Thank you for the PvP balance update

mrauls.6519

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@"Pterikdactyl.7630" said:Choking Gas. 7 initiative. What the kitten? Why did ANet think that putting an unblockable AoE daze on a skill was even a good idea to begin with? Seems like Thief is getting the Rev treatment: powercreep the skill and overinflate the cost. Meh. Not a fan.

I'm glad someone else is saying this. Anet has a bad habit of changing skills that were fine and when they become busted, lazy nerf them. It makes me dread any kind of rework.

Some of them are real headscratchers. Choking Gas nerf in particular is just random. Thief was already not doing too hot, and Choking Gas was one of the ways they could reasonably contribute in a +1, and now its just even worse. Core engineer got collateral hits from the Alchemy nerfs even though Prot Holo is the problem. Mortar Kits nerfs to the field damage is a bit too harsh (I wouldve preferred 0.8 scalings accross the board).

Hell for that matter, why was thief nerfed, but Rev was left completely untouched?

@bravan.3876 said:

@bravan.3876 said:Why they nerfed gazelle instead birds?

If you didn't know, birds die.

Still the dmg is broken. They nerfed tiger but not bird and went for gazelle instead. Makes no sense to me.

attack of opportunity got hit and the tank amulets were removed so longer attrition fights (where the bird shines) are easier to manage. There wasn't any value in fighting the ranger while the bird was up before, now you can sit on top of the ranger and aoe until the bird is dead and still make some headway against the ranger.

@Leonidrex.5649 said:

@Darkk.3018 said:A good patch for the most part. The absence of any changes to rev is just jarring though. Please fix this obvious bug.

rev is not OP, just good players chose to play rev over other specs :)

Well as far as power rev u do have to be a good player to do well on it, out of every class ive spent time learning learning rev,cor engi and ele rotations were the hardest to do well on. That's my experience anyway, others could be different obviously.