Punishing system

liberte.9648

Hello, I know that title sounds a bit harsh but hear me out until the end. For now if people afk/intentional lose or I don't know something else like swearing or flaming they get a few days off from playing the game. And after that what happens ? They come back and do it all again. My suggestions for this would be, a separate report system, like in other 5v5 games out there. This can be applied very well, maybe you got a bad day, or I don't know you are mad about something already from your day, and come across a troll kid or someone who just discovered this mode, and you somehow lose it, and he reports you "bam" banned and he gets nothing in return. And ofc you get banned from all other activities on your account for that. Now thats out of the way, the real problem is the actual toxic players that are not toxic only by flaming/swearing, but intentionally or unintentionally ruining games (low skill players or new comers in rankpvp) I made a similar post a way back about that the amount of time/game/lv to get into ranked pvp its too low (made an account and in 2-3 days made lvl18 on pvp so yea ) and nothing happened I think (don't know for sure if the requirement for rank pvp its still lv 20) .Possible punishments & solutions

• For flaming/swearing : I think "mute" is the best solution here
  • For Afk/Griefing/Trolling/Low-skill : Place them in separate game pool (so that they can't be matched with good/normal players) for a time, just put them fighting one another and ruin each other games, or just restrict their access from ranked games for a while) I'm telling you it will be way more effective as they'll see those rewards there and only for them to don't be able to play until the season ends, plus for not so skilled players they can practice in non-ranked.
  • Matching players only by their rank number its a hugeee mistake in my opinion (add other things to the algorithm like pvp lvl, stats across games, team impact, capping/decapping, offense/defense) because you'll have good players that are dragged down by the players mentioned up. And be put in the same pool with "same rank players"
  • A bonus side-note : REMOVE and I can't stress this enough, REMOVE the objectives for the daily 2g rewards from ranked-pvp. You can try and throw 100101010101011010 balancing packs for the way the game puts players against each other) I guarantee from 10 players 3-4 are in only for that reward(and if they are put in the same team...RIP). and what did that brings to the game ? You guessed unbalanced games.I realize there are a lot of achievements related to ranked pvp ( some of them can be moved without any problem in normal pvp like the daily 2g gold achie). But instead of banning their accounts for a few days, I think restricting their access from this type of game modes is way better (ofc I have nothing against a perma ban for those afk/griefing/(i dont care about your game am in only for the daily achievement type of players). This way maybe they find other things that they like to do in game, and leave pvp for good, and they won't be back after the ban expires and start all over again).I don't consider myself a "better" player I am just telling what I think would be good for the game . ( I have 1.1k games both rank and unrank maybe this was needed to be mentioned, to keep those " what do you know about the actual game typos away"I think nothing will happen this time too. But hey its worth a shot. Thank you

@liberte.9648 said:

• A bonus side-note : REMOVE and I can't stress this enough, REMOVE the objectives for the daily 2g rewards from ranked-pvp. You can try and throw 100101010101011010 balancing packs for the way the game puts players against each other) I guarantee from 10 players 3-4 are in only for that reward(and if they are put in the same team...RIP). and what did that brings to the game ? You guessed unbalanced games.

I agree with this and think that all PvE style casual grinds like pips should be tweaked and moved to Unranked. If they have to stay in Ranked, at the very least they should be a reward for actually winning and not just for showing up, potentially doing absolutely nothing and still getting rewards for it.

the low priority is a good idea, they could also remove all rewards from ppl there

about the daily, Id say no. Most pve players are highly alergic to pvp, and even to more competitive pve modes. Daily jp/mini dungeon, vista and gather sometimes can be completed faster than your q could pop

but they can't even do something about matches that start 4v5, now imagine implementing a low priority system

@Multicolorhipster.9751 said:I agree with this and think that all PvE style casual grinds like pips should be tweaked and moved to Unranked. If they have to stay in Ranked, at the very least they should be a reward for actually winning and not just for showing up, potentially doing absolutely nothing and still getting rewards for it.

People really want to reduce the players in ranked, huh?Don't forget that queue times will skyrocket and the rank gap between players matched against each other will be even bigger than now.Adding PvE rewards to ranked helped the mode stay at least somewhat populated.

It would be healthy to have unranked give 1 pip for a loss and 3 for a win. Then ranked gets 0 for a loss and 6 for a win.

Now the people in ranked have a pool of people actually trying to win games while the trolls and bots can screw up unranked to their hearts content

@"Fueki.4753" said:People really want to reduce the players in ranked, huh?Don't forget that queue times will skyrocket and the rank gap between players matched against each other will be even bigger than now.Adding PvE rewards to ranked helped the mode stay at least somewhat populated.

I've already been over this with you before and it's clear how you feel there and that your mind can't be changed so i'll just reiterate...

Botting is outright against the rules and botters are the main people to come out on top of that because even if they bug out and run into a wall for an entire match they still get pips towards reward chests.AFKing is too, or at least there's a report option for it so long as you're actually in a match so i'd assume it is.

Personally I believe people who avidly break the rules should be punished and not rewarded. I also don't want to play with them regardless so I don't care if queue times are longer.

TL;DR: Freebie Pips in Ranked =dSvpTxq.gif

@Multicolorhipster.9751 said:Botting is outright against the rules and botters are the main people to come out on top of that because even if they bug out and run into a wall for an entire match they still get pips towards reward chests.AFKing is too, or at least there's a report option for it so long as you're actually in a match so i'd assume it is.

Personally I believe people who avidly break the rules should be punished and not rewarded. I also don't want to play with them regardless so I don't care if queue times are longer.Bots have always been everywhere and will always be everywhere, in WvW, PvE and PvP.That automatically and obviously means, they were in PvP before the addition of PvE rewards. Trying to discuss this means you either had incredible luck back then, or you are just misremembering.That doesn't change the fact that PvE players are saving queue times and diminishing the shrinking of the PvP population.I certainly do not want the return of the disgustingly long queue times we had prior to the addition of PvE rewards.

There is a system in place already:

Rating/Ranking to match low skilled players with other low skilled players. Dishonor against leavers. And reports for people staying in game afk to avoid the dishonor debuff. (Though I heard reporting does nothing. Afaik though the dishonor system is for people disconnecting and leaving and reports are not valid here and only for people staying in game and trying to avoid the debuff by moving around at spawn a bit to stay connected.)

Other than that stronger punishment would reduce the playerbase. (People getting disconnects by accident and bad connection might be discouraged if there was a stronger punishment.)

Just leave it to the rating: Disconnecting often = getting rating loss often and staying in low rating tier.

@Fueki.4753 said:Bots have always been everywhere and will always be everywhere, in WvW, PvE and PvP.

They just go where the money is. Ranked is the single best gold farm in the game. Before ranked you'd see a ton of them all stacked together in certain PvE spots farming mobs for mats. It made some hearts take forever.

That automatically and obviously means, they were in PvP before the addition of PvE rewards. Trying to discuss this means you either had incredible luck back then, or you are just misremembering.That doesn't change the fact that PvE players are saving queue times and diminishing the shrinking of the PvP population.I certainly do not want the return of the disgustingly long queue times we had prior to the addition of PvE rewards.

I never once saw a bot in PvP, Ranked or Unranked until Season 15 personally.If they were there before PvP-Leagues were even a thing, then I didn't see them. Seems like a huge waste of time for them to farm Unranked or hot-joins. Botting for a few silver every game and a reward chest that most people just want to get rid of as soon as they get them ? Most bots are trying to make money; real or virtual, they aren't just botting for the sake of botting. I feel pretty confident saying that's why I never saw them.

The freebie jingle-keys pip farm has been around since Season 1 too. I don't know at which point this made queue times better, because it's always been there. ????

@Multicolorhipster.9751 said:Botting for a few silver every game and a reward chest that most people just want to get rid of as soon as they get them ? Most bots are trying to make money; real or virtual, they aren't just botting for the sake of botting. I feel pretty confident saying that's why I never saw them.

You're just assuming that all bots are used to farm money. Back then the bots possibly were about rank manipulation.Not that I have any proof of that usage.I just know that I've seen them, back when I farmed for my Necro's tribal armour.

@Fueki.4753 said:

@Multicolorhipster.9751 said:I agree with this and think that all PvE style casual grinds like pips should be tweaked and moved to Unranked. If they have to stay in Ranked, at the very least they should be a reward for actually winning and not just for showing up, potentially doing absolutely nothing and still getting rewards for it.

People really want to reduce the players in ranked, huh?Don't forget that queue times
will
skyrocket and the rank gap between players matched against each other will be
even bigger
than now.Adding PvE rewards to ranked helped the mode stay
at least somewhat
populated.

i will gladly wait a few seconds more or minutes instead of playing with brain dead people

@liberte.9648 said:

People really want to reduce the players in ranked, huh?Don't forget that queue times
will
even bigger
at least somewhat
populated.

i will gladly wait a few seconds more or minutes instead of playing with brain dead people

more like dozens of minutes and even sometimes more than an hourIt was terrible back than and it wouldn't better any better these days.

And unless you hard lock the Match maker to only match players at the same rank, you'll have unbalanced matches with Bronze and legends against each other anyway.

@Fueki.4753 said:

will
even bigger
at least somewhat
populated.

more like dozens of minutes and even sometimes more than an hourIt was terrible back than and it wouldn't better any better these days.

And unless you hard lock the Match maker to only match players at the same rank, you'll have unbalanced matches with Bronze and legends against each other anyway.

As I said before a lot of players are or will end up in the wrong rank because of people who would drag them down and a lot of players that are lucky and dont get those guys in their team or actually someone who plays a lot better. thei will carry them to higher ranks and after that he gets matched with same rank guys and guess what..lose because he is in the wrong tier