Is balancing patch coming anytime soon?

Horan.7013

I heard that PvP season is coming to an end pretty soon and Anet usually does balance patch after that.I hope the patch comes soon and Holosmith will see some good changes.So far my impression on the Holosmith is that it is glassy and also has weak sustain DPS and low burst capability.

Does Dev check on this forum or GW2 subreddit forum? Do they check on GW2 related websites such as metabuild or quanTify?Just by checking them, anybody can see that there are some major problems with some classes and their builds.

For example, just by checking the quanTify website and read the Holosmith description, people can see that this is very weak class in PvE (Raid).

Power HolosmithPath of Fire added the new Holosmith Elite Spec which is a DPS increase over the Tools trait line, however it still falls behind most other DPS builds and has quite low burst.

What? Holosmith is supposedly the selfish DPS only glass cannon class with high risk/high reward mechanic. Falls behind most other DPS builds and has quite low burst?!? Seriously?Shouldn't Holosmith be the top DPS builds with significantly high burst capability? It fits the description of the class and its mechanic.

Holosmith has bonus ability in Sword, and sword only, and it is a very pathetic weapon with some major issues. That is why so many Holosmiths are running around with a UNbonused weapon, RIFLE instead.
And I hate using bomb kit just to maximize the DPS. I hate using toolkits, I hate base engi. I made Holosmith hoping that it is straightforward tool-less power engi with the awesome thematic design. Holosmith is just a power engineer in its core with FORGE mode thrown into its rotation. On top of that, now Holosmith has to baby the heat mechanic and has 6 sec lockout from the toolkits. Where is the high reward for this high risk?

I fear that Anet will simply nerf the rifle, and bomb kit and call it a balance patch. Please don't do that. :(Listen to the community. Check the forum, Reddit, meta build, QT, etc. See for yourself, Anet.

Although indeed i do agree that the Holosmith photonforge need some small buffing (and that sword is pretty weak) the DPS situation that QT presents is not that grave. Do not take what QT say always a bible. Other guilds have already rotations that are better than the QT one. You cannot study every class with the same quality (its impossible in terms of work) so some things they will miss. When it comes to sustained DPS and burst it is definitely weaker than DH power builds but the damage it can bring on actual boss encounters can be really good if the players know what do to. I have encountered holosmiths in raids squads that in terms of DPS come only second to Scourge (which are actually broken in terms of DPS). Just because it is not the best it does not mean bad. Especially if you add to that the fact that the difficulty of the rotation is definitely less than the condi engi.

As for the kits...well a kitless engi cannot be done with this elite. If you buff the holo enough to be viable without kits then someone using kits as well will be insanely powerful.

What would work in that extend would be a new kitless elite in the same vain as the petless ranger. A new elite that if you use it you cannot actually use kits for example.

@Turin.6921 said:As for the kits...well a kitless engi cannot be done with this elite. If you buff the holo enough to be viable without kits then someone using kits as well will be insanely powerful.

This goes back to a fundamental problem in core engineer design, one which has been overlooked by the balance devs for a very long time, but keeps getting aggravated with each new spec. Our main weapons are garbage compared to all other classes (only halfway decent one was scrapper hammer). Kits are our only saving grace when it comes to damage. That means it's virtually impossible to avoid using kits because our regular weapons are trash. If they would spend some time making our main weapons good and our kits more situational, a kitless engi would be much more viable.

Their design made sense back in 2012 when elite specs weren't on the horizon -- turrets were powerful, kits were powerful, and clever use of elixirs was powerful back then. But turrets have been nerfed, elixirs have fallen by the wayside with power creep, and kits are now necessary to maintain decent damage. The whole class needs retooling to meet power creep, or to futureproof against it.

Buff sword, revert trait nerfs in pre-PoF balance pass (at very least make Tools give 10% at full endurance again, then static discharge build will be closer to competitive), and adjust the Holosmith traits a smidgen. Won't happen, but I can hope for the best, as this is the last straw before I free up 34GB (or Deadeye / Reaper buffs).

If you been playing guild wars for a few years - you'll know that anet rarely gives " good needed" buffs to engineer and buffs something stupid like a rocket boot kick buff.

On top of that anet always gives nerfs in addition to buffs. So for example if they buff something on engineer they give engineer 2 nerfs. Its always been a masochist balancing with engineer for years.

I know the engineer class has fresh blood ( new players and theory crafters ) but trust me ...this class will only bring you pain.

Anets rebalancing engineer in the years has always been punishing and unfair.

@Anthony.7630 said:If you been playing guild wars for a few years - you'll know that anet rarely gives " good needed" buffs to engineer and buffs something stupid like a rocket boot kick buff.

On top of that anet always gives nerfs in addition to buffs. So for example if they buff something on engineer they give engineer 2 nerfs. Its always been a masochist balancing with engineer for years.

I know the engineer class has fresh blood ( new players and theory crafters ) but trust me ...this class will only bring you pain.

This 'unfairness' applies to every class.

If we count the entire life of the game, Rangers and Necromancers have definitely suffered more than other classes.

@lorddarkflare.9186 said:

@Anthony.7630 said:If you been playing guild wars for a few years - you'll know that anet rarely gives " good needed" buffs to engineer and buffs something stupid like a rocket boot kick buff.

This 'unfairness' applies to every class.

If we count the entire life of the game, Rangers and Necromancers have definitely suffered more than other classes.

I disagree.

Ranger and necro are some of the simplest classes in the game. When either class gets a buff, they are actually being buffed.

We, by design, have one of the most complicated classes in the game. Very frequently the "balance team" gives us a "buff" only for it to turn out to actually be a ninja nerf, on top of whatever nerfs they throw our way. More often than not, ANet double dips in their engineer nerfs.

@Vagrant.7206 said:We, by design, have one of the most complicated classes in the game. Very frequently the "balance team" gives us a "buff" only for it to turn out to actually be a ninja nerf, on top of whatever nerfs they throw our way. More often than not, ANet double dips in their engineer nerfs.

Never forget healing turret change or the removal of knockback on detonate...

Personally I'd love to see Holoforge mode be considered a Kit so it could take advantage of a bunch of the other kit traits. Would be neat because then there'd be more incentive to be in the forge beyond "you do more damage" or the various smaller things the specific elite spec trait line offers. Granted, for power budget reasons I dunno if they'd be able to allow it to also be considered a toolkit ability as it is now. I dunno tho. Either way, looking forward to scourge nerfs in pvp.

Archived