Forum History?

Leamas.5803

https://www.guildwars2.com/en/news/welcome-to-the-new-guild-wars-2-forums/

Retaining Content

While we have ported over some of our important sticky threads, we won’t be migrating normal content from the old forum’s database into the new one. If you have created a thread—for instance, a guide, a guild recruitment notice, a continuing fan-art or fan-fiction series—please feel free to re-create that content on the new forums in the proper subcommunity/subforum. (The configuration for both forums will remain essentially the same.) If you think another forum member should move content that they have written over to the new forum, please post in their thread to encourage them to do so.

Also if you have anything from the old forum you want to keep for reference you might want to copy and paste it into a text file. The old forum is going vanish at some point.

Some of the forum content may be present at the Internet ArchiveMost threads are not saved (yet). If the threads you want to save are not yet saved, you can browse to it via the archive and select to save now. (As long as the old forums are online) You will need to do this manually for every page of every thread you want to save.

I would prefer if the old content was ported over, for historical purposes. But I can understand

why they did not.

Very informative thread. Thanks so much to OP for asking and the responses given. I was just wondering this same thing.

Foolishly enough, I have always just gone to the forums using the link at the top of the main website. I have never bookmarked the forums themselves so I'm wondering if someone could please post a link in this thread to the old forums so that I might also save some posts that I refer to.

I'm really liking the new forum layout but I don't see why they wouldn't keep things like the release notes on this one.

Archived