Which is better overall? — Guild Wars 2 Forums
Home Professions

Which is better overall?

The question has be bugging me lately and it's gotten to the point where I spend most of my ingame time by switching from chrono to weaver and back. I'm focused on open world, fractals and wvw (altough I want to raid at some point). In other games I generally play mages or assassins which really doesn't help in gw2 because I see both elite specs as kind of assassiny mages...
Can you please help a fellow gw2 player make up his mind?

Which is better overall? 15 votes

Power Chrono
40%
BobbyT.7192BadSanta.6527LucianTheAngelic.7054Hitomi Shadowleaf.5629Arcaniaxs.4519ralphches.1746 6 votes
Power Weaver
60%
Buran.3796otto.5684DanAlcedo.3281Fracture.6512montecristo.1324ferbz.6987Psycoprophet.8107Headhunter.4796Armen.1483 9 votes

Comments

• Sobx.1758Sobx.1758 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited April 27, 2020

Both are strong enough performance-wise, so literally whichever you enjoy more. If you keep switching because you like both, then don't pick and play both.

• Mini Crinny.6190Mini Crinny.6190 Member ✭✭✭✭

Don't play Chrono exclusively but from what i experience with Power Weaver in Open world, Power Chrono must be better lol.

Power Weaver is better than Power Chrono in Fractals

Power Chrono i don't think is a thing in WvW in terms of blob v blob but there should be a build for Chrono but I don't think it will be Power, Power Weaver in WvW is a thing however it's damage is only really good if you get a good rng with your Meteor Shower.

As for Raids I think both are as good as each other but pugs would probably be more inclined to take Chrono over Weaver but I think they would take both anyway

• montecristo.1324montecristo.1324 Member ✭✭✭
    Power Weaver

I voted weaver because I really like it mostly. I think weaver can bring a bit more in wvw, and if you are interested in pvp. Also ele in general is more power dps oriented overall compared to mesmer in my opinion.

• otto.5684otto.5684 Member ✭✭✭✭
    Power Weaver

Chrono is better in open world, but weaver is better in everything else.

• Infusion.7149Infusion.7149 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited April 28, 2020

Power chrono is really clunky in PvE and in WvW/PvP basically unusable except for the minor recharge bonus from alacrity. I've seen a weird chrono WvW build with shield and sword focus on vabbi but you're better off with scrapper for melee and ranged (mortar/grenade kit) as well as stealth.
    In fractals, because things die fast (outside of boss fights) and you probably won't have a source of slow condition the edge is to power weaver. Clone generation isn't quick enough unless you're on scepter which is condi.