Question in regards to PvE weapons

Kolsyrad.2807

Hey, I am thinking of perhaps picking up Path of Fire for the extra weapons and builds.Question I have is, is rifle Deadeye a good PvE option? Or daggers maybe?

I am not a fan of staff, and daggers and rifle are the weapons appealing to me the most for Thief.How does rifle performe tho? It seems to be solely single-target damage basically and no cleave?When I look at guides and meta builds it mostly just seem to revolve around staff :/.

If you're not sleep walking rifle is good in pve with Collateral Damage. I have a lot of Life Steal and Siphon that all goes off in bursts and consistently so I'll gather agro and pull/guide/turn the agro to funnel and bunch up then I'll start out marking the weakest healthbar and work through the crowd. A good Rifle sequence should kill most of that stuff on the opener or at least before full Malice so you might not even have to Stealth Attack most of the crowd. I like s/d on weapon switch for how I work an area and for breakbars but most of the kits are good. I have a mirror Daredevil template I switch to a lot depending on what I'm looking ahead at with shortbow instead of rifle. If you can pace or stagger Initiative well enough get used to using Kneel & Snipers Cover to set up with for harder & more relentless targets & adds even if you use neither then conserve enough for Death's Retreat off the Cover to stealth and create distance again if you need to and get a cheap Death's Judgment.

I'll be honest though I don't get a huge amount of time to play so I mostly play WvW but the same builds plow through most pve maps fast enough and without a lot of stop and go play.

I've seen benchmarks putting dagger+dagger deadeye and daredevil close to staff at least for autoattacks (~23K vs ~25K) and overall build DPS (~28-29K vs staff 30-31K whereas snowcrows lists 35K with +5 infusions and ideal rotation), so it's mainly the lack of cleave that's a problem for PvE / WVW.