Don't nerf anyone, just give me a little buff

Crab Fear.1624

@anduriell.6280 said:

my name is warrior, thief, and mesmer.That is power creep!! It can't be done we need to nerf a little bit more. We have some pets outliers which need some nerf smacking

i'm sorry you have moved on from these classes, but the choice is to nerf 6 or buff 3

(and there are ZERO justifiable nerfs to thief, mesmer, or war at this time)...in case you want to be wise cracker

@Crab Fear.1624 said:

my name is warrior, thief, and mesmer.That is power creep!! It can't be done we need to nerf a little bit more. We have some pets outliers which need some nerf smacking

i'm sorry you have moved on from these classes, but the choice is to nerf 6 or buff 3

(and there are ZERO justifiable nerfs to thief, mesmer, or war at this time)...in case you want to be wise cracker

Actually no, firebrand needs to be nerfed.

Firebrand carries bad players because it is really op, so nerf firebrand, and burning guard.

@Axl.8924 said:Actually no, firebrand needs to be nerfed.Firebrand carries bad players because it is really op, so nerf firebrand, and burning guard.Actually what would you suggest to balance firebrand? Genuinely interested, i don't have any investment in that class. It's just i can't think in a way to balance the class without destroying the firebrand support build.

@anduriell.6280 said:

@Axl.8924 said:Actually no, firebrand needs to be nerfed.Firebrand carries bad players because it is really op, so nerf firebrand, and burning guard.Actually what would you suggest to balance firebrand? Genuinely interested, i don't have any investment in that class. It's just i can't think in a way to balance the class without destroying the firebrand support build.

The number of buffs it can give. It outclasses every support class can heal give op buffs all in one making all other supports obsolete compared. It can literally turn a class that's already very strong into a force that's unbeatable due to what support it brings. I'm going by what i heard since i haven't got a firebrand never played it, and from what I see, which is firebrand dominating support.

Some things need nerfed rather than having buffs.

@frareanselm.1925 said:

@"Tharan.9085" said:Thief and mes are actually fine, war is a tad bad

If "mes are fine" why nobobody uses mirage again? Since the big nerf I've never seen one in pvp wvw. Never.

Even mesmer and thief mains are saying that if they could play something else at the same level they would. Having said that if sustain nerfs come in to the over performers then all the classes will be in a strong position.

Also everyone seems to think these classes don't have aspects that are too strong or will be too strong soon. Mesmer and War both have a lot of CC on too low a cool down/without investment and thief portal is borderline game breaking without mentioning insane stealth uptime still. Mesmer also still has mantra of pain being insane and there's a lot more that is simply all over the place, broken but kept in balance by the relative weakness of everything else making it more of a mess-mer class.

Still those are tomorrow's problems not today's.

@Tayga.3192 said:

@"apharma.3741" said:Mesmer also still has mantra of pain being insane

I think MoP should get reworked into a boon removal. Like, 5s mantra CD, 15s ammo-reload CD, remove 2 boons (prioritizes cheap boons like aegis, regeneration, swiftness first) or something.

https://en-forum.guildwars2.com/discussion/63733/mantra-of-pain had a similar idea almost 18 months ago.

@anduriell.6280 said:

I had an idea to remove one of thier tomes is pvp depending on the spec.You wanna bunker + heal, take those tomes.Wanna heal and damage, but be burstable? go for it.Wanna tank and damage, but not heal or share those juicy boons, cleanses + healing bonuses? go for it.Balance thomes to be close in power to one another and call it a day, FB issue was always having too much things shoved into it

@apharma.3741 said:

If "mes are fine" why nobobody uses mirage again? Since the big nerf I've never seen one in pvp wvw. Never.

Even mesmer and thief mains are saying that if they could play something else at the same level they would. Having said that if sustain nerfs come in to the over performers then all the classes will be in a strong position.

Also everyone seems to think these classes don't have aspects that are too strong or will be too strong soon. Mesmer and War both have a lot of CC on too low a cool down/without investment and thief portal is borderline game breaking without mentioning insane stealth uptime still. Mesmer also still has mantra of pain being insane and there's a lot more that is simply all over the place, broken but kept in balance by the relative weakness of everything else making it more of a mess-mer class.

mantra of pain become hot garbage the moment you no longer can 1shot people.Mantra is enabler, there is nothing to enable so it is not usefull. Vulnerability is something power mirage gets from 1 ambush, there is no reason to use mantra its another dead utility.Power mesmer used to counter FB/necro, yesterday I couldnt get afking necro from the node, my entire GS combo was putting less dent into necro HP then his necro auto did to me, mesmer is burst and combo oriented class, the moment combo and bursts no longer do their role is the moment mesmer becomes hot poo poo.

@Leonidrex.5649 said:

I had an idea to remove one of thier tomes is pvp depending on the spec.You wanna bunker + heal, take those tomes.Wanna heal and damage, but be burstable? go for it.Wanna tank and damage, but not heal or share those juicy boons, cleanses + healing bonuses? go for it.Balance thomes to be close in power to one another and call it a day, FB issue was always having too much things shoved into itEither resource system with the pages, or the tomes share a cooldown so they can't rotate them 6 times like a pve rotation.

@Elmo Benchwarmer.3025 said:No.

Sustain will take a hit in the next patch. Until then, control your breathing, interrupt your thought train and for the sake of all of us, stay away from the forums.

nothing will change as always, they will move from 1 bunker to another, if not necro then weaver, if not weaver then holo, if not holo then rev, if not rev then scrapper, if all those get nerf then DH will bunker on sides, if thats gone then MB FB and we will be running circles around the issue as always, too bad 1 lap takes 1 year to implement

@Leonidrex.5649 said:

mantra of pain become hot garbage the moment you no longer can 1shot people.Mantra is enabler, there is nothing to enable so it is not usefull. Vulnerability is something power mirage gets from 1 ambush, there is no reason to use mantra its another dead utility.Power mesmer used to counter FB/necro, yesterday I couldnt get afking necro from the node, my entire GS combo was putting less dent into necro HP then his necro auto did to me, mesmer is burst and combo oriented class, the moment combo and bursts no longer do their role is the moment mesmer becomes hot poo poo.

Mantra giving 12 stacks of might is not good, you can come up with as many excuses as you want but we both know it's a badly designed mantra and should be changed as mesmer doesn't need more front loaded damage.

@apharma.3741 said:

Mantra giving 12 stacks of might is not good, you can come up with as many excuses as you want but we both know it's a badly designed mantra and should be changed as mesmer doesn't need more front loaded damage.

This, things need to be toned down, before giving any buffs. After toning the few outliers down to acceptable levels then reevaluate if anything needs to be tweaked further either in the way of needs or slight buffs accordingly.

The arms race has to stop.

@anduriell.6280 said:

@"Crab Fear.1624" said:Hi,

Only buff and you get power creep

Only nerf and you get... power creep

Yes, power can creep in both directions. I don't know why this is such a little known fact. We've already seen it happen with Core Necro becoming immortal. Renegade going from trash tier to having nerf posts written about it. We've seen it happen with mortar kit, once a mediocre elite, now the most broken thing according to the forums. "Zero skill, AoE, blind spam, turn your brain off and get free node pressure while still having PF to defend you up close."

We've seen it happen with ranger pets. Previously negligible outside of pets like Rock Gazelle knocking you down. Now people complain that tigers and birds hit too hard.

If you really want to avoid power creep, you have to buff when appropriate and nerf when appropriate.

If the team see's sustain as a issue and significantly nerfs it thief's dps will be fine, yeah its weird high sustain tanks burst as much as the burst class still but atleast thief's burst will be relevant again. If u buff thief's damage plus lower the sustain lvs of classes than thief's damage will be printed for damage nerfs again. It's best to leave thief's damage if sustains brought down than evaluate from there.

@Crab Fear.1624 said:

Condi thief says hi

@apharma.3741 said:

I agree, mantra is stupid and holds back mesmer.Imagine any combo mesmer can do, be it condi or power. Now whatever the damage combo could do one has to ask, how much more would it do with MoP, if its too much with MoP then it has to be brought down, and it doesnt matter that it would be weak without MoP, existance and possibility of adding MoP to the combo means that it has to be brought down anyways, Thief was in the same spot with signet, exp with the bugged damage bonus it had