Best condition build?

Andy.5981

Condition Builds. Its clearly flavour of the month and I'm not that good at build theory/crafting.

Can anyone suggest therefore

a) a decent PvP condition buildb) a decent WvW roaming condition build with a good balance of damage/survivability

Also are there any builds out there that are so toxic that they cause people to fume as much as some of the more toxic thief and necromancer builds?

Its a case of if you cannot beat them join them and then hopefully cause chaos.

i use this:skirmish 3-3-2, ws 1-1-2, slb 3-3-33 traps, lr, entangled/d + shortbow, alpine wolffull trailblazer, rune of trapper, 2x doom energy

in wvw you can spike condis hard on both weapon sets, doom is really nice add.dagger 5 + doom trigger is enough to de-mount people.you will also run into people using cleansing sigils (3 on swap) which kinda counters this build, condi revs will 1 shot you with f2 (which you can't even evade) but mostly you'll run into people you can win or at very least survive as it has quite some sustain, stealth and superspeed

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?POwAUhjlRwkYPsJ2JesXlv3R0F-z5YXGRWBZmC+MA

That’s the build I’ve been playing around with in ranked pvp. It’s not the best, but I am enjoying the bit of synergy in the build from using hawk with a 5~ second slash beast ability and poison master for plenty of poison, weakness and a blind every 12 seconds alongside merging for quickness and a faster channeling primal cry which again, procs weakness and blind if it’s on cooldown. The build has a bit of sustain coming from wilderness survival and predator’s cunning when dodging for protection and inflicting poison, particularly when vipers nest and vultures stance is active. You can also support your team a little with a Bear and Doylak stances when needed, but no where near the support other classes can apply, but it all helps in the end.

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?POgAUZlFw+YeMK2JWcPpt6S+2YA-zVJYkRF/pkpQoXRQHKgQkAKcWW0ZD-w

Full trap build is silly and lacks utility. You just need one for disengaging. This build has a ton of hard cc and immobs and if you get pressured, switch to staff and use spike trap to disengage. I know spike trap has been nerfed heavily, but when you're disengaging you have the option to keep running or turning around to root them and re-engage the fight again.

@"kiwituatara.6053" said:http://gw2skills.net/editor/?POgAUZlFw+YeMK2JWcPpt6S+2YA-zVJYkRF/pkpQoXRQHKgQkAKcWW0ZD-w

Full trap build is silly and lacks utility. You just need one for disengaging. This build has a ton of hard cc and immobs and if you get pressured, switch to staff and use spike trap to disengage. I know spike trap has been nerfed heavily, but when you're disengaging you have the option to keep running or turning around to root them and re-engage the fight again.

This build looks super interesting, and I'll try it out. I'm by no means an above-average player, but I'll see how I go!

Question -- with just the one trap on a 30s CD, do you think that is full use of the trapper runes or could some other runes be used? Or another trap added for something?

Ok. I said it when the patch first dropped that a lot of things seemed viable, even condi ranger. Now with prot holo kinda disappearing there's kinda more space for condi ranger.

The glaring issues of condi ranger are lack of mobility and teamfight presence

And some solutions to that are soulbeast (which also avoids pet death and gets mobility)

Then to all these people running shortbow with the shortbow trait, I feel like it's just better to run a/d s/t or some variant of that maybe even shortbow untraited and take quickdraw....

@Eurantien.4632 said:Ok. I said it when the patch first dropped that a lot of things seemed viable, even condi ranger. Now with prot holo kinda disappearing there's kinda more space for condi ranger.

The glaring issues of condi ranger are lack of mobility and teamfight presence

And some solutions to that are soulbeast (which also avoids pet death and gets mobility)

Then to all these people running shortbow with the shortbow trait, I feel like it's just better to run a/d s/t or some variant of that maybe even shortbow untraited and take quickdraw....

Ok. You are starting to see the light, and I will take that for now.

Soulbeast isn't some solution, it's the only solution. You can't run condi on core or druid for the reason you mentioned - no mobility. If CA was actually useful, I would try druid, but it's not.

Owl. Solves your mobility and teamfight problems. Spiritual Reprieve does 6.4k heals + Resistance in a large aoe, and it can completely turn fights around. For my buddy on his zerker weaver, that's another life. It's like the old druid burst heal, but better cuz of Res.

You can also run black bear and just face tank a team for 7s. With SoS that's 10s, and if that's not enough, you take the self revive GM just to pour salt on the wound. This is just a meme build, but still.

I'm testing a s/t a/d build right now, but piercing shortbow 4 and 5 can turn fights around and I'm addicted to it. If I went with torch, I might drop traps and play oldschool bunker. You can also chain some crazy i-frames with Griffon Stance and Smokescale. I think something stupid like 5s of complete invuln when combined with dagger 4 and sword 3/2 or SB 3.

Shortbow just secures kills, and the damage isn't trivial at all. It also has the sharpest and cleanest evade on a low CD. I take the shortbow GM just for the piercing and the extra long immobilize, nothing else. Actually, it's good to have 3 and 5 on an extra low CD.

@mistsim.2748

I still think at the highest tier condi falls off...

But it has potential and there isnt really anyway to innovate power builds imo.

I think the glory of short bow is wound up in its CC but you can get that with spike trap... I dont like the short bow evade much and quick draw and sword offer more mobility, more evade options, and more utility

You just dont have many (if any) stunbreaks...and I dont think condi damage is enough without extra damage from utilities to be viable.. which is a problem.

@"Andy.5981" said:Thank you for the continued suggestions. Much appreciated

For soulbeast, I started running thishttp://gw2skills.net/editor/?POABw+djlFw+YesH2JeKTnvzBcA-zRJYkx/ZkpUoXVgknlFd2A-e

Sigil and weapon choice is up to you, this is just what I am using right now.

The good thing about condi soulbeast is that you don't need all the dmg boost you get from Beastmaster, so its more versatile.

You get perma protection with reduced incoming dmg and condi dmg. The rune further lowers condi duration by 25%. You get condi clear for (3) survival skills, (<4) dodging with evasive purity, and (4) swapping weapons with cleansing sigil. You also have access to mobility with sword2 and merged F2.

One of the "biggest problems" with trailblazer/dire gear is you never have enough healing to keep up with your vitality, thats why I use a supportive pet, the extra 4k heal is just gonna keep your HP up even more.

@Blixem.2486 said:

@"kiwituatara.6053" said:

This build looks super interesting, and I'll try it out. I'm by no means an above-average player, but I'll see how I go!

Question -- with just the one trap on a 30s CD, do you think that is full use of the trapper runes or could some other runes be used? Or another trap added for something?

The condi duration on trapper runes is nice enough already, and you really only need 1 extra superspeed+stealth. Invisible CC+stealth+superspeed on 30s CD to me isn't that bad

I've been playing a Condi build (a little hybrid) all season with A/D and GS, with no traps. Primal Cry is such a bad skill in PvP to be honest, it's only 3 bleed. So, instead, as I can see already, people go on Support or Stout pets.

As for Sword, they killed it for me when they moved Serpent's Strike around. Logically, you would go Sword for that poison and evade, but it's just not defensive enough now.

I've seen many rangers (all specs) with Shortbow lately. I'm not a fan of SBow in PvP for myself, but I'm glad it's working for you guys.

Condi rangers has diversity right now. Nobody really play the same build, which is good IMO. You see condi : core, druid and sbeast. I've played them all and they all have their own cons and pros.

Watch ANet nerf Condi on rangers and do nothing about Burn guardians (all specs).

Been testing out different variations. The Poison Master/trap/stance Soulbeast build posted in another thread here takes the cake imo. It's seriously good in duels, and has good team fight as well with stances, interrupts, heals, and immobs. Probably the most well-rounded build I've played so far.

@Krispera.5087 said:. Primal Cry is such a bad skill in PvP to be honest, it's only 3 bleed. So, instead, as I can see already, people go on Support or Stout pets.

As for Sword, they killed it for me when they moved Serpent's Strike around. Logically, you would go Sword for that poison and evade, but it's just not defensive enough now.

Agreed on these points. Owl is seriously fucking good guys. Still hits for 5k, has a disengage, and Spiritual Reprieve heals your team for 6.4k + Resistance. Stout for invuln and another stun break.

I tested s/t + a/d, and sword is just trash. Old school condi bunker also just doesn't work due to very low dmg output.

Regarding weapons, axe/d is the obvious choice, but it really doesn't have great sustained damage output, and has no cleave. Winter's Bite is probably one of the best abilities in the game though.

MH dagger does seriously good sustained damage, especially if you run Poison Master, and gives d/d a pretty high damage output. The main reason to go for it though is for additional sustain from Pred Cunning. It's significant, especially when paired with a poison trap.

I don't think hybrid builds have any pressure. Tried them, faced them. I feel they lose to LB/GS as well as any full condi build. So that rules out GS for me.

What's left is...shortbow, but then you gotta run Skirmishing line, which is actually really great for d/d/sb with Healing Spring and Poison Trap. Shortbow actually has really solid damage output when paired with Sharpening Stone or Vulture Stance. This is what I'm running now, and it's probably one of my fav dueling builds.

• 2 weeks later...

@mistsim.2748 said:

@Krispera.5087 said:. Primal Cry is such a bad skill in PvP to be honest, it's only 3 bleed. So, instead, as I can see already, people go on Support or Stout pets.

Agreed on these points. Owl is seriously kitten good guys. Still hits for 5k, has a disengage, and Spiritual Reprieve heals your team for 6.4k + Resistance. Stout for invuln and another stun break.

I tested s/t + a/d, and sword is just trash. Old school condi bunker also just doesn't work due to very low dmg output.

Regarding weapons, axe/d is the obvious choice, but it really doesn't have great sustained damage output, and has no cleave. Winter's Bite is probably one of the best abilities in the game though.

MH dagger does seriously good sustained damage, especially if you run Poison Master, and gives d/d a pretty high damage output. The main reason to go for it though is for additional sustain from Pred Cunning. It's significant, especially when paired with a poison trap.

I don't think hybrid builds have any pressure. Tried them, faced them. I feel they lose to LB/GS as well as any full condi build. So that rules out GS for me.

What's left is...shortbow, but then you gotta run Skirmishing line, which is actually really great for d/d/sb with Healing Spring and Poison Trap. Shortbow actually has really solid damage output when paired with Sharpening Stone or Vulture Stance. This is what I'm running now, and it's probably one of my fav dueling builds.

This sounds awesome. Do you have a link for the build?

@Blitzkrieg.5180 said:

@"Krispera.5087" said:. Primal Cry is such a bad skill in PvP to be honest, it's only 3 bleed. So, instead, as I can see already, people go on Support or Stout pets.

Agreed on these points. Owl is seriously kitten good guys. Still hits for 5k, has a disengage, and Spiritual Reprieve heals your team for 6.4k + Resistance. Stout for invuln and another stun break.

Just use this guy's guide. His poison master stances build got me to Plat 2 easily.

https://en-forum.guildwars2.com/discussion/104347/dagger-dagger-pvp-soulbeast#latest

I tried the build above and it is wrecking people in PvP. I wonder if it can be adapted for WvW as well.

@mistsim.2748 said:

@"Krispera.5087" said:. Primal Cry is such a bad skill in PvP to be honest, it's only 3 bleed. So, instead, as I can see already, people go on Support or Stout pets.

Just use this guy's guide. His poison master stances build got me to Plat 2 easily.

@Blitzkrieg.5180 said:I tried the build above and it is wrecking people in PvP. I wonder if it can be adapted for WvW as well.

It's very good. You gave me the idea to take it into WvW, so I quickly put together a dire/apothecary poison master build (as per the guide) as I was getting tired of projectile hate with the bow. It's very strong in duels as expected, but also in skirmishes. It's very beefy so I'm messing around condi bombing disorganized zerg backliners as well (roots, torch, two traps), seems to work fine. But it's mostly a small scale fight kind of build.

@"Koen.1327" said:http://gw2skills.net/editor/?POwAwiVlVwCZYsJ2JW+O6v/SW0BA-zZwKjMTherAPGA

here is the build that won the monthly tournamentduelist build insanely tanky vs power specs, with heavy defense against condi bursts

very similar to my build I ran in Plat 2.

Not actually my build btw, guide here: https://en-forum.guildwars2.com/discussion/104347/dagger-dagger-pvp-soulbeast#latest

I'm bumping this because this is probably the strongest ranger build for 3's right now. there are a lot of ranger tears going around, but this build is fantastic.

core rangers are honestly kind of trash atm, and I wreck them. They get wrecked in 3's too.

The dueling build "that won the monthly tourney" doesnt quite have enough pressure, and he probably got slightly carried by his team. For pugs, or lower ranked play, you'll need to do more damage, and have some stability (hence the stances).

Rabid ammy is generally a bad idea, given the condi bombs going on now. Carrion or Sage are the way to go.

@mistsim.2748 said:

@"Koen.1327" said:

here is the build that won the monthly tournamentduelist build insanely tanky vs power specs, with heavy defense against condi bursts

Not actually my build btw, guide here:

I'm bumping this because this is probably the strongest ranger build for 3's right now. there are a lot of ranger tears going around, but this build is fantastic.

core rangers are honestly kind of trash atm, and I wreck them. They get wrecked in 3's too.

The dueling build "that won the monthly tourney" doesnt quite have enough pressure, and he probably got slightly carried by his team. For pugs, or lower ranked play, you'll need to do more damage, and have some stability (hence the stances).

Rabid ammy is generally a bad idea, given the condi bombs going on now. Carrion or Sage are the way to go.

the build revolves around rabid amulet and can out sustain pretty much all power classes, this wouldn't be possible with sage or carrion - and given the high regen not even that usefulnot saying this this build isn't flexible, myself using something else as well but look carefully what the meta specs are and how this build comes into place

@Koen.1327 said:

the build revolves around rabid amulet and can out sustain pretty much all power classes, this wouldn't be possible with sage or carrion - and given the high regen not even that usefulnot saying this this build isn't flexible, myself using something else as well but look carefully what the meta specs are and how this build comes into place

no im just saying with all the condis going around in 3's now, it wouldn't work well. using Rabid assumes that you're dealing with meta power builds only, which is the case in high tier play but not anywhere else.

@mistsim.2748 said:

no im just saying with all the condis going around in 3's now, it wouldn't work well. using Rabid assumes that you're dealing with meta power builds only, which is the case in high tier play but not anywhere else.

yeah i agree on 3v3 it's not good at all and you need dmg, go with the build by kraitan indeed ^^