Signet of Illusion Change

miracleHat.2435

Currently the utility skill Signet of Illusions can setup sustained-distortion uptime that is too long and creates an unhealthy, unbalanced, and unfun gameplay experience. Therefore to limit the rate that this skill can be abused the following changes are proposed.Skills:Signet of Illusions:This skill's recharge is reduced from 60 seconds to 50 seconds. This skill now recharges shatters based on the number of active clones you have summoned. 0 Clones will reset Mind Wrack. 1 Clone will reset Mind Wrack and Cry of Frustration. 2 Clones will reset Mind Wrack, Cry of Frustration, and Diversion. 3 Clones will reset Mind Wrack, Cry of Frustration, Diverison, and Distortion. When Chronomancer traitline is active: 1 clone will reset Split Second, 2 clones will reset Split Second and Rewinder, 3 clones will reset Split Second, Rewinder, and Time Sink.

This will allow players to reset their f1-f2 skills for a burst, if necessary, but force them to manage their skills and clones better to get optimal value of the skill and reset f3-f4 skills. Currently it is too easy to combine this skill with Distortion to have a permanent invulnerability. By tying the functionality of this skill to the number of active clones, it creates a more dynamic, engaging, and fun gameplay experience.

Sure as soon as they give us back our dodge, they can delete the damn signet for all I care. Truth to the matter is that no1 was slotting SoI before the 1 endurance bar change. It's only slotted to offset the braindead lazy nerf that ANet went with, due to their inability to properly balance Mesmer and not for lack of trying on the Mesmer community.

@"ArlAlt.1630" said:Sure as soon as they give us back our dodge, they can delete the kitten signet for all I care.

^This.

Also it wasn't that no one was slotting it, that's not exactly true. But it was definitely in response to the constant stream of survivability nerfs.Anyone else remember when they said they wanted mirage to last long in a fight? Good times.

Also mirrors are still inferior to a dodge on demand, and other classes still get more. So if mirage is "unhealthy, unbalanced, and unfun" where does that leave the other classes like Thief and Ranger (among others) who have more active on demand defensive options.IF clones are the answer well the two I specified have better stealth access which unlike a target drop makes you untargetable with no indication of where you may be.

This was brought up in a stream earlier today and the more I think about it, it's not a good change.

Chrono would have practically no value with it, then again Chrono has no value right now. Mesmer sustain would take a significant hit which seeing as how it only has on dodge now, can't afford another.

I dont get this point honestly, if you play mesmer you know why every build uses it, if you dont play mesmer you should wine about mesmer in pvp since devs dont visit this subforumyou would earn extra points from all mesmer haters that would flock the post too ;pim gonna do social experiment and post it in pvp xd