I really hope there's a balance patch tomorrow

mrauls.6519

Everyone running around on zerker amulet and still being decently tanky. If you want to be tanky you should have to pick an amulet that makes you tanky. Pets do too much damage, mortar kit is overpowered, tornado cd is too low, revenant is too strong on any build you pick, you can literally choose random traits and amulet and be viable, pistol thief got somewhat broken burst aswell.

@Blackjack.5621 said:Everyone running around on zerker amulet and still being decently tanky. If you want to be tanky you should have to pick an amulet that makes you tanky. Pets do too much damage, mortar kit is overpowered, tornado cd is too low, revenant is too strong on any build you pick, you can literally choose random traits and amulet and be viable, pistol thief got somewhat broken burst aswell.

Thanks for not being bias and mentioning tornado. B)

The only reason why I think condi thief could be healthy for the game is that its the only way to debunker or punish teams that want to rotate out of teamfights. Without condi thief you wont be able to have enough pressure to force teams to stay in fights. Everyone could rotate out as they wish and we get a pure roaming meta of 2 rev thief or 3 revs.

condi thief is like the only way to have enough debunkering power to actually score a kill if you do not have 3 highly mobile dps classes

@Drennon.7190 said:

@Blackjack.5621 said:Everyone running around on zerker amulet and still being decently tanky. If you want to be tanky you should have to pick an amulet that makes you tanky. Pets do too much damage, mortar kit is overpowered, tornado cd is too low, revenant is too strong on any build you pick, you can literally choose random traits and amulet and be viable, pistol thief got somewhat broken burst aswell.

Thanks for not being bias and mentioning tornado. B)

If they increase the CD of tornado, then they'll have to decrease the CD of Fiery Great-sword... by a lot.

@"mrauls.6519" said:I'm not looking for any specific buffs or nerfs. I just want to know that anet is still trying to establish balance in PvP. It's been a hot minute since we've seen anything..

I'd say that now is about the time to start hounding them and being exceptionally loud again. They said that there would be a 4 to 6 week cadence between patches. Now with everything going on in the world I understand delay and them working from home, that is all understandable and I'd say giving them another 1 or 2 weeks beyond the initial 4 to 6 weeks is a sort of given according to the circumstances. However, other video game companies have been able to hit deadlines...and have also communicated any delays in such things. ANet has not done this. Not for PvP anyway.

They communicated on SAB being 2 weeks later than it would normally be, but said this was due to wanting to space it and their April Fools joke out, they at least communicated this to the community. In regards to PvP they said that there would be a 4 to 6 week cadence between balance patches when the "big one" was initially released and they have not communicated about a change to this, or anything relating to a balance patch release, in the 2 additional weeks since they've hit that self imposed "deadline" they gave to the community. They hit those other deadlines...why didn't they for the next PvP balance patch? And for that matter...why haven't they said anything regarding it considering the situation?

I was one of the individuals on this forum who advocated for giving them the benefit of the doubt, suggesting that people wait and see so that we can really be sure if they will or will not change their approach to how they handle balance patches and how they communicate with the PvP/WvW community. So far its just been much of the same, even considering these extenuating circumstances.

Long story short, have at it.

@Drennon.7190 said:Bait and switch. They once again made promises that they can't keep. I feel stupid for trusting them and returning after a 3 year break.

Freak'n covid has their offices shut down and has them working from home, As an avid critic of A-net at times I feel this is not a good time. Lets wait and see what happens, their rigs in their house might not be nearly as strong as their work rigs AND they might have kids and family at home who will make it harder to focus on their work . When it comes to class changes id rather them take their time than bork and entire class into unplayable shenanigans.

this is a new team, not their fault a pandemic happened RIGHT after they took over and made their promises.

Today is the aniversary of GW1, so i expect that the patch is mainly related to that event. It'll be nice if they, at least, can plublish a note about the balance plans. A list of pending things they are working more than detailed changes and a roadmap.

At this point, better that they delay it and add things that are still in the pending list, so the change become notable. Something like nerf the ouliners + nerf the sustain in competitive modes to a reasonable level + do the rest of pending global tradeoffs and rework the rest of the specializations that didn't receive any before. Its time to equal the balance and be more equitative. Let's see if they can accomplish all that for the next big balance patch.

@Thornwolf.9721 said:

@Drennon.7190 said:Bait and switch. They once again made promises that they can't keep. I feel stupid for trusting them and returning after a 3 year break.

Freak'n covid has their offices shut down and has them working from home, As an avid critic of A-net at times I feel this is not a good time. Lets wait and see what happens, their rigs in their house might not be nearly as strong as their work rigs AND they might have kids and family at home who will make it harder to focus on their work . When it comes to class changes id rather them take their time than bork and entire class into unplayable shenanigans.

this is a new team, not their fault a pandemic happened RIGHT after they took over and made their promises.

Yeah, sure, that is entirely understandable. Yet other companies are able to at least communicate with their communities and we haven't seen very much of that in regards to the PvP balance update and what will happen with that due to the current circumstances. Is it delayed? Is it even being worked on? What have they figured out so far based on data and feedback?

Communicating about it is the very least they can do and they haven't even done that.

I don't think they'll do balance patches during a running season. Maybe the mini season was an exception because they otherwise would have (after introduction of mini season) no room to bring minor changes. Mini season focused on death match and combat probably was good for them to test quicker fixes to balancing.

But in the big conquest main season (conquest is still "main" game mode) the people at the top probably would cry if they got to lose rank because of some balancing that made their class weaker compared to others.

@Heika.5403 said:Today is the aniversary of GW1, so i expect that the patch is mainly related to that event. It'll be nice if they, at least, can plublish a note about the balance plans. A list of pending things they are working more than detailed changes and a roadmap.

At this point, better that they delay it and add things that are still in the pending list, so the change become notable. Something like nerf the ouliners + nerf the sustain in competitive modes to a reasonable level + do the rest of pending global tradeoffs and rework the rest of the specializations that didn't receive any before. Its time to equal the balance and be more equitative. Let's see if they can accomplish all that for the next big balance patch.

You can't add a trade off to elites which includes trade off to start with, the idea of trade off only applies to elite which add something to the main mechanic without taking anything away, in that sense elites that replace main mechanic cannot be subjected to any trade off...this is something the devs explained themselves

@Irenio CalmonHuang.2048

Elite specializations were introduced with the Heart of Thorns expansion and have become a regular sight throughout Tyria. These specializations have sometimes >come with trade-offs, and sometimes they've been purely beneficial compared to a core specialization, often because they add something on top of everything the >profession already does. We believe that elite specializations are a more meaningful choice when they have some trade-off or change some core part of a profession's >mechanics.

To use the example of necromancer, by choosing an elite specialization, you lose access to your core Death Shroud abilities, but you gain different abilities. This is a >clear trade-off. In the case of elite specializations like druid, herald, chronomancer, berserker, or scrapper, this type of trade-off isn't possible because the specialization >adds a completely new ability. With this update, we're targeting a few elite specializations to receive trade-offs, and we expect to continue doing this in future >updates. As for general changes, we've made a few consistency updates to aura naming and introduced dark auras to the game. We also changed a number of abilities >that would destroy missiles, making them block missiles instead.

@KryTiKaL.3125 said:

Yeah, sure, that is entirely understandable. Yet other companies are able to at least
communicate
with their communities and we haven't seen very much of that in regards to the PvP balance update and what will happen with that due to the current circumstances. Is it delayed? Is it even being worked on? What have they figured out so far based on data and feedback?

Communicating about it is the very least they can do and they haven't even done that.

I agree

The pandemic excuse is valid to a point, a grace period seems appropriate, and I’m sure any reasonable person would understand if a delay was needed..but a lack of communication is what really blows my mind. It really really sucks knowing the game you happen to love is run like this one is.

Consider the following: The people in charge have decided we’re not who the game is designed for, and any form of communication with us is a waste of time and money (which contradicts the whole pvp revamp thing) OR it’s gross incompetence.

Take your pick, both suck.