Need advice/help from Guild Wars 1 players on obtaining the Black Moa.

Hello,

I purchased Guild Wars 1 with the sole purpose of obtaining the black moa on my Ranger in GW2, however I didn't realize how difficult it was to do the story and after putting the game down for awhile (rage quit from constantly wiping), I've recently returned only to realize I'm completely lost on what to do next and where I was. I was wondering if someone experienced can search up my character on the hall of monuments page (character name: Strider Falchion) and offer some advice on what the fastest/easiest way would be to obtain my remaining points (currently 8/15).

I've always wanted this pet from the moment I laid eyes on it back at the release of GW2. Please help my dream come true!

Cheers,

Strider

I've just checked your Hall of Monuments page. All of your points come from Devotion (apart from the 3 for linking accounts). Does that mean that's the only monument you have unlocked? If so, you're going to need to unlock the others, which will involve completing missions in Eye of the North. There are three questlines (The Knowledgeable Asura, The Missing Vanguard, Northern Allies) that reward monumental tapestries that can be used to unlock the monuments. The Honor monument unlocks automatically, but you need titles for it, which usually take a reasonable amount (and in some cases, an unreasonable amount) of time and effort to get.

Which campaigns do you have, and how much progress do you have in each? Without knowing that, it's difficult to know what to suggest you do. My guess is that your next easiest three points will come from unlocking Fellowship and adding Mox and a rare pet.

@"Holy Vengeful.3615" said:https://wiki.guildwars.com/wiki/The_Beak_of_Darkness This is all you need to complete and then charm one after.

That's for the Black Moa in GW1, they want to unlock it in GW2. Of course, this is the easiest way of getting a rare pet for the Fellowship monument.

@Tommo Chocolate.5870 said:I've just checked your Hall of Monuments page. All of your points come from Devotion (apart from the 3 for linking accounts). Does that mean that's the only monument you have unlocked? If so, you're going to need to unlock the others, which will involve completing missions in Eye of the North. There are three questlines (The Knowledgeable Asura, The Missing Vanguard, Northern Allies) that reward monumental tapestries that can be used to unlock the monuments. The Honor monument unlocks automatically, but you need titles for it, which usually take a reasonable amount (and in some cases, an unreasonable amount) of time and effort to get.

Which campaigns do you have, and how much progress do you have in each? Without knowing that, it's difficult to know what to suggest you do. My guess is that your next easiest three points will come from unlocking Fellowship and adding Mox and a rare pet.

@"Holy Vengeful.3615" said:
This is all you need to complete and then charm one after.

That's for the Black Moa in GW1, they want to unlock it in GW2. Of course, this is the easiest way of getting a rare pet for the Fellowship monument.

Thank you so much for checking, I believe I have eye of the north and nightfall. I bought a bundle pack so there might be another one on that list. I recently had a person message me in game and said that they have materials for some sort of armor that they could give me if I was interested, I think they said vabbian? The quest you mentioned about the knowledgable asura is one that's on my option list for quests I'm working on - I rage quit around this part a few months back when you run through the Norn area, with a cave passage to the next area.. I kept dying trying to get through, the monsters are around level 28 there but my wiest is pointing me that way.

I won't however be able to check until this weekend when I'm off work. Currently typing from work right now on my phone. Also if it matters I'm currently level 14 and have a ranger with a Melandru stalker pet which I was also told you can put in the hall of monuments bit haven't figured out how yet.

@Strider.7849 said:

@Tommo Chocolate.5870 said:I've just checked your Hall of Monuments page. All of your points come from Devotion (apart from the 3 for linking accounts). Does that mean that's the only monument you have unlocked? If so, you're going to need to unlock the others, which will involve completing missions in Eye of the North. There are three questlines (The Knowledgeable Asura, The Missing Vanguard, Northern Allies) that reward monumental tapestries that can be used to unlock the monuments. The Honor monument unlocks automatically, but you need titles for it, which usually take a reasonable amount (and in some cases, an unreasonable amount) of time and effort to get.

Thank you so much for checking, I believe I have eye of the north and nightfall. I bought a bundle pack so there might be another one on that list. I recently had a person message me in game and said that they have materials for some sort of armor that they could give me if I was interested, I think they said vabbian? The quest you mentioned about the knowledgable asura is one that's on my option list for quests I'm working on - I rage quit around this part a few months back when you run through the Norn area, with a cave passage to the next area.. I kept dying trying to get through, the monsters are around level 28 there but my wiest is pointing me that way.

I won't however be able to check until this weekend when I'm off work. Currently typing from work right now on my phone. Also if it matters I'm currently level 14 and have a ranger with a Melandru stalker pet which I was also told you can put in the hall of monuments bit haven't figured out how yet.

Thanks. Ok, given that you are level 14, you should focus on Nightfall first. Eye of the North is max-level (i.e. level 20) content that was intended for players who had already finished at least one of the other campaigns. Even though it scales you up to level 20, you won't yet have many skills unlocked, which will make it difficult.

The Hall of Monuments was designed to reward veteran GW1 players, so there's not really an "easy" way of doing this, and you will need to be somewhat proficient at the game. But in any case, here is the "easiest" way I can see to get up to 15 points: (Note: whenever I say "play through", you will probably need to complete secondary quests for experience and unlock skills for you and your heroes as you go - it will be much harder if you just try to rush through it.)

• If you haven't already, unlock M.O.X. in the Plains of Jarin.
  • Play through the Nightfall storyline, following primary quests and completing missions, until you've completed The Great Escape.
  • Talk to Dockmaster Ahlaro in Kamadan to travel to Dajkah inlet. Play this mission (see the wiki page for instructions and a link to a video guide) until you have three Stolen Sunspear Armors, which you can use to buy armour for your heroes from the hero armourer in the mission outpost. (You don't have to do this straight away, so you can intersperse playing this mission with other things.)
  • Keep playing through the Nightfall storyline until you get to the Kodash Bazaar. Here you can buy Vabbian armour.
  • At this point, you should be level 20 with some reasonable heroes, and a wider range of skills unlocked. Now go back to Eye of the North and complete two of three questlines that award Monumental Tapestries. I think The Knowledgeable Asura is actually the hardest of the three, and would recommend the other two. Northern Allies is probably the easiest.
  • Use the tapestries to unlock the Fellowship and Resilience monuments. To Fellowship, add M.O.X., your pet, and the three heroes whose armour you upgraded; this will award you 4 points. To Resilience, add your Vabbian armour, which will award you 2 points.

You will still need 1 more point, even after all that. You could get this either by:

• Completing the Nightfall campaign, which allows you to add the Eternal Hero of Elona statue to the Honor monument;
  • If you have Factions, taming the Black Moa (see the link @Holy Vengeful.3615 posted);
  • If you can acquire more minipets (e.g. from other players), you can get up to 3 more points from those. This might allow you to skip some of what I said above (e.g. getting the Vabbian armour).

This seems like a lot for someone who isn't really that familiar with the game. If anyone has any suggestions of an easier way to get to 15 points, I'd like to hear them!

@Tommo Chocolate.5870 said:

Thanks. Ok, given that you are level 14, you should focus on Nightfall first. Eye of the North is max-level (i.e. level 20) content that was intended for players who had already finished at least one of the other campaigns. Even though it
, you won't yet have many skills unlocked, which will make it difficult.

The Hall of Monuments was designed to reward veteran GW1 players, so there's not really an "easy" way of doing this, and you will need to be somewhat proficient at the game. But in any case, here is the "easiest" way I can see to get up to 15 points: (Note: whenever I say "play through", you will probably need to complete secondary quests for experience and unlock skills for you and your heroes as you go - it will be much harder if you just try to rush through it.)
  • If you haven't already, unlock
    in the Plains of Jarin.
  • Play through the Nightfall storyline, following primary quests and completing missions, until you've completed
  • Talk to
    in Kamadan to travel to Dajkah inlet. Play this mission (see
    for instructions and a link to a video guide) until you have three Stolen Sunspear Armors, which you can use to buy armour for your heroes from the hero armourer in the mission outpost. (You don't have to do this straight away, so you can intersperse playing this mission with other things.)
  • Keep playing through the Nightfall storyline until you get to
    . Here you can buy Vabbian armour.
  • At this point, you should be level 20 with some reasonable heroes, and a wider range of skills unlocked. Now go back to Eye of the North and complete two of three questlines that award Monumental Tapestries. I think The Knowledgeable Asura is actually the hardest of the three, and would recommend the other two. Northern Allies is probably the easiest.
  • Use the tapestries to unlock the Fellowship and Resilience monuments. To Fellowship, add M.O.X., your pet, and the three heroes whose armour you upgraded; this will award you 4 points. To Resilience, add your Vabbian armour, which will award you 2 points.

You will still need 1 more point, even after all that. You could get this either by:
  • Completing the Nightfall campaign, which allows you to add the Eternal Hero of Elona statue to the Honor monument;
  • If you have Factions, taming the Black Moa (see the link @Holy Vengeful.3615 posted);
  • If you can acquire more minipets (e.g. from other players), you can get up to 3 more points from those. This might allow you to skip some of what I said above (e.g. getting the Vabbian armour).

This seems like a lot for someone who isn't really that familiar with the game. If anyone has any suggestions of an easier way to get to 15 points, I'd like to hear them!

Thank you so much, this is exactly the type of help I was looking for and laying it out like that step by step on what would work best will help me achieve this. This answers everything I was looking for. Cheers