PvP Amulets and Runes

The health tier system is a little archaic at this point.

Some people want to keep amulets and runes that seem broken.

Don't want them removed.

Want to keep them, and this is despite their obvious advantages.

I want to propose that overly defensive amulets come with negative stats.

Remember in GW1 when you chose the highest level runes with offensive capability, they took away health.

The highest level defensive runes offered no offensive traits.

A trade off, if you will.

There is where you can be creative without completely removing things.

Some things need penalties.

That of course naturally would mean offensive boosts as well.

For instance, the Knight Amulet that was removed was +900 Power +900 Precision +1200 Toughness

Marauder Amulet is +1000 Power +1000 Precison +500 Vitality +500 Ferocity

Both have 3000 stat points, but one is considered more balanced than another.

Why?

Who knows?

So, I recommend every amulet you make would be 4 stats, 3 positive and 1 negative.

@Scoobaniec.9561 said:How about we remove amulet system completely and let us select custom stats like in wvw/pve?Yeah nah.

If anything WvW should use the PvP amulet system. While the novelty of roaming with stats like Dire or Trailblazer and going 1vX without ever feeling in danger is fun. It's beyond broken.

Reminder stats were never the problemAlrighty. Lets add Minstrel, Nomad, Trailblazer and Dire to PvP.

@Aktium.9506 said:

@"Scoobaniec.9561" said:How about we remove amulet system completely and let us select custom stats like in wvw/pve?Yeah nah.

If anything WvW should use the PvP amulet system. While the novelty of roaming with stats like Dire or Trailblazer and going 1vX without ever feeling in danger is fun. It's beyond broken.

Reminder stats were never the problemAlrighty. Lets add Minstrel, Nomad, Trailblazer and Dire to PvP.

Yes. Lets add these stats in and rebalance condition damage. Its been 8yrs. Like i said stats arent a problem, its broken mechanics. Daily reminder that condition damage needs just one stats while power require 3. If thats not broken then idk what is.

Cage if you think any competitive game in market removes an item due to 1 hero/build overperforming with it. Like i mentioned in another thread

"Mercury and Golden Blade quickly became best friends, allowing Mercury to quickly clear any jungle camps with ease and dealing some heavy splash damage. While we feel Golden Blade is relatively balance when used with normal Basic Attacks, the interaction with Made You Look has proven to be too strong. With this interaction existing Mercury either needs to rely on Golden Blade or Golden Blade needs to be weak enough that it really is only usable with Mercury.

Rather than overnerf Golden Blade, Made You Look is getting a tweak in how it functions. While it can still Crit, it will no longer trigger Basic Attack items and will now proc Ability item effects. In a previous patch we increased the cooldown of Made You Look to help keep his clear speed with Golden Blade in check, but with this change we can reduce the cooldown back to 8s"

Ofc low skill casual gw2 playerbase is clueless so they will ask for removing items/nerfs rather than push devs for a proper reworks of combat systems. No wonder why this game is dying.

@Scoobaniec.9561 said:Yes. Lets add these stats in and rebalance condition damage. Its been 8yrs. Like i said stats arent a problem, its broken mechanics. Daily reminder that condition damage needs just one stats while power require 3. If thats not broken then idk what is.Except no one with more than two braincells isn't aware that the main problems with condition damage is the spamminess of application combined with the spamminess of cleanse on top of the fact that conditions can't crit. If you rebalanced conditions along longer durations and less cleanse (yes I know they started doing this but it has barely changed anything aside from removing extreme outliers of condi burst) in the game as well as making conditions able to crit and be affected by ferocity. Then yes, the end product would be much more balanced. But doing so is an immensely massive workload that would overshadow even Feb 25 patch many times over. Why would they do that when you can just delete an amulet instead?

@Scoobaniec.9561 said:

@Scoobaniec.9561 said:How about we remove amulet system completely and let us select custom stats like in wvw/pve?Yeah nah.

Yes. Lets add these stats in and rebalance condition damage. Its been 8yrs. Like i said stats arent a problem, its broken mechanics. Daily reminder that condition damage needs just one stats while power require 3. If thats not broken then idk what is.

Cage if you think any competitive game in market removes an item due to 1 hero/build overperforming with it. Like i mentioned in another thread

"Mercury and Golden Blade quickly became best friends, allowing Mercury to quickly clear any jungle camps with ease and dealing some heavy splash damage. While we feel Golden Blade is relatively balance when used with normal Basic Attacks, the interaction with Made You Look has proven to be too strong. With this interaction existing Mercury either needs to rely on Golden Blade or Golden Blade needs to be weak enough that it really is only usable with Mercury.

Rather than overnerf Golden Blade, Made You Look is getting a tweak in how it functions. While it can still Crit, it will no longer trigger Basic Attack items and will now proc Ability item effects. In a previous patch we increased the cooldown of Made You Look to help keep his clear speed with Golden Blade in check, but with this change we can reduce the cooldown back to 8s"

Ofc low skill casual gw2 playerbase is clueless so they will ask for removing items/nerfs rather than push devs for a proper reworks of combat systems. No wonder why this game is dying.

you're literally low level

@DoritoGod.5817 said:

Legend from s1 to 4 then dropped the game. Master in Smite. Meanwhile who are you? Nobody, just a random that i would own despite being rusty

@Aktium.9506 said:

@Scoobaniec.9561 said:Yes. Lets add these stats in and rebalance condition damage. Its been 8yrs. Like i said stats arent a problem, its broken mechanics. Daily reminder that condition damage needs just one stats while power require 3. If thats not broken then idk what is.Except no one with more than two braincells isn't aware that the main problems with condition damage is the spamminess of application combined with the spamminess of cleanse on top of the fact that conditions can't crit. If you rebalanced conditions along longer durations and less cleanse (yes I know they started doing this but it has barely changed anything aside from removing extreme outliers of condi burst) in the game as well as making conditions able to crit and be affected by ferocity. Then yes, the end product would be much more balanced. But doing so is an immensely massive workload that would overshadow even Feb 25 patch many times over. Why would they do that when you can just delete an amulet instead?

Current condition damage does not exists in any game im aware of. There are some abilities that do dot damage but they scale off power anyway since theres no second source of damage. That alone should tell which direction they should take. It was always a battle of applying conditions vs cleansing them making conditions either too weak or too strong. As i see it conditions should be reduced to debuffs instead of being a source of damage with condition cleanse nerfed globally. Bc the truth is they cant balance condi dmg in current state. And while we are at it cripple should be changed to prevent usage of mobility skills. It was overshadowed by chill since.. forever

@Scoobaniec.9561 said:condition damage needs just one stats while power require 3. If thats not broken then idk what is.That statement showcases even less competence on your side, than anet brings to the table.

@"Stand The Wall.6987" said:I think building your own amulet with stat selection can work but you gotta make it so you can't stack condi damage/ healing power with heavy toughness/ vitality.Even this can work, if the game is properly designed (which it isn't).

Example: Even in the worst condi mirage days you could have balanced the build by changing skill mechanics while not even touching damage numbers, so that the damage would have been much harder to apply, leaving the target more time to counterplay.

Anet is the master of "not fun to play against". The whole deadeye spec is poof for that. The attribute combination becomes almost irrelevant.

@Scoobaniec.9561 said:

Legend from s1 to 4 then dropped the game. Master in Smite. Meanwhile who are you? Nobody, just a random that i would own despite being rusty

r1 season 5 (the most competitive season ever) if you take out nos and naru cheating for 1 and 2. 5x mat won, $5k dollars won from ESL+PL+world championships. highest paid dragonhunter in the history of gw2. bes. also im pr'd in my smash region :)

Everyones health should be equalized at 15k. That way all amulets could be viable for all classes. Having some classes at 11k like gaurd ele and thf make it practically impossible for those classes to run beserker ammy or any other power only based build, buut war necro and everyother class can run beserker ammy no problem and dont have to suffer with insufficient hp pools against classes that litterally have 2x the amount of hp with the same ammy setup.