Dodge or Die

Aza.2105

The title pretty much explains the current state of the game. You either dodge or you get one shot by something or someone. I see a lot of players defending the idea that you can die in one hit if you don't dodge. But here is the thing, even in pve content AI doesn't work that way. One shot abilities are usually easy to see, read and avoid. Long cast times, enrage timers, giant blobs on the floor.

GW2 pvp is like....fighting 5 raid bosses at once. You dodge one, but the other four can one shot or near instantly kill you coming from stealth, 1500 range, instant conditions etc etc. I'm a build crafter so I spend a lot of time trying different things out. Even with the most defensive build, toughness amulet, runes, protection, renegade grand master trait that reduces condition damage by 33%, rite of the great dwarf and the retribution line for reducing damage. You still die near instantly. This shows how damage is absolutely out of control. Defense does not matter at all. The only thing that matters in terms of defense is regen that can't be stripped i.e warrior regen, block spam and invul skills.

The game was so much better before they changed conditions and when you could only have two trait trees instead of three. In all honestly I feel that the devs will do very little to fix anything with spvp. Since its not the money maker. Look how fast they nerfed firebrand. Why? Because it affected pve. That is the only reason. And that shows that is where their priorities are. Expect the upcoming balance patch to do very little for pvp and then wait another six months for them to maybe change something. This has been the pattern for a long time. Just expect the worse when it comes to balance, so you won't be disappointed when it hits.

@xDudisx.5914 said:Power creep combined with the lack of defensive amulets on spvp. Bring back old celestial.

I miss the amulet that had like 900 condition damage 900 healing power and 1200 toughness. It made playing sustain condi possible instead of the spammed burst condi we have now.

@Hiki.9310 said:

@xDudisx.5914 said:Power creep combined with the lack of defensive amulets on spvp. Bring back old celestial.

I miss the amulet that had like 900 condition damage 900 healing power and 1200 toughness. It made playing sustain condi possible instead of the spammed burst condi we have now.

I was playing in one game before gw2 with much worse balance...but not worse as we now have with scrouges and event condi builds wasnt that overpowered because every condi damage was affected also by armor and by other defensive things like against simple power builds

After a long time trying different builds for my Elly, I found a solution:Play GW2 PvP in a window, play a YouTube vid in a second window and alt-tab between them for the respawn time after being oneshotted once again.And I switched to unranked stronghold only to have a bit more hybrid gameplay between PvE and PvP style. Here I still manage to win the majority of the games, but some of them I just keep getting slaughtered.

Archived