Looking at ranged auto attack damage including kits, something seems to stand out.

Crab Fear.1624

This comparison is biased.You include skills in there which are condition focused, yet don't include the damage they are applying with this condition over it's full duration.Other parameters are also missing, like travel time over the full distance, if the skill is targeted or a skillshot, etc.

@Kodama.6453 said:This comparison is biased.You include skills in there which are condition focused, yet don't include the damage they are applying with this condition over it's full duration.Other parameters are also missing, like travel time over the full distance, if the skill is targeted or a skillshot, etc.

no, its not. the d/t is negligible in this game, and def over the parameters we are allowed.

also, i included all the ranged skills. most are power focused.

i did forget axe, and greatsword autos, but they are still less effective

I don't think that d/t is negligible. You are comparing the damage potential of the weapons here. Conditions are contributing to this damage potential, so this should be included.

Also there are other things to consider:

• mortar kit is an elite skill, you have to invest your elite skill slot to get access to it
  • the rest of mortar kit's abilities are entirely utility focused by getting different combo fields, I think having the auto attack actually deal good damage is fair considering that the other 4 skills provide no damage on their own

But if you really want to nerf mortar kit's damage, then let it shine in it's utility role and finally fix the auto attack that is bugged ever since it got reworked. The auto attacks are supposed to apply projectile finishers on every of the 5 targets hit when you hit with it's AoE. But it doesn't. This way we can, for example, apply another stack of poison on every target with the auto attack through a poison combo field and so on.

Additionally, change elixir x so that it becomes an actual elite skill. It shouldn't give 1 of 2 different transformation skills of other classes. Rework it that it gives a new unique transformation for the engineer. Let the engineer transform into a big ooze and give it a new skillset.