Raid community behavior for pugs

nagr.1593

is just the reason why it take 20min or more in morning to form a group for one easy raid boss.. newcomers and beginers are being driven away. i wait ~10min after posting to have just one guy show up and maybe leave later. community is killing raid popularity which also hurt them in a sense

as someone with more then 1 stack of Li. let me share personal stories of how pug attitude being. pointless personal tiffs or someone in random pug, prevent you from ever raiding with them ever again. thes people always tag up time and time again, preventing you from joining their groups.. they also poison their minds and attitudes of their underlings, shaming you with hurtful and biased opinions of you.

-One guy was in regular Matt group with me, had a nasty attitude and kept whining about his sub's constant lack of might (from other war). I being a nice guy offered to join his sub. he had full might whole time, finally we kill boss with no one died but he kept blaming me for running into others with bomb. Not like it was intentional, i was avoiding mechanics too like tornadoes etc. and somtimes it threw me into others. however he would not let it go, kept blaming me with a nasty attitude despite him always having full might whole fight. he ragequit after we kill boss and two days later, he insta-kick me from a random pug for MO/sam since he had tag. He rage whispered me and block so i could not respond. Good community that holds pointless grudges that bars you from raiding with 8 other (hopefully decent) people.

-Another guy with tag who for the life of me i can't remember where i pugged with him, insta kicks me from a Deimos cm group and gives a reason, saying he 'remembers my name vaguely but if he remembers someone its probably because that person is bad'. This explanation was as specific as it could get -- even he admitted he didn't know where he knew me from. No reason other than he didn't like me or trust me, without giving me a single chance to prove him wrong. I told him i have abt 400 li and 100cm title so if he says i'm bad then i have to be, right? He just said sorry bud as a half-hearted apology, but clearly he didn't really mean it.

The same old community i know for a long while, but the hostility is coming to riduculous lengths now. The latter group I learned failed at Cm after 2 hrs because their hand kiter kept dying or somesuch, so once he left I joined and then we disband after we still couldnt get it. The kicks, as in these cases, still baffles me bc of how churlish and riduculous they are. i just can't believe there are people that insta kick you bc of these vague and pointless reasons. and if they do that then chances are they are also driving away newcomers for some reasons, bc they make unrealistic demands of thm and get angry at slightest compromise of them.

Randomly formed communities will never have an entirely amicable membership. Communities who do are selective about who joins. While PuG groups try to be selective about membership, they are selecting for indicators of competence in online content, not sociability. The only way to come close to 100% assurance of amicable raid group is to join or form a more-tightly-knit social group, e.g, a guild. If you want the good that comes with PuG's (the convenience of logging on, joining, and playing), you have to take the bad (you're grouping with random people on the internet, so you don't know what you're getting).

This game has a few awesome people but the general endgame community is the most toxic I've ever seen in 12 years of playing MMOs, and this is not hyperbole. This isn't the people themselves, it's more Anet supporting systems and designing the entire social experience around things that promote toxicity such as the infamously bad LFG.

MMO's aren't a new thing and toxicity has many devices created over the years to put a cap on it

The issue is Anet has done none of it we lack tutorials, split difficulty, and even dungeons aren't a ladder to raids because their still stuck with a Zerk meta while raids actually incorporate trinity elements.

It's great some guild and players have stepped up to train people and its also great some people have taken to market the next expansion themselves however this is the job of the developer and the community. Pushing tasks on the community instead of built in options is where this games toxicity rests. For a casual/new raider in another game can simply join a LFR and pug easy mode with like minded individuals after getting practice in dungeons and experiencing all the tutorials the game has to offer. In Gw2 though its a back alley and you have to window shop the black market for a guide to train you while hoping their actually a decent human being.

I play this game since second BWE and I learned one thing - do group contnent ONLY with organized group/friends. Never with random people.For me GW 2 is a game, a place to relax and having fun after day at work for example. There are people who think it's a second job or something like that and you have to dedicate your life to it - that's what I think about PUG groups.If somebody is toxic towards you without any reason - block immidiately, don't even try to argue.

@VanHalenRules.5243 said:Well this confirms exactly what I've thought about raids for the almost 2 years I've been playing this game, which is why I stay FAR away from that content. Why can't people just play the game for fun, and not just to win?

"fun" and "win" are the same in raids, which can be stressful for some people. They may not be up your alley, but I assure you I have a ton of fun in them and I'm not some toxic jerk ruining the game for anyone else :)

Its probably why raids have low participation rates in gw2 in this regard and will never be top dog to compete with any other MMo. It is not pug friendlyWhen you groups of 7 carrying 3 for gold , you know its not tightly tuned and therefore its not the raid itself thats the problem

@nagr.1593 said:

-One guy was in regular Matt group with me, had a nasty attitude and kept whining about his sub's constant lack of might (from other war). I being a nice guy offered to join his sub. he had full might whole time, finally we kill boss with no one died but he kept blaming me for running into others with bomb. Not like it was intentional, i was avoiding mechanics too like tornadoes etc. and somtimes it threw me into others. however he would not let it go, kept blaming me with a nasty attitude despite him always having full might whole fight. he ragequit after we kill boss and two days later, he insta-kick me from a random pug for MO/sam since he had tag. He rage whispered me and block so i could not respond. Good community that holds pointless grudges that bars you from raiding with 8 other (hopefully decent) people.

I wasn't there, obviously the guys was mad about something, who knows what the dialoge between you was. I have to say though, might is far less important in that fight than evading damage and not pressuring your raid. If you did take a more than usual amaount of damage and failed mechanics in that fight while pressuring your raid with unnecessary damage the correct response would have been to apologise at the end. Every one can have a bad day.

@nagr.1593 said:

-Another guy with tag who for the life of me i can't remember where i pugged with him, insta kicks me from a Deimos cm group and gives a reason, saying he 'remembers my name vaguely but if he remembers someone its probably because that person is bad'. This explanation was as specific as it could get -- even he admitted he didn't know where he knew me from. No reason other than he didn't like me or trust me, without giving me a single chance to prove him wrong. I told him i have abt 400 li and 100cm title so if he says i'm bad then i have to be, right? He just said sorry bud as a half-hearted apology, but clearly he didn't really mean it.

He might have had you on his blocklist without putting down why. I have a few people on my blocklist and I will certainly not play with them again no matter the reason. Lesson to be learned: don't trigger people so they block you or remember your name in a negative way.

@nagr.1593 said:

The same old community i know for a long while, but the hostility is coming to riduculous lengths now. The latter group I learned failed at Cm after 2 hrs because their hand kiter kept dying or somesuch, so once he left I joined and then we disband after we still couldnt get it. The kicks, as in these cases, still baffles me bc of how churlish and riduculous they are. i just can't believe there are people that insta kick you bc of these vague and pointless reasons. and if they do that then chances are they are also driving away newcomers for some reasons, bc they make unrealistic demands of thm and get angry at slightest compromise of them.

I doubt newcomers are on many peoples blocklist. There are other issues at play for newcomers but as long as one stays polite I doubt many people will run into these issues.

@Cynn.1659 said:Here we go agian, hello once agian. For people that don't know what's this all about, enjoy.https://forum-en.guildwars2.com/forum/game/dungeons/Pls-don-t-perma-block-in-Raid-Pugs

Wow, talk about people not learning from past mistakes. Yet TC continues onward straight from where he left off. With the new forums one might have taken the chance of laying low and let people forget... Oh well I stand by what I said earlier in this thread: don't trigger people so they block you or remember your name in a negative way.

(Edited to follow the rules)

Don't let these bad stories keep you from trying raids. You will find that for every asshole commander there is a very helpful and overly nice commander who does way more than they needed to. And for each of those two extremes there are at least a few hundred normal players who sometimes have bad days or do not always feel like carrying those who do not fulfill the requirements. While they are still nice enough and do not mind giving a hand if you ask for it most of the time.

People in this game are generally nice and that also applies to the raiding community. Don't let the bad stories hold you back from trying them for yourself. People tend to talk about the negative side of things far more often and in length than they do about the positives. There are a few individuals who are especially good at that but I will not single anyone out again.

Archived