, I found that Forging Steel resulted in more shards overall for the time spent. You get between 6-11 per run and should average 30-35 min so long as it's explained beforehand to use the tank to break the CC bar. The optimal way to damage the boss is with the tank using your 5 bombs with the #2 skill and then spamming the auto attack. If everyone has ammo and does this, you'll easily knock off over half the boss' life with the first burn.

Hello,

• Shards are random : 1 to 3 per strike mission (Forging Steel gives more but is way longer),

• There aren't diminushing return on shard from Strike mission (did 7+ hours a day of strike mission farm and haven't noticed any diminushing nor in shard/gold/karma/exp).

• Tbh, the best farm is full epi necro on Kodan, you can clear the instance in 50/60s per run but its hard to find a good party without too much leavers, and being fast to get in/get out.