Why do you keep catering to condi afkers Anet

I think you see it too liniear. Condi dmg can be strong sure, but since most of the builds in most of the metas we have revolve around power. It just sounds as an excuse not to take condi cleanse with you. Maybe you should try playing condi yourself. I highly doubt it is as fast you think, because you have a long ramp up time where most power builds just gonna do 3/4 of an entire healthbar in a blink of a second.

@pninak.1069 said:I think you see it too liniear. Condi dmg can be strong sure, but since most of the builds in most of the metas we have revolve around power. It just sounds as an excuse not to take condi cleanse with you. Maybe you should try playing condi yourself. I highly doubt it is as fast you think, because you have a long ramp up time where most power builds just gonna do 3/4 of an entire healthbar in a blink of a second.

There arent really any power builds that can do that. Not even Power Rev. On the other hand, Condi thief, condi mirage (if protected) and burn guard can do that with ease.

@pninak.1069 said:I think you see it too liniear. Condi dmg can be strong sure, but since most of the builds in most of the metas we have revolve around power. It just sounds as an excuse not to take condi cleanse with you. Maybe you should try playing condi yourself. I highly doubt it is as fast you think, because you have a long ramp up time where most power builds just gonna do 3/4 of an entire healthbar in a blink of a second.

Most condi builds are actually so brainless that I have difficult managing them because my brain dies of boredom.

@UNOwen.7132 said:

@"pninak.1069" said:I think you see it too liniear. Condi dmg can be strong sure, but since most of the builds in most of the metas we have revolve around power. It just sounds as an excuse not to take condi cleanse with you. Maybe you should try playing condi yourself. I highly doubt it is as fast you think, because you have a long ramp up time where most power builds just gonna do 3/4 of an entire healthbar in a blink of a second.

There arent really any power builds that can do that. Not even Power Rev. On the other hand, Condi thief, condi mirage (if protected) and burn guard can do that with ease.

While I do appreciate the "if protected" part, the same is true for literally every other build. I don't see you including those. Hateful much?

@ArlAlt.1630 said:

@"pninak.1069" said:I think you see it too liniear. Condi dmg can be strong sure, but since most of the builds in most of the metas we have revolve around power. It just sounds as an excuse not to take condi cleanse with you. Maybe you should try playing condi yourself. I highly doubt it is as fast you think, because you have a long ramp up time where most power builds just gonna do 3/4 of an entire healthbar in a blink of a second.

While I do appreciate the "if protected" part, the same is true for literally every other build. I don't see you including those. Hateful much?

Mesmer is played. Other similar builds are not. Its that simple.

@NorthernRedStar.3054 said:

Most condi builds are actually so brainless that I have difficult managing them because my brain dies of boredom.

Well, having an AI do all the work is even more braindead

The issue lies in how condition damage works. You only need 1 offensive stat and then can stack vit/toughness.

If you want to do the same damage on power, you need power/prec/fer.

Allowing condi to be tanky as hell and power has to be glass.

@Drennon.7190 said:The issue lies in how condition damage works. You only need 1 offensive stat and then can stack vit/toughness.

You know this is the PvP forum right?

Show me the amulet that has condi/vit/toughness.

We'll all wait.

can we please stop with this nerfing condi into the ground nonsense? Power is clearly the most dominant one and there are a few outliers when it comes to condi but it's mostly power builds, so please stop you are making a fool of yourself.

Classes that possibly outliers:

burn guardCondi rev(Maybe? need info from high-level revs on what they do for condi)Condi holo possibly(need info as well not sure what does condi for them)Condi Weaver(likely outlier but hard to know for sure without playing it on a high level)

Necro has nowhere near as much condi spread due to nerfs over the years and boon corrupt was nerfed quite heftily.I don't see many condi rangers when I do see them.

@Ragnar.4257 said:

@Drennon.7190 said:The issue lies in how condition damage works. You only need 1 offensive stat and then can stack vit/toughness.

You know this is the PvP forum right?

Show me the amulet that has condi/vit/toughness.

We'll all wait.

Sure there’s none that have all three, but you can go carrion, be tanky, have stupid condi damage, and still have power decent power damage on top of it.

Condi damage needs to require more stats. It needs its own version of precision and ferocity.

You can run carrion and take a toughness rune and then you’re tanky as a bunker and do condi damage that burst more than glass cannons.

@UNOwen.7132 said:

power rev, power mirage, power core mesmer, power ranger,holo, core power guard/dh traps can burst people for 75% hp in a blink of an eye, and thats just off the top of my head.condi builds cant do that other then some niche or specific cases like burn buard or mass confusion from condi mesmer into you hurting yourself with confusion.

@Leonidrex.5649 said:

power rev, power mirage, power core mesmer, power ranger,holo, core power guard/dh traps can burst people for 75% hp in a blink of an eye, and thats just off the top of my head.condi builds cant do that other then some niche or specific cases like burn buard or mass confusion from condi mesmer into you hurting yourself with confusion.

People still die to DH traps?

@NorthernRedStar.3054 said:Why, why do you keep catering to bad players?

Because in their desperation to attract “new players” they want to lower the game’s skill ceiling, delete high skill cap builds, and promote easy to play/face-tanking builds.

Anet is doing everything they can to close the gap between skilled players and smooth brains.

To be fair Conditions atm are out of controle ... the only reason why there are more power than condi builds are in meta is. Moste of condition builds are so hard braindead that they dont need rly skill (best seen at condition thief). I mean condition could do more instant burst damage than power now... plus have more defence trait and amulet wise. They rly need to turn down condition damage cause of conditons should work like damage over time and dont doing more burst damage than instant doing damage power damage itself. (sry for bad english)

Edit: They should rework some easy conditionstack skills-traits

@Drennon.7190 said:

people still dont use cleanse?

@Leonidrex.5649 said:

power rev, power mirage, power core mesmer, power ranger,holo, core power guard/dh traps can burst people for 75% hp in a blink of an eye, and thats just off the top of my head.

Power Rev can burst, but not 3/4 in a blink of an eye. Not even really close. Their burst is kinda slow. Effective, but slow. Guardian also cant, they need setup and even then the entire pull part takes a while. Power Mesmer could, but theyre not played.

condi builds cant do that other then some niche or specific cases like burn buard or mass confusion from condi mesmer into you hurting yourself with confusion.

Condi thief, condi mirage and burn guard do it with ease. Thats kinda their gimmick.

I always find it interesting that condi as a whole are badly designed, over powered, super oppressive etc etc when there are a handful of builds that fit that need to need changed.

Like in every discussion about this its always "condi is op? Why because [insert build here] is op!!" or when people try to generalise in an effort to make a generic case but their example points directly to a build..they just don't want to name it to make their claim seem more legit: "condi is op because i get 10 stacks of burning , 5 stacks of poison/confusion/bleeding, 10 stacks of torment and confusion instantly every time" or when scourge was OP "condi covers the whole point all the time".

"condi does more burst that power!!" Does it? and whats to say ti shouldn't have hard hitting combos? For some reason not avoiding attacks and taking 10k damage instantly is fine but also not avoiding attacks and taking 10k damage over 3~5s is bad?

"If i cleanse I just get more on me". Are you supposed to cleanse every condition regardless of stacks and be condi free at all times? Is your opponent supposed to stop trying to best you? I see no complaints about skills being used to mitigate power damage and then enemies continuing to damage you after.

"You can LoS condis / they tick even when you're out of range". If you get hit by an attack , regardless of damage type, you've taken damage. Doesnt matter if its instant or over time. Complaining about this is like saying you got hit by power damage..went out of range and you don't start healing back up just because you're out of range.

Condi in general is fine. There are just outlying builds that use it as a main damage source.

@"Sigmoid.7082" said:I always find it interesting that condi as a whole are badly designed, over powered, super oppressive etc etc when there are a handful of builds that fit that need to need changed.

Because only a handful of condi builds are good. That doesnt mean the general play patterns arent bad. They are, certainly. Its incredibly binary.

Like in every discussion about this its always "condi is op? Why because [insert build here] is op!!" or when people try to generalise in an effort to make a generic case but their example points directly to a build..they just don't want to name it to make their claim seem more legit: "condi is op because i get 10 stacks of burning , 5 stacks of poison/confusion/bleeding, 10 stacks of torment and confusion instantly every time" or when scourge was OP "condi covers the whole point all the time".

Condi is badly designed because its binary. If you have enough condi cleanses you can entirely negate the damage. If you dont, you die and had nothing you could do. The big issue here, besides the existence of cleanses and the way its balanced around that, is that condi application is very unlike power.

"condi does more burst that power!!" Does it? and whats to say ti shouldn't have hard hitting combos? For some reason not avoiding attacks and taking 10k damage instantly is fine but also not avoiding attacks and taking 10k damage over 3~5s is bad?

Because when I take 10k damage from a power build, I failed to avoid highly telegraphed attacks like Eviscerate or Grenade Barrage or what have you. There was a failure to stop the damage. The same cant be said for condis. Condi application broadly fall into 2 categories, "instant cast skills", and "on-X effects". Obviously you cant avoid the first. But you also cant avoid the second because theyll just stay there, locked and loaded, until you get hit by any attack (yes, that includes instant cast skills). That is the big difference between the damage types, and the reason its badly designed.

"If i cleanse I just get more on me". Are you supposed to cleanse every condition regardless of stacks and be condi free at all times? Is your opponent supposed to stop trying to best you? I see no complaints about skills being used to mitigate power damage and then enemies continuing to damage you after.

"You can LoS condis / they tick even when you're out of range". If you get hit by an attack , regardless of damage type, you've taken damage. Doesnt matter if its instant or over time. Complaining about this is like saying you got hit by power damage..went out of range and you don't start healing back up just because you're out of range.

As said above, the difference is in how its applied. If condi was applied the same way power was, itd be a different story. But its not.

Condi in general is fine. There are just outlying builds that use it as a main damage source.

Condi is badly designed. Overpowered it usually isnt, also because of how badly designed it is and how binary cleanses make it.

@Leonidrex.5649 said:

There’s not enough cleanse in the game for the cancer that everyone plays.

@Drennon.7190 said:

@NorthernRedStar.3054 said:Why, why do you keep catering to bad players?

Because in their desperation to attract “new players” they want to lower the game’s skill ceiling, delete high skill cap builds, and promote easy to play/face-tanking builds.

Anet is doing everything they can to close the gap between skilled players and smooth brains.

I have noticed, thank you very much.

@Drennon.7190 said:

I have 1 condi cleanse every 30s and im doing guchi

@Leonidrex.5649 said:

Im gonna doubt that, because that gets messed up real bad by condi theif, or even condi engineer.

@UNOwen.7132 said:

Im gonna doubt that, because that gets messed up real bad by condi theif, or even condi engineer.

Double on that, the guy's lying.