Botting

mexay.3902

This is straight up getting ridiculous. Bots are running rampant and it's pretty clear ANet is doing nothing about it.

Anyone have ideas on how to combat this (other than reporting, which let's be honest does absolutely nothing)?

Getting matched with bots sucks, as does getting matched against them given they're usually hacking as well.

@mexay.3902 said:This is straight up getting ridiculous. Bots are running rampant and it's pretty clear ANet is doing nothing about it.

Anyone have ideas on how to combat this (other than reporting, which let's be honest does absolutely nothing)?

Getting matched with bots sucks, as does getting matched against them given they're usually hacking as well.

to be honest, i no longer blame bots. Why suddenly the increase of large numbers than? Simple answer, PvP is increasing in Toxicity.

The more increase of Toxicity to the environment and to the player experience, the more increase of botting.

Here's the kicker 'joke', they even know how to maneuver in environment better than the player and even outperform the player experience with their own Bad Designs with their Broken skills and their unhealthy mechanics.

Creating An Unhealthy Environment With Toxic Experience, Give Botters Reason To Stay

In other word, What You Give, You Get

-have a good day-

@Burnfall.9573 said:

@mexay.3902 said:This is straight up getting ridiculous. Bots are running rampant and it's pretty clear ANet is doing nothing about it.

to be honest, i no longer blame bots. Why suddenly the increase of large numbers than? Simple answer, PvP is increasing in Toxicity.

The more increase of Toxicity to the environment and to the player experience, the more increase of botting.

Here's the kicker 'joke', they even know how to maneuver in environment better than the player and even outperform the player experience with their own Bad Designs with their Broken skills and their unhealthy mechanics.

Creating An Unhealthy Environment With Toxic Experience, Give Botters Reason To Stay

-have a good day-

Only a minority of players are actually toxic.That's why most of the time, there's only one know-it-all spamming the chat when everyone else ignore them.

The mode itself can be pretty nice. Some people are natural leaders and can lead a team to victory, and there you see a glimpse of what teamwork can actually do and how thrilling it can be.But yeah, leading is hard, insulting teammates is easier... but that's still a minority.

• 3 weeks later...

I realized botting is rampant in G1 and below. It's kind of funny because on one account, I hover around G2-G3, and in this account I was placed into G1. My games went as follows:

game w/ bot: losegame w/bot on other team: wingame w/bot: losegame w/bot: lose

It was literally the same one. I got curious so I played for the last 3-4 days. I steadily dropped into silver as I kept playing with bots and the number of bots increased. I'll be honest, it's pretty demotivating. I can't imagine if I placed into G1 or S3 as a new person (which I kind of am) and going into games with just bots on my team and accumulating losses. Tbh, it's the same bots and same people in S3 really and I'm pretty sure a big reason is due to the bots - quite frankly, I already don't want to touch this account in pvp anymore. I think I've reported the same 4 bots for the last 3-4 days and it's pretty obvious nothing's gonna get done about it.

It's funny because I'm relatively new to PVP, I think I'm getting better at pvp based on my own gameplay. However, my experiences on two accounts are drastically difference: in one, I was lucky and rose to G2-G3 and am getting relatively good games. In the other, I placed into G1 and after 3 days of PvP matches I feel like I never want to touch pvp again not really because of toxicity, or my poor gameplay, but because due to bots the game's just not fun.

Try to think of it as a feature: the bots artificially decrease the queuing time and makes it seem to the uninformed wanderer like the game mode is still active. ANet just needs to improve the scripting of the bots so they don't break immersion and provide a better experience for those who can follow what's happening on their screens.

@Deihnyx.6318 said:

@"mexay.3902" said:This is straight up getting ridiculous. Bots are running rampant and it's pretty clear ANet is doing nothing about it.

-have a good day-

Only a minority of players are actually toxic.

FXLThSZl.jpg