Very few to nobody made threads on this forum to complain about Rev

LazySummer.2568

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

If you mean condi rev, it has already been hit hard.

Banish Enchantment: Increased energy cost from 20 to 30 in PvP only.Pain Absorption: Increased energy cost from 30 to 35 in PvP only.Call to Anguish: Increased energy cost from 30 to 35 in PvP only.Searing Fissure: Reduced initial burning duration from 10 seconds to 5 seconds in PvP only.Echoing Eruption: Increased cooldown from 8 seconds to 12 seconds in PvP only.Embrace the Darkness: Reduced additional torment stacks after using an energy skill from 2 to 1 in PvP only.

If you mean power, who knows. With toughness getting shaved across the board with amulet nerfs, it might end up going from strong but balanced, to OP. We'll see once the meta settles.

@Flumek.9043 said:

@LazySummer.2568 said:So they weren't nerfed KEKW

no, rev is just played by good players.

There are no good rev players.

Theres only ex- thief&warriors who were once good players.

when I first read there's no good rev players I thought u were responding as of why I hardly see em in gold as ud only see them in plat lol.

@Kuma.1503 said:If you mean condi rev, it has already been hit hard.

Banish Enchantment: Increased energy cost from 20 to 30 in PvP only.Pain Absorption: Increased energy cost from 30 to 35 in PvP only.Call to Anguish: Increased energy cost from 30 to 35 in PvP only.Searing Fissure: Reduced initial burning duration from 10 seconds to 5 seconds in PvP only.Echoing Eruption: Increased cooldown from 8 seconds to 12 seconds in PvP only.Embrace the Darkness: Reduced additional torment stacks after using an energy skill from 2 to 1 in PvP only.

If you mean power, who knows. With toughness getting shaved across the board with amulet nerfs, it might end up going from strong but balanced, to OP. We'll see once the meta settles.

All forms of revs are busted currently -- both condi & power, even Jalis ones.

Condi ones are your typical condi bunkers that are hard to kill while being able to wear you down with non-negligible condi dmg and also capable of bursts with certain combos. It's also equipped with obnoxious AoE cc spam and has high resistance uptime when resistance is supposed to be scarce.

Power ones are still capable of teleporting in and bursting people down in an instant while being slippery if they just mind their distance / stunbreaks / glint heal / energy (muh good rev players lol it's really not a difficult concept to grasp to not brainlessly blow all your load at once, but i guess the typical gw2 skill level difference is just between someone that facerolls on keyboard vs someone that doesn't)

Jalis ones are insanely tanky with stab spam and dmg reduction vs both power & condi of at least 60% when their dwarf elite is traited, and Renegade versions (inb4 Renegade lol) even higher with prot spam and that Kalla Fervor trait that also reduces condi dmg, not to mention Renegade play style is super braindead because you just spam AoE AIs on nodes when you're offensive while Jalis skills when you're defensive. On top of that, the Retribution traitline allows them to spam AoE weakness vs power builds.

It's really mind boggling to me when very few people on the gw2 forums can grasp how broken revs are, or I guess everyone's just good players and I'm bad :) :) :)

@LazySummer.2568 said:

Condi ones are your typical condi bunkers that are hard to kill while being able to wear you down with non-negligible condi dmg and also capable of bursts with certain combos. It's also equipped with obnoxious AoE cc spam and has high resistance uptime when resistance is supposed to be scarce.

Power ones are still capable of teleporting in and bursting people down in an instant while being slippery if they just mind their distance / stunbreaks / glint heal / energy (muh good rev players lol it's really not a difficult concept to grasp to not brainlessly blow all your load at once, but i guess the typical gw2 skill level difference is just between someone that facerolls on keyboard vs someone that doesn't)

Jalis ones are insanely tanky with stab spam and dmg reduction vs both power & condi of at least 60% when their dwarf elite is traited, and Renegade versions (inb4 Renegade lol) even higher with prot spam and that Kalla Fervor trait that also reduces condi dmg, not to mention Renegade play style is super braindead because you just spam AoE AIs on nodes when you're offensive while Jalis skills when you're defensive. On top of that, the Retribution traitline allows them to spam AoE weakness vs power builds.

I respectfully disagree.

@LazySummer.2568 said:It's really mind boggling to me when very few people on the gw2 forums can grasp how broken revs are, or I guess everyone's just good players and I'm bad :) :) :)

I'm in low-mid plat, and I have yet to face a rev that was mildly threatening. Renegade revs are nothing but meme builds. Power Shiro takes a lot of skill to play, and I've only faced ONE in my last 30 games who knew the burst rotation and understood his role.

If you're a top plat/legend player making these assertions, then perhaps there could be something to what you're saying. But I doubt this is the case.

@LazySummer.2568 said:

It's really mind boggling to me when very few people on the gw2 forums can grasp how broken revs are, or I guess everyone's just good players and I'm bad :) :) :)

Anyone can take anything and water it down into nothing.

Also any Revenant builds have wide openings such as NOT blowing your burst or CC's when they are on the defensive. That goes with anything in this game. Hilariously I am the (Probably) the only main core Revenant in the game this season again and it's working fine for me. Probably because it's broken to play anything right in this game, who knew.

If Revenant is this broken, where's the rev meta then? All I see is the same weak Heralds that can't duel for anything or the same wrongly played Renegades using their defensive skills offensively, Metabattle looks awful itself. It's been a big yikes for a while.

Edit: Pulsing stability = the first thing that gets removed.

@Shao.7236 said:

Also any Revenant builds have wide openings such as NOT blowing your burst or CC's when they are on the defensive. That goes with
anything
in this game. Hilariously I am the (Probably) the only main core Revenant in the game this season again and it's working fine for me. Probably because it's
broken
to play anything right in this game, who knew.

If Revenant is this broken, where's the rev meta then? All I see is the same weak Heralds that can't duel for anything or the same wrongly played Renegades using their defensive skills offensively, Metabattle looks awful itself. It's been a big yikes for a while.

Not to rain on your parade but...last tournament was won by a team with 3 revs in it....just saying

@LazySummer.2568 said:

@"Kuma.1503" said:If you mean condi rev, it has already been hit hard.

I agree on you probably being bad, because as a rev player (Im not the best but I can put in work.) I can tell you the trick, CC and focus is a rev's weakness. Like I find it hilarious that everyone is having these "Issues" in PvP when in reality the most broken condi variant for one is WvW almost exclusive because its trailblazers +Runes of tormenting, nerf the rune and Im sure it will fall off a bit. And Renegade is laughable in WvW but good in PvP, Herald is alright but shiro herald is kinda worthless in WvW when you can bring a guardian who can outshine them.

Guardian is FAR WORSE than rev is right now, guardian is just a monster that can solo pretty much anything.. Yet people are still pointing fingers at us likes its our doing.

@Supreme.3164 said:

Also any Revenant builds have wide openings such as NOT blowing your burst or CC's when they are on the defensive. That goes with
anything
in this game. Hilariously I am the (Probably) the only main core Revenant in the game this season again and it's working fine for me. Probably because it's
broken

Not to rain on your parade but...last tournament was won by a team with 3 revs in it....just saying

3 Revs that did what against what, no context, no facts.

I ain't going around saying something is OP because it counters me.

@Shao.7236 said:

anything
broken

I am not about to enter into another pointless diatribe with people defending their main...I am not here to ask for nerf or buffs, simply made an observation..I am done

@Thornwolf.9721 said:

I agree on you probably being bad, because as a rev player (Im not the best but I can put in work.) I can tell you the trick, CC and focus is a rev's weakness. Like I find it hilarious that everyone is having these "Issues" in PvP when in reality the most broken condi variant for one is WvW almost exclusive because its trailblazers +Runes of tormenting, nerf the rune and Im sure it will fall off a bit. And Renegade is laughable in WvW but good in PvP, Herald is alright but shiro herald is kinda worthless in WvW when you can bring a guardian who can outshine them.

Guardian is FAR WORSE than rev is right now, guardian is just a monster that can solo pretty much anything.. Yet people are still pointing fingers at us likes its our doing.

CC and focus counters anything, if its the only argument you can bring then thats not much of an argument is it?

@Supreme.3164 said:

anything
broken

I am not about to enter into another pointless diatribe with people defending their main...I am not here to ask for nerf or buffs, simply made an observation..I am done

Yeah I absolutely am defending my main asking for specific nerfs to it (That predictably occurred) in other posts. Bye.

@Leonidrex.5649 said:

CC and focus counters anything, if its the only argument you can bring then thats not much of an argument is it?

It's almost as if engaging mechanics that induce teamwork and reaction aren't what makes up this game. Are we gonna say CC and focus is bad and needs to be removed now?

@Shao.7236 said:It's almost as if engaging mechanics that induce teamwork and reaction aren't what makes up this game. Are we gonna say CC and focus is bad and needs to be removed now?

We are going to say that high dps with high sustain along with teleports which ignore line of sight as de La Creme, need to be removed.

Either high dps or high sustain.

Not both together.