[Suggestion] Right-click to inspect

I usually see players with very nice looking gear (Armor combinations/transmutation, outfits, weapon skins) and then I wonder what they are wearing. Then I miss the possibility to right-click and inspect the character like I can in other games like LotRO.

I would love to see this added to the game. This would make fashion wars a bit more easy. Maybe with an opt-in privacy option who do not want to be inspected.

@"Tanner Blackfeather.6509" said:I'd love a skin only (like OP) inspect feature!

I was about to say this, but you beat me to it.

I don't mind people looking at me and going "oh what's that skin?" and then just being able to inspect me to find out. I do mind, however, players inspecting me and scoffing and kicking me from a dungeon because I'm not in full zerker ascended/legendary gear. Making it easier to identify skins is good, but letting people see our actual gear and stats makes for elitism and conflict. I know this from first-hand experience playing FFXIV.

I love when people ask me what the skin is, or what outfit I'm wearing, or what staff this is, or whatever. It's one of the core aspects of the game that I've loved because it isn't invasive like a 'right click to inspect' is. I've had people in LotRO come up to me and just tell me 'Your stats could be better, here let me tell you all about it' when that was absolutely not what I was here for or I was on a crafting alt, etc. You know. Gaming and the internet being what they are. There's nothing I love more than purple text and "OOH I LOVE YOUR SHOES WHAT ARE THEY?" or "How can I get that helm? What is it?" or "Nice outfit!" and a conversation that follows while waiting for Teq, or doing Golem, or looking around at Fire Ele. It's honestly what makes this game so nice and so much different from every other, since people are so happy to answer you and strike up a conversation usually.

Skin-only inspect would be nice. It could drive achievement hunting, trading post interaction, etc.

But I always feel bad when I get those questions while rocking an Outfit or some skin that isn't available. I have to sheepishly report that I bought it or that some item came from a historical event 4 years ago. Feels bad, man. :no_mouth:

Instead of an "inspect" function, why not maybe a "preview" function on players that lets you see all the skins they have but on your own character like the preview function we have now. That way, no stats/runes/sigils would be seen, only the skin like has been suggested by others?

Archived