Viable Power Ranger builds?

NorthernRedStar.3054

@Abyssisis.3971 said:I have retired my pew pew power ranger after 1000 hours on it, and with all the nerfs to power, it might be better to look into a hybrid grieving axe/dagger build.

Yeah feels like you got 2 options of you wanna play power now: shiro rev, or mesmer. Everything else is just unsatisfying and you're better off playing condi and easily outsustaining all power damage.

@NorthernRedStar.3054 said:

@Abyssisis.3971 said:I have retired my pew pew power ranger after 1000 hours on it, and with all the nerfs to power, it might be better to look into a hybrid grieving axe/dagger build.

Yeah feels like you got 2 options of you wanna play power now: shiro rev, or mesmer. Everything else is just unsatisfying and you're better off playing condi and easily outsustaining all power damage.

There is always the good old fashioned power trap dragon hunter.... just had a match with 4 of them in it ahha

If you just mean power, core ranger is fine, druid is ok, boonbeast with the same utilities as those other two is good.

If you wanna go glass you either need yo duo queue with another "sturdy" dps like dps holo or weaver or somethin and just 2v1 their side noder if it hits your home then zerg the map and repeat.

OR you probably need to be in the "thief" roll and kill their thief... which is easier said than done when your team probably already has a thief and they aren't as easy to kill right now with shadow arts and/or condi

@"Eurantien.4632" said:If you just mean power, core ranger is fine, druid is ok, boonbeast with the same utilities as those other two is good.

If you wanna go glass you either need yo duo queue with another "sturdy" dps like dps holo or weaver or somethin and just 2v1 their side noder if it hits your home then zerg the map and repeat.

OR you probably need to be in the "thief" roll and kill their thief... which is easier said than done when your team probably already has a thief and they aren't as easy to kill right now with shadow arts and/or condi

Honestly, if I consider the ups and downs and compare dps between them, thief takes the cake for me. So playing ranger as a roamer isn't really something I roll to do.

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?POwAweNlFw6YeMQGKeSXXP9SkYRA-zZIPBBOA

Build is meant for roaming, had good mobility for it, can 1v1 pretty ok too. It has good ranged damage, and in melee range u can absolutly destroy players(multiple players) in a shorttime. the pull on f3 is followed by taunt, grants quickness so u can pull/taunt multiple players into your axe 5.

I think its really fun to play, and because u can get so much damage in quickly on node u can turn fights absolutly around. for instance yesterday i played it, i saw my sidenoder getting 2 v 1'd i came too late to help, cuz he was downed already and the rev/thief were cleaving the downed teamm8.I managed to leap in, pull/taunt axe 5 them and kill them both and ress my buddy.Still i think core ranger is better 1v1er but one should also look at what u enjoy playing and what suits your style etc