MMOs should drop PvP and focus only on group content.

Supreme.3164

Gone are the days where PvP were about sportsmanship, love for competition and fairness ...these days it's all about : toxicity , egotism, elitism..you mention. I am very glad that upcoming MMO are dropping the idea of "competitive" PvP and I hope future MMOs will follow the example of New World and limit themselves to faction vs faction gameplay, if not entirely at least that should limit the level of toxicity.

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@"Supreme.3164" said:Gone are the days where PvP were about sportsmanship, love for competition and fairness ...these days it's all about : toxicity , egotism, elitism..you mention. I am very glad that upcoming MMO are dropping the idea of "competitive" PvP and I hope future MMOs will follow the example of New World and limit themselves to faction vs faction gameplay, if not entirely at least that should limit the level of toxicity.

Elitism in PvP ? I can always play any PvP content by pressing the matchmaking button. Where the true elitism is found is in PvE, where people asks for 10000 KP/LI to join any raid group.

@"Supreme.3164" said:Gone are the days where PvP were about sportsmanship, love for competition and fairness ...these days it's all about : toxicity , egotism, elitism..you mention. I am very glad that upcoming MMO are dropping the idea of "competitive" PvP and I hope future MMOs will follow the example of New World and limit themselves to faction vs faction gameplay, if not entirely at least that should limit the level of toxicity.

That's an odd way to admit you're terrible at PVP and are now throwing a fit because your faceroll build just got nerfed. XD

@Psycoprophet.8107 said:

@Luthan.5236 said:PvP is group content. If you make interesting mapes where group play is encouraged instead of people only running around trying 1 vs. 1 and ignoring objectives. :D

On the other hand if team fights were more than just braindead condi spam on nodes more people would probably go for team fighting.

EXACTLY! Condi aoe is such a weird stuff, why this exists anyways? In all the games that I played before, an aoe skill do a way less damage than a single target one, here is the opposity, if your class do aoe, go for it, cause you will do more individual damage and hits everybody, LOL

@anjo.6143 said:

@Luthan.5236 said:PvP is group content. If you make interesting mapes where group play is encouraged instead of people only running around trying 1 vs. 1 and ignoring objectives. :D

On the other hand if team fights were more than just braindead condi spam on nodes more people would probably go for team fighting.

EXACTLY! Condi aoe is such a weird stuff, why this exists anyways? In all the games that I played before, an aoe skill do a way less damage than a single target one, here is the opposity, if your class do aoe, go for it, cause you will do more individual damage and hits everybody, LOL

Imagine being a player new to pvp, learning about conquest and when they go near a node it's like a mini zerg fight where whole node is constantly covered with floor is lava death lol. Must be fun for em.

They shooted themselves in the foot, then tried to backpedaling but seems that the interest for their game frozed entirely. So far I have 0 interest in it.

@Psycoprophet.8107 said:

@"Luthan.5236" said:PvP is group content. If you make interesting mapes where group play is encouraged instead of people only running around trying 1 vs. 1 and ignoring objectives. :D

Imagine being a player new to pvp, learning about conquest and when they go near a node it's like a mini zerg fight where whole node is constantly covered with floor is lava death lol. Must be fun for em.

Have you seen PvE content? It's exactly the same if not worse. GW2 is "dodge the red" the video game. Only problem with PvP is that the red has no telegraph to dodge.

@Psycoprophet.8107 said:

I suspect when you are new you dont get to play against burn guard,fb,condi rev tryhards vomiting nodes.when I started pvp i played condi chrono ( didnt know you could change amulet so I had power amulet gigalul )and had no problems with aoe or others stuff, only with immortality of some classes.X build puts insane aoe, so I keep my distance and pressure them like that, it starts being annoying when they can stand on node, crap aoe underneath and take all ranged damage without losing much hp.

@UNOwen.7132 said:

@Tayga.3192 said:Dude, why not just go and play FF?

I for one would never play a game that requires of me monthly payment, tfu.OP is salty, let him unwind, holding it in is unhealthy.

If only FFXIV was F2P. I imagine itd be a nice game to unwind in, its certainly a pretty one.

Yeah just gotta stomach the gcd unti higher lvs which is when combat becomes somewhat bearable, so slow at the start.

If you want to see real toxicity in GW2:

1. One-burn your lane at Octovine.
  2. Capture Amber before Indigo.
  3. Open doors "out of order" in a Lab farm.
  4. Ask for a form of KP for your strike team.

This meme that PvE-centric players in this game are somehow nicer is straight up fake news.You want to see the real ugly side of this community?Just do something that makes it take longer for an OW focused player to get their two blues and a green.

ye 1v1 type pvp content is doomed to fail imo since mmos are designed with themed based classes which hard counter each other. the only way it would work out is if everyone had access to the same traits and skills, but that would be boring. I think anything 3v3 and up is fine cuz that's when a team starts forming and classes can cover each others weaknesses. when you build for 1v1 then those weaknesses and strengths become very apparent so buffs and nerfs get dished out but ultimately to no avail.

@UNOwen.7132 said:

@Tayga.3192 said:Dude, why not just go and play FF?

I for one would never play a game that requires of me monthly payment, tfu.OP is salty, let him unwind, holding it in is unhealthy.

If only FFXIV was F2P. I imagine itd be a nice game to unwind in, its certainly a pretty one.

FFXIV is certainly worth your time and money if you want to get away from a PvP game. I have a good friend that plays it, and I have tried it myself. It is good, I just don't want another monthly expense however small. You can play for free up to lvl 50 BTW.

@"Stand The Wall.6987" said:ye 1v1 type pvp content is doomed to fail imo since mmos are designed with themed based classes which hard counter each other. the only way it would work out is if everyone had access to the same traits and skills, but that would be boring. I think anything 3v3 and up is fine cuz that's when a team starts forming and classes can cover each others weaknesses. when you build for 1v1 then those weaknesses and strengths become very apparent so buffs and nerfs get dished out but ultimately to no avail.

Somebody who truly understand....and yet the balance remains focused on 1v1 as basis, not much because it's the right thing to do but rather it's an attempt to keep the "playerbase" happy.....something that can't be achieved and you can easily understand why...but they still try nevertheless , for this very reason I suggest to remove PvP elements of this level from MMOs..so that we don't end up in such situations

@Buran.3796 said:

@"Supreme.3164" said:Gone are the days where PvP were about sportsmanship, love for competition and fairness ...these days it's all about : toxicity , egotism, elitism..you mention. I am very glad that upcoming MMO are dropping the idea of "competitive" PvP and I hope future MMOs will follow the example of
New World
and limit themselves to faction vs faction gameplay, if not entirely at least that should limit the level of toxicity.

They shooted themselves in the foot, then tried to backpedaling but seems that the interest for their game frozed entirely. So far I have 0 interest in it.

+1

Toxicity, 'just close your eyes and enjoy the ride'

XLdZURz.jpg