[Open world] Passive damage build

Aigleborgne.2981

I'm new to engineer and I'm planning my leveling build (and more if it is good).http://en.gw2skills.net/editor/?PeyAQp7lFwqYXsMWKOuTZrXA-zxIY7omvUaKCqoACPESPBUbWkf0C-e

Damage is capitalized on these traits:

• Explosive Entrance
  • Aim-Assist Rocket
  • Takedown Round
  • Static Discharge

I'm using Alchemy along with Elixirs and Pack rune to get mass boons, including perma vigor.Vigor with Adrenal Implant to maximise dodge. Each dodge will refresh Explosive Entrance.Aim-Assist Rocket is garanteed to proc with my 100% critical hit chance with fury.

Static Discharge is low value because I don't have short cooldown toolbet skills. I am considering Riffle turret for this task, but I will loose some precious exilir then.Regarding elixirs, I can switch them depending on situation.

Please note that I don't really like kits, so I don't use them. Mortar kit is mostly there because I like its toolbelt skill.

What do you think about this build ?

@Aigleborgne.2981 said:

Damage is capitalized on these traits:

• Explosive Entrance
  • Aim-Assist Rocket
  • Takedown Round
  • Static Discharge

These skills have CD. Can at better case used as minor additional damage, at ranged with rifle (Aim-Assist Rocket requires least 450 range).You could equip Rifle Turret for static discharge, vigor and damage; also equip Bomb or Flamethrower for melee situations.

@Dawdler.8521 said:Not sure why you'd use S and R in PvE... At least U is an obvious choice instead. I would prolly pick bombkit too. Aim assisted rocket is kitten due to the minimum range (you're gonna end up in melee range in PvE most of the time anyway).

@JETWING.2759 said:These skills have CD. Can at better case used as minor additional damage, at ranged with rifle (Aim-Assist Rocket requires least 450 range).You could equip Rifle Turret for static discharge, vigor and damage; also equip Bomb or Flamethrower for melee situations.

Explosive Entrance doesn't have CD but requires a dodge to refresh. My build is focused on this and Exilir R adds 2 dodges every 30s.I'm aware about AAR minimum range, but it is great at opening, possibly one shot something, and then you often have ranged mobs that will shoot from distance.

Lastly, Elixirs S and R adds a lot of defensive measures. Elixir U ? Toolbet seems weak and 6s of quickness every 40s is nice but it seems rather weak compared to other elixirs?Melee situation are indeed a problem, what about Rocket Boot to limit those situations, I saw it is great to create distance. I was able to kite a champion with those.

@Aigleborgne.2981 said:

Explosive Entrance doesn't have CD but requires a dodge to refresh. My build is focused on this and Exilir R adds 2 dodges every 30s.I'm aware about AAR minimum range, but it is great at opening, possibly one shot something, and then you often have ranged mobs that will shoot from distance.

Melee situation are indeed a problem, what about Rocket Boot to limit those situations, I saw it is great to create distance. I was able to kite a champion with those.

It's realy very fun at distance. You ll be happy almost all time. :)

@Samug.6512 said:Your build sounds everything but passive tbh. Why not just go the good ol' flamethrower scrapper with alchemy? Perma quickness, lots of mights and fury, immunity to CC just by holding flamethrower and pressing 1

Because I want to feel more like an engineer? Those traits fit the theme nicely even if some of them could work with flamethrower. AAR would not and I want it.It's somehow passive because those traits do high damage and I don't need to swap anything.

I have just tested AAR, Explosive Entrance, with sigil of air with my level 26 engineer, I could one shot most target if all criticals. It was fun! I also like that occasional orbital strike from AAR.

I will try elixir U when unlocked.

@Samug.6512 said:Your build sounds everything but passive tbh. Why not just go the good ol' flamethrower scrapper with alchemy? Perma quickness, lots of mights and fury, immunity to CC just by holding flamethrower and pressing 1

What is a good OW flamethrower build? I have looked and there seems to be a debate between power and hybrid.

@Visceroff.7038 said:

What is a good OW flamethrower build? I have looked and there seems to be a debate between power and hybrid.

I'd just go full diviner with pack runes, firearms for juggernaut, alchemy for hgh and backpack regen, scrapper for might on stab, additional damage with stability, quickness trait. Elixir H/Gyro heal, Flamethrower, Elixir U, Elixir B/Bulwark Gyro. Mortar for some range pewpew. Hammer for CC, cleansing sigil to deal with condi, boon duration or some stacking sigil for pure damage.