[Suggestion] Guild and Guild Hall Quality of Life improvements (updated: 15 March 2022) [Merged]

Hello!

Since we received info about incoming "soon" expansion, would be nice to include in it maybe some [G]uild changes?I had so many ideas so I guess instead of writing them in plain texts, will be better to store on Trello boards (and that will be also waaay easier to make edits).

Summary what I 'covered' with ideas on mentioned Trello boards (majority of ideas posted below, full list is available on trello boards - links to them are on bottom of this post):

OTHERS:

TAVERN:

• New Music Mixer Controller
  • New Music tracks to be played in GH
  • New Anthems (included samples in Attachments on boards)
  • 20% Waypoint Discount upgrade
  • New Competitive Banner

MARKET:

ARENA

• New Toggle SPvP mode on Arena
  • New PvP Decorations
  • New Scribing PvP bonuses Banners
  • New Obstacles: Slow, Torment, Boon Removal turrets

WAR ROOM:

NOTARY:

WORKSHOP:

• New Gathering Nodes
  • Crafting Stations

MINE:

So, here are my so far wrote suggestions:

Link to Trello board with Guild & Guild Hall changes/reworks/features™:https://trello.com/b/PUKUbeIY/guild-hall-further-upgrades-guild-updates

Link to Trello board with ideas for Guild Achievements (Work in Progress!):https://trello.com/b/47fFm1do/guild-achievements-work-in-progress

Link to Trello board with ideas for Decorations:https://trello.com/b/LLXfaWsp/guild-decorations-suggestions

Would be nice to discuss, so I am open for yours suggestions, ideas, opinions and features too. =)Have a nice day! 🙂

P.S.Included some "monetization", but I guess it's so optional and non-invasive much so it should be fine.

Edited by Makarow.3028

@Rasimir.6239 said:Can you give a summary of your ideas? Linking to outside sources usually isn't a good way to get people to read it, especially if they don't have any idea of the scope or direction of the suggestions.Good idea, added! :)

@"kharmin.7683" said:First thing on the list should be "Composing a team to actively work on guilds"I guess ANet can manage something? ;)

Monthly guild achievements. Some of the examples would be like:

• Kill 3000 branded/svanirs/hyleks/others enemies.
  • Kill 250 enemies as elementalist/warr/mesmer/etc.
  • Mine 300 nodes of orichalcum/wood/iron/plants/etc.
  • Complete 100 events in Tyria/elona/maguuma/etc.
  • PvE guilds - Complete 10 raid bosses.
  • PvP guilds - Win 10 tournaments.
  • WvW guilds - No idea, I don't WvW.

Rewards should be awarded to anyone who participated on it, at the end of each month.
Please don't reward us with silly guild buffs or something like that, most of us we hate it.A good reward might be more guild commendations and then a revamp of what you can buy with them, so they are useful (right now they are kind of a joke, except for ascended accesories, but almost everyone that I know is already ascended or legendary so... give us something to aim for. Maybe some of the low 1% rare chance items that nobody ever sees in the game, I fail to see why take the effort on creating A LOT of those items and sets, like the bound raven set, if then nobody is ever to complete it. Feels like a total waste.)

@Elrey.5472 said:Monthly guild achievements. Some of the examples would be like:

• Kill 3000 branded/svanirs/hyleks/others enemies.
  • Kill 250 enemies as elementalist/warr/mesmer/etc.
  • Mine 300 nodes of orichalcum/wood/iron/plants/etc.
  • Complete 100 events in Tyria/elona/maguuma/etc.
  • PvE guilds - Complete 10 raid bosses.
  • PvP guilds - Win 10 tournaments.
  • WvW guilds - No idea, I don't WvW.

Rewards should be awarded to anyone who participated on it, at the end of each month.

Please don't reward us with silly guild buffs or something like that, most of us we hate it.A good reward might be more guild commendations and then a revamp of what you can buy with them, so they are useful (right now they are kind of a joke, except for ascended accesories, but almost everyone that I know is already ascended or legendary so... give us something to aim for. Maybe some of the low 1% rare chance items that nobody ever sees in the game, I fail to see why take the effort on creating A LOT of those items and sets, like the bound raven set, if then nobody is ever to complete it. Feels like a total waste.)

Monthly Guild Achievements sounds good. I'll think about them in free time. Repeatable ones would be fine with marking with 'flag' participating in it guild members for rewards.

The problem is, how to distribute rewards for one-time achievements (which I posted). Possibly 'pernament' bonuses when representing guild or decorations would work for that type of achievements.

Thank you for suggestions! I'll implement them soon on Trello boards. :)

@"Titanium Argentum.1427" said:Maked many years ago, but,https://en-forum.guildwars2.com/discussion/1040/suggestions-quality-of-life-for-guildsHi, I reviewed your list of 35 ideas, some already overlaps so I mentioned these which are new for me and I really like:5) Alliances - I think that will be in incoming Expac, after all ANet was teasing about development of that feature.7) I'd rename it to "Hall of Fame" - and it would be maybe new monument decoration (Place max. 10-25 of them) which would be a bit more advanced. It would be visually something similar to PvP lobby like monthly winner statues, but when you click it you can see selected note and/or achievement which player obtained.19) Would be cool addition to have other crafting stations (something holographic maybe like in Eye of the North recently in Workshop area) but sadly I guess it "overlaps" lounge passes with functionality.

Thank you for suggestions! I'll implement them soon on Trello boards. :)

First of all we need proper bloody logging. One day huge amount of guild siege disappeared from our storage, and there is literally no way of knowing who took it. ANet told us it's our internal problem and they can't help us (it probably was a friend of one of our guildies on his account...)

@Samug.6512 said:First of all we need proper bloody logging. One day huge amount of guild siege disappeared from our storage, and there is literally no way of knowing who took it. ANet told us it's our internal problem and they can't help us (it probably was a friend of one of our guildies on his account...)

And thats a good reason why account sharing is not allowed, your friend should reimburst the guild and not have others access his account.

@Linken.6345 said:

@"Samug.6512" said:First of all we need
proper bloody logging
. One day huge amount of guild siege disappeared from our storage, and there is literally no way of knowing who took it. ANet told us it's our internal problem and they can't help us (it probably was a friend of one of our guildies on his account...)

And thats a good reason why account sharing is not allowed, your friend should reimburst the guild and not have others access his account.

If only we had any proof and not just suspicions and, "maybies" and "probablies". If there's a log of who put in and out from the guild bank, surely there's a way to implement a log of guild siege etc? And while we'r at it, guild-shared food too?

@Samug.6512 said:First of all we need proper bloody logging. One day huge amount of guild siege disappeared from our storage, and there is literally no way of knowing who took it. ANet told us it's our internal problem and they can't help us (it probably was a friend of one of our guildies on his account...)

Oh I agree. Sometimes I have to guess who spent consumables in large quantities. Week-long logging would be indeed nice. Added on Trello board.

I just would like to have asura and sylvaris decos :S They can simply add a guild decoration trader in each existing map selling decos of the related map... you see like Gravedigger in jahai, karmas of grothmar/bjora and the several volatile vendor from dragonfall...

@hugo.4705 said:I just would like to have asura and sylvaris decos :S They can simply add a guild decoration trader in each existing map selling decos of the related map... you see like Gravedigger in jahai, karmas of grothmar/bjora and the several volatile vendor from dragonfall...

Yeah I agree, but kiiinda used some of racial decos to have them as purpose for guild achievement feature. Your suggested option is good too! :)

Also added some new features on Trello boards:

• More guild rank permissions options (and some precised)
  • Idea to move Siege Consumables from Consumables to War Chest section (after all they're just for WvW, so I guess it's more fitting section?)
  • Change to availablity of specific type of guild missions to be available at once
  • New Monthly Guild Achievements (added few more of mine suggestions)

All I want is a few 'simple' things:

• A 'Restored City of Arah' core guild hall, located north of Arah dungeon, with its entrance at Bayt Fallahin in Malchor's Leap, using that empty space between Cursed Shore and Siren's Landing.
    • This guild hall would looking like corrupted orr initially, but over time as the guild restores buildings it will end up looking like Orr would have looked in its heyday.
  • The ability to switch between PvE, PvP and WvW skill sets. Possibly by having an NPC players with "Arena Decorator" permission can talk to to choose a different skill set. The guild hall map would reload, replacing the previous guild hall with one with he same exact appearance, but the selected skill ruleset.
  • Changing PvE guild missions so they use existing events instead having events done specifically for them. This way Guilds will be able to have way more varied missions without having to make any more missions specifically for them:
    • Races:
      • Guild races would be converted into the current standard of races: An event that repeats regularly, and an adventure available at any time, becoming doable without being in a guild, just like the Flying Dolyak race in Labyrinthine Cliffs.
      • Adventures with no associated race like the HoT ones would get a race event when possible. These events would also help warn players when a locked adventure becomes available.
      • Races with no associated adventure like the PoF ones wold get each an adventure.
      • Guild races will then be completed by participating in either the event or the adventure, and instead counting players reaching the goal, the guild mission will count points: 1 point from getting the time or score needed to get copper rewards from the adventure, 2 points from earning silver, and 5 points from getting gold or higher. For race events with multiple laps, each lap will count individually. For example, an easy race mission could require getting 30 points within 15 minutes.
      • During festivals that have races, guild races may use those instead.
    • Bounties: The bounties in core maps would be changed to work more like PoF bounties. There would be a bounty board and players would get a bounty there and start it in the location. This will also affect the Bandit bounties in Kryta and Brisban Wildlands. For HoT bounty missions, the Hero challenge missions that spawn a champion could also be used. Standalone events dealing with a single champion and champions with no associated event could also be converted into bounties.
    • Challenges:
      • The current instanced challenges would remain doable in instances, but the previously disabled open world events will become doable again. Guilds will get participation whether they complete the event in open world or in an instance.
      • There would also be new possible challenges using existing group events , like completing certain meta-events and defeating certain world bosses.
    • Living world and expansions: Guilds would get a new set of upgrades to unlock extra mission "Opportunities" in expansion content. For example, a guild could get a "Defeat the Mouth of Mordremoth" challenge as a Heart of Thorns Hard Opportunity, or "Serpent's Ire" as a Path of Fire Hard Opportunity.

When reading @MithranArkanere.8957 just above, I kinda think any dungeon could be an awesome guild hall... it can be a fourth path where you have to clear everything, and once you did that, the dungeon can be your guild hall, empty and allowing you to place the synthesizers and npcs.. it would revitalize dungeon and in same times making more guild halls available.

Btw, now thinking of it, for the decos, I would simply add a new tab to the dungeon merchant in LA called Guild upgrades. Crucible of eternity could be for all asuran decos, honor of wave for norns decos, citadel of flame for charrs ones... would fit very well!! those dungeons are already themed/racial.I purchased every armor and weapon from the crucible, i'm now pilling up knowledge crystals without being able to spend them on anything....

@"Makarow.3028" said:

• Future Guild Hall upgrades like, with some new stuff (for example music console, library for lore books, new music tracks, mount/glider try-out merchants etc.)More guild hall upogrades would be nice. Hopefully one of them will be "No more still looking like a run down abandoned place, but completely restored new place"Is it too much to ask for for the GH to end up being fixed not just partially cleaned?
  • Guild Permissions reworkAbsolutely. Why in the first place Anet decided it was a good idea to let everyone that can invite players also kick everyone below themselves, i have no idea.Kicking and inviting players should be their own seperate categories.
  • Guild MissionsMore Guildmissions would be really nice yes. more of existing types and perhaps even some new types.
  • New decorationsMore decorations would be nice, but there should also be some decorations that CHANGE the stuff that is already there. even if you decorate it to the mists and back, the main parts of the guildhall is still the same thing in all guildhalls of that area, making them all too similar to one another.

Reply to @MithranArkanere.8957

• New Guild Halls would be indeed nice.
  • Ability of Switching Arena to PvP / WvW / PvE mode is also mentioned on Trello Boards
  • I kinda used some of your ideas for Monthly Guild Achievements (suggested by @Elrey.5472 )
  • Themed by Expansion Guild Missions are also mentioned
  • You can see more on posted links to Trello Boards :)

Reply to @"hugo.4705"

• Turning Dungeon "Fourth Path" to Guild Hall would be a nice idea, but I see some troubles and possibilities:
  • Will you have enough space to 'spawn' Mine, Tavern, War Room etc? It would probably require to add some new zones in them
  • Some dungeons are huuuuuuuuge some are smaller (compare TA to ARAH)
  • They have waypoints already tho implemented
  • About Decoration merchant. I have better idea - why to not scatter decos across Tyria? Why?
  • It would require people to re-visit some old places (for nostalgia)
  • It would put some effort to buy desired decoration
  • Would be cool to see set of Dungeon-themed decos, dungeon currencies sounds good to be used to get them

Reply to @Dino.3680

• That's why I created (again) that topic :P just decided to go more complex this time ^^
  • Permission rework suggestions are wrote on Trello boards (links in first post)
  • I included idea for guild missions but didn't specifed anything much (yet, - todo stuff)
  • Well, 'fix' for repeatability of Guild Halls would be more different Guild Halls available, I guess? :D

@"Makarow.3028" said:

• Turning Dungeon "Fourth Path" to Guild Hall would be a nice idea, but I see some troubles and possibilities:

• Will you have enough space to 'spawn' Mine, Tavern, War Room etc? It would probably require to add some new zones in them-> If you pay attention, those are decos, but that can't be removed. As example in precipice, the war room table is just banquet tables sticked together.War room, can simply be done by adding a big round table with maps, mine: they put some ores assets with miners near them work everywhere apart maybe crucible of eternity, but here can be put in one of the labs with a giant aetherium synthetizer as example. For tavern, same, somewhere they spawn banquet tables and chair and the npc... Just make the mine holographic, or a device generating aetherium by itself.
    • Some dungeons are huuuuuuuuge some are smaller (compare TA to ARAH)-> It's a pro, players can choose the dungeon depending on if they want a big one or a small one.
    • They have waypoints already tho implemented-> It's not an issue, when you "claim it" they are all contested, once done, they are usable kinda like on the surface, dynamic event like capture the crucible access platform or bridge to citadel of flame.
  • About Decoration merchant. I have better idea - why to not scatter decos across Tyria? Why?

• It would require people to re-visit some old places (for nostalgia)
    • It would put some effort to buy desired decoration
    • Would be cool to see set of Dungeon-themed decos, dungeon currencies sounds good to be used to get them-> It's a good idea. It doesn't bother me to find them, but only 1 vendor per map, more and it will be mess, I want to access the vendor rapidly, near a waypoint, not loosing 1h in one map to buy 5 different decos.

@hugo.4705 said:When reading @"MithranArkanere.8957" just above, I kinda think any dungeon could be an awesome guild hall... it can be a fourth path where you have to clear everything, and once you did that, the dungeon can be your guild hall, empty and allowing you to place the synthesizers and npcs.. it would revitalize dungeon and in same times making more guild halls available.

Innnnteresting idea. Back when guild halls first debuted I expressed hope in these forums that we might get Caudecus Manor as a guild hall. Or at least a similar sprawling estate. Though I'd very much want a ballroom added, at this point I could forego that if ANet found it easier to just copy CM over as a hall. Given the story changes to CM, it could even fit lore-wise into letting a guild take over to "manage" it on behalf of whoever is the Minister now.

Though I've come to feel that the guild halls as implemented fell short of the potential. I'd rather put new customizable areas in the hands of individual players (as seen in the ESO housing system), with a brand new much more robust decorating system (again, refer to ESO for many superb ways of doing it, other than the egregious monetization and resource cost for simple layouts and decorations). I know that's a pipe dream, so tweaking the current guild halls as the OP suggests may be the most we can hope for.

@"MithranArkanere.8957" said:

• Changing PvE guild missions so they use existing events instead having events done specifically for them. This way Guilds will be able to have way more varied missions without having to make any more missions specifically for them:

I would give guild more power to start events(chains) in general. While probably not all of them are suited, player/guild generated events sound pretty cool to me. Of course I haven't seen all too many uses of the world event starters so maybe the popularity is limited, but since that's a daily thing there probably is very little need for it, vs the cost for it. I dunno.

I think the guild missions would or could be more like broad stories that tie a guild to a certain area with a certain (broadly covering content) task, like for example, helping the Kodan, or supporting the Lionguard, or fighting against the inquest. Which probably would need additions to content, additional achievements, maybe even additional events, but could make guilds alot more compelling, goal oriented and maybe coming with an (temporary) identity or goal for themselves.

Basically instead of Guild Missions being fairly meaningless small chores or tasks, it could be a Guild's Mission to help with a bigger objective with more permanence or roleplaying factor.

EDIT: I suppose it could tie in with the monthly achievements for guilds I guess, but I personally don't like the need to come back every month to "farm guild montlies or whatever, time constraints seem unnecessarily limiting usually.

@Donari.5237 said:Innnnteresting idea. Back when guild halls first debuted I expressed hope in these forums that we might get Caudecus Manor as a guild hall. Or at least a similar sprawling estate. Though I'd very much want a ballroom added, at this point I could forego that if ANet found it easier to just copy CM over as a hall. Given the story changes to CM, it could even fit lore-wise into letting a guild take over to "manage" it on behalf of whoever is the Minister now.

Racial themed Guild Halls would be awesome. Imagine them with some emptied past 'enemy'-zones for each race, so these enemies for example could 'guard' Claiming Crystals:

• Human - Centaurs and/or Whitemantle ruins (Centaurs/Whitemantle as enemies to claim GH)
  • Sylvari - Nightmare Court (We have already Mordremoth enemies for Lost Precipice & Gilded Hollow)
  • Asura - Chak, Destroyers and/or Inquest
  • Norn - Icebrood, Svanir, and/or Kodan(runs of their settlement)
  • Charr - Ascalonian Ghosts and/or Branded

Or mixes of two races: Asura-Sylvari and Charr-Norn Guild Halls (with mixes of above stuff).

@Donari.5237 said:Though I've come to feel that the guild halls as implemented fell short of the potential. I'd rather put new customizable areas in the hands of individual players (as seen in the ESO housing system), with a brand new much more robust decorating system (again, refer to ESO for many superb ways of doing it, other than the egregious monetization and resource cost for simple layouts and decorations). I know that's a pipe dream, so tweaking the current guild halls as the OP suggests may be the most we can hope for.

I agree, Guilds and Guild Halls should get some 'fresh air' features. Better decorating system would be nice, but it probably require spaghetti coding implementation to overdrive current one. About 'housing' - I'd prefer to share my creations with guildies, never been fan of player's housing. :P

@"FrizzFreston.5290" said:I would give guild more power to start events(chains) in general. While probably not all of them are suited, player/guild generated events sound pretty cool to me. Of course I haven't seen all too many uses of the world event starters so maybe the popularity is limited, but since that's a daily thing there probably is very little need for it, vs the cost for it. I dunno.

Hmmm that would be indeed cool. Afaik we can launch only three world bosses (Tequatl, Triple Trouble and Karka Queen). I think it should be extended to each world boss. After all, some collections and achievements require specific boss to be defeated - so instead of waiting for sheduled spawn on Event Timer, you could be able to grab few guildies and LFG (if needed) and spawn any world boss.

Also would be awesome if they'd bring Marionette and Breachmaker encounters (in past I had idea to "upgrade" Guild Portal to something like Fractals of the Mists lab, which would allow you to enter no longer available past-encounters like mentioned while ago).

@"FrizzFreston.5290" said:I think the guild missions would or could be more like broad stories that tie a guild to a certain area with a certain (broadly covering content) task, like for example, helping the Kodan, or supporting the Lionguard, or fighting against the inquest. Which probably would need additions to content, additional achievements, maybe even additional events, but could make guilds alot more compelling, goal oriented and maybe coming with an (temporary) identity or goal for themselves.

Basically instead of Guild Missions being fairly meaningless small chores or tasks, it could be a Guild's Mission to help with a bigger objective with more permanence or roleplaying factor.Hmm that sounds like 'reputation' thingy, I wouldn't mind if ANet would implement something like that (for example, players can achieve own reputations with specific groups by helping them via doing events or trading goods, guild could just "boost" them with separated 'reputation', maybe by giving discounts to merchants or for goods).

Maybe, but to be honest I have no ideas how to 'improve' meaning of guild missions to be supportive for whole communities, not only for guild members. I'd have to think a while to invent something.

@"FrizzFreston.5290" said:EDIT: I suppose it could tie in with the monthly achievements for guilds I guess, but I personally don't like the need to come back every month to "farm guild montlies or whatever, time constraints seem unnecessarily limiting usually.That's why I wanted to make 'monthlies' to be... let's say 'daily routine' stuff - you would have super high chance to do them 'just by' - and each member would share their participation by doing such stuff just by being in guild - not even by representing. Making mandatory represent would be bad idea, because many people 'require' you to represent such guild, while a lot of people just wanna be in few various communities, with option to swap between represent as much as they want and/or need.

For period of 30 days it would be enough time to do it casually, and getting rewards at end of each month, wouldn't pressure people to 'let's do them as soon as possible'.

Also, it would have a 'side effect(s)' - because I had idea to increase available guild slots (250 gems for each new) - by doing for example progress of harvesting monthly achievement, you'd benefit each guild you're in.

So people might would be interested to buy some other guild slots (= money for company!) - for example to be in casual pvp/wvw guilds too, to play once or twice to also 'get counted' for categorized wvw/pvp achievements. Plus of that could be, people might try new game modes, minus of it might be people will just leech rewards and possibly creations of 'zombie' guilds which are focused just for rewards (but after all, some massive guilds are like this, so it couldn't do much harm anyway).

Also:Added some new stuff on Trello board + edited few things.

@Donari.5237 said:

@hugo.4705 said:When reading @"MithranArkanere.8957" just above, I kinda think any dungeon could be an awesome guild hall... it can be a fourth path where you have to clear everything, and once you did that, the dungeon can be your guild hall, empty and allowing you to place the synthesizers and npcs.. it would revitalize dungeon and in same times making more guild halls available.

Innnnteresting idea. Back when guild halls first debuted I expressed hope in these forums that we might get Caudecus Manor as a guild hall. Or at least a similar sprawling estate. Though I'd very much want a ballroom added, at this point I could forego that if ANet found it easier to just copy CM over as a hall. Given the story changes to CM, it could even fit lore-wise into letting a guild take over to "manage" it on behalf of whoever is the Minister now.

Though I've come to feel that the guild halls as implemented fell short of the potential. I'd rather put new customizable areas in the hands of individual players (as seen in the ESO housing system), with a brand new much more robust decorating system (again, refer to ESO for many superb ways of doing it, other than the egregious monetization and resource cost for simple layouts and decorations). I know that's a pipe dream, so tweaking the current guild halls as the OP suggests may be the most we can hope for.

I'm very fan of elder scroll online housing, but sadly, I can't see Anet doing something similar. Since the start in 2013 they only shown that they start features and then abandon them and let them not less than 1 year after. Is the eye of the north hub, sun-refuge and lounges and home instance really necessary? All the players home instances look the same, nodes... nodes... and nodes.... ah and cats. Of course to be personal, it should be a personal landscape where you can personalize everything, but it can't be done here.1-I don't think they have a proper team about guilds?2-Do they really care about guilds?3-Based on the time it takes to release a LS episode or an expansion, does a new guild hall would require like 6 months?

The first thing to do, is to increase guild decos cap, allow us to rotate them in any axis, add npcs to populate the guild hall... and several other ideas OP linked in first post. But I don't feel like they have enough workforce to make a decent/guild housing system currently. It has been now 7 years, guild should have been already perfectly implemented at HOT launch. SAB isn't even finished, dungeons abandoned, can I expect that guilds aren't abandoned? I don't doubt anymore, they are abandoned.Can hope to see housing released, but if it's very badly rendered and made....

At least we can make the guild hall and decorations better. And they need to put a proper serious team working on guild. Not only few devs releasing decos for each new ls episodes (I love them and I thanks you decos devs) but it's not enough, more upgrades, asura gate in guild hall leading to strikes/fractals....

@Makarov.5742 BTW, you can only put one table of pictures? As example for cultural contract you omit several decos, for asuras, you don't show any type of console...If you can link multiple pictures to a table, it may be more interesting.

They have to make Guild Hall meaningful, I'm in a WvW guild with Guild Hall maxed for a while, all we do with the guild hall is recollect materials, nothing else.Before the pip system, we used to craft guild siege weapons and WvW tactics, but now, you get easily 500 tactics with 500 skirmish boxes making crafting tactics meaningless.

• Thanks 1