Condi issue

Ithilwen.1529

In the Dulfy AMA summary, the devs state that they want condition damage to "ramp up." Well and good.. but there's a problem. Cleanses, both active and passive are abundant. If ANET forces condition damage to be spread over time, it will not perform well at all, since it will be cleansed before it inflicts damage.

This will sideline many Mesmer builds and hurt most of the classes. Conditions will do far less than the stated damage because of the early cleanse.

@roamzero.9486 said:Anet was probably talking about PVE. In PVP you pretty much need to condi spike at the right time to get anywhere. That said, Mirages/Scourges having an almost 100% uptime on condi burst available to them is something that needs to be looked at.

Maybe I am biased but I find condi mirage fine and at a good place right now.

The spec has high burst. But every burst is well telegraphed and requires mirage player to be in melee range of the target.

Maybe 3 stacks of confusion on jaunt is a bit high but other than that I don't see any condi burst from mirage is hard to avoid.

@Exciton.8942 said:

@roamzero.9486 said:Anet was probably talking about PVE. In PVP you pretty much need to condi spike at the right time to get anywhere. That said, Mirages/Scourges having an almost 100% uptime on condi burst available to them is something that needs to be looked at.

The spec has high burst. But every burst is well telegraphed and requires mirage player to be in melee range of the target.

Maybe 3 stacks of confusion on jaunt is a bit high but other than that I don't see any condi burst from mirage is hard to avoid.

Mirage is really good against single target setups, really bad against loads of AoE damage. I'm not really sure whether it works out to be balanced, since I mostly play engineer (and therefore have no real trouble with them), so your mileage may vary.

@Unholy Pillager.3791 said:

@Exciton.8942 said:

Mirage is really good against single target setups, really bad against loads of AoE damage. I'm not really sure whether it works out to be balanced, since I mostly play engineer (and therefore have no real trouble with them), so your mileage may vary.

This is true for almost all mesmer builds. Mesmer hates classes with tons of cleave damage because clones simply die too quickly before you can even shatter them.

Chrono suffers a bit less because it relies more on phantasms which can survive a bit longer.

@Exciton.8942 said:

@Exciton.8942 said:

This is true for almost all mesmer builds. Mesmer hates classes with tons of cleave damage because clones simply die too quickly before you can even shatter them.

Chrono suffers a bit less because it relies more on phantasms which can survive a bit longer.

I know. Although against really heavy condi application, chrono still needs all the illusions it can get to keep condi clear going, which makes it rather weak against scourge. Which is a pity, because I really enjoy chronomancer.

Archived