Another broken and overlooked rez utility.

Throw elixir R, it is unblockable, 72s cd when traited, rezzes 17% per tick, 6 ticks... it can rez 102% of someone's HP, 1200 range, 180 radius...

You can kill someone. Their whole team can jump on a body... get cleaved out and rezzed still...

Why are there easy to use, super high value rez utilities, that are basically uninterruptible, still in the game?

*Edited with new info

@UNOwen.7132 said:Its 10 ticks over 10 seconds. With 17% per second. Thats barely faster than just someone actually ressing. If you cant do enough damage to counteract Toss Elixir R, you cant counteract a bunker ressing them either.

This rezzes more than a single person, and when traited lasts for 12s. Even If you cleave out the bunker... the elixir will just rez them too...

@Eurantien.4632 said:

@UNOwen.7132 said:Its 10 ticks over 10 seconds. With 17% per second. Thats barely faster than just someone actually ressing. If you cant do enough damage to counteract Toss Elixir R, you cant counteract a bunker ressing them either.

This rezzes more than a single person, and when traited lasts for 12s. Even If you cleave out the bunker... the elixir will just rez them too...

The point of cleave is to hit multiple people, so ressing multiple folks isnt a big deal. Its duration also doesnt really matter. They get stomped long before that.

Revive traits are standardized at 1-5% per second because these traits are passive, and occur by simply pressing F on downed bodies. They grant a minor increase to rezzing speed with various utility effects attatched.

Revive utilities are much more potent due to the fact that they consume a utility slot. These are what Toss Elixir R should be compared to. How does it stack up?

Compared to revive signets, Elixir R trades potency for reliability. Signets are capable of instantly resurrecting multiple targets at range, but are balanced with lengthy 2 second cast times. Elixir R will most likely not be inturrpted, but the reward is much lower.

Compared to other revive utilities, Elixir R trades utility for potency. Merciful Intervention only pulses once for 20%, but it has a fraction of the cooldown, is useful as a burst heal, grants fury, and is a mobility tool.

Search and Rescue has a shorter cooldown, applies boons, and teleports your ally to you. You can use this to teleport downed bodies out of the enemy's cleave, or outplay stomps.

Even when factoring in the Elixir skill, I'd argue that it's roughly on par with other revive utilities. I'd personally rather have Signet of Mercy/Signet of Undeath on my team than Toss Elixir R, but each has their pros and cons.

Edit: Looks like Arthur beat me to the punch.

@ArthurDent.9538 said:

@"Odik.4587" said:All revive skills ~ 1-5% per sec, engi - 17% .L2P issue, I guess :)

Ignores

You arent looking smarter by comparing apples and oranges, just letting you know

@Odik.4587 said:

@Odik.4587 said:All revive skills ~ 1-5% per sec, engi - 17% .L2P issue, I guess :)

Ignores

You arent looking smarter by comparing apples and oranges, just letting you know

You can interrupt all of those, you can even interrupt Nature Renewal during the summon or before it ports in by interrupting the ranger OR you can interrupt the spirit itself. All of these things you linked have a cast time, a decent CD, and/or a cost added to them like signet of undeath.

Toss elixir R has a 1/4s cast time.

These also only work in one instant, they don't keep working over a duration...

... your comment must be applying to yourself because these offer a lot more counterplay than Toss Elixir R does.

@Kuma.1503 said:Revive traits are standardized at 1-5% per second because these traits are passive, and occur by simply pressing F on downed bodies. They grant a minor increase to rezzing speed with various utility effects attatched.

Revive utilities are much more potent due to the fact that they consume a utility slot. These are what Toss Elixir R should be compared to. How does it stack up?

Compared to revive signets, Elixir R trades potency for reliability. Signets are capable of instantly resurrecting multiple targets at range, but are balanced with lengthy 2 second cast times. Elixir R will most likely not be inturrpted, but the reward is much lower.

Compared to other revive utilities, Elixir R trades utility for potency. Merciful Intervention only pulses once for 20%, but it has a fraction of the cooldown, is useful as a burst heal, grants fury, and is a mobility tool.

Search and Rescue has a shorter cooldown, applies boons, and teleports your ally to you. You can use this to teleport downed bodies out of the enemy's cleave, or outplay stomps.

Even when factoring in the Elixir skill, I'd argue that it's roughly on par with other revive utilities. I'd personally rather have Signet of Mercy/Signet of Undeath on my team than Toss Elixir R, but each has their pros and cons.

Search and Rescue bugs out all the time, it really doesn't work, you also can't kill elixir R, you can't interrupt elixir R once it's down, and pet's don't rez multiple people or port multiple peopel (on the rare chances it actually does something). You also can't use any pet skills or your pet stops rezzing.

• should toxx elixir R lock out your tool bar for the duration too?

Merciful intervention only rezzes for 5% in PvP

@Eurantien.4632 said:

@Kuma.1503 said:Revive traits are standardized at 1-5% per second because these traits are passive, and occur by simply pressing F on downed bodies. They grant a minor increase to rezzing speed with various utility effects attatched.

Revive utilities are much more potent due to the fact that they consume a utility slot.
These are what Toss Elixir R should be compared to
. How does it stack up?

Search and Rescue bugs out all the time, it really doesn't work, you also can't kill elixir R, you can't interrupt elixir R once it's down, and pet's don't rez multiple people or port multiple peopel (on the rare chances it actually does something). You also can't use any pet skills or your pet stops rezzing.

I haven't any instances of SnR bugging out. What is the bug, and in what situations do you notice it the most?

Ty for pointing out the PvP Nerf on MI. It is not my goal to spread misinfirmation, so make sure to double check my facts before posting, but missed this little factoid by not scrolling down on the wiki.

@Eurantien.4632 said:

@Odik.4587 said:All revive skills ~ 1-5% per sec, engi - 17% .L2P issue, I guess :)

Ignores

You can interrupt all of those, you can even interrupt Nature Renewal during the summon or before it ports in by interrupting the ranger OR you can interrupt the spirit itself. All of these things you linked have a cast time, a decent CD, and/or a cost added to them like signet of undeath.

your comment must be applying to yourself because these offer a lot more counterplay than Toss Elixir R does
.I think you have missed massive sarcasm in my post. It was sooooooooooo obvious that I didnt put /s there. You gotta adress your post to the dude who made all this links to full-revive utilities.Speaking of "counterplay" there is only 1, knockback the body out of elixir and very few skills can do this.

@Kuma.1503 said:

Revive utilities are much more potent due to the fact that they consume a utility slot.
These are what Toss Elixir R should be compared to
. How does it stack up?

I haven't any instances of SnR bugging out. What is the bug, and in what situations do you notice it the most?

Ty for pointing out the PvP Nerf on MI. It is not my goal to spread misinfirmation, so make sure to double check my facts before posting, but missed this little factoid by not scrolling down on the wiki.

The trait works fine, but I have had multiple instances where the terrain pathing isn't ideal and the pet can't do anything. The skill goes on CD and nothing happens. I'll have to test it more, it could be from fear ring or something CCing the pet during it's journey to the downed body so it gets interrupted

@Odik.4587 said:

Ignores

your comment must be applying to yourself because these offer a lot more counterplay than Toss Elixir R does
.I think you have missed massive sarcasm in my post. It was sooooooooooo obvious that I didnt put /s there. You gotta adress your post to the dude who made all this links to full-revive utilities.Speaking of "counterplay" there is only 1, knockback the body out of elixir and very few skills can do this.

Ah my bad, yes. The 1 counterplay for elixir R - which also works for every rez utility

@Eurantien.4632 said:

Ignores

Ah my bad, yes. The 1 counterplay for elixir R - which also works for every rez utility

There's also apply poison, poison reduces the revive percentage to a little under 12% per pulse which means at 40% health they take 5s to fully revive, much longer than other revive skills. That's the drawback of this rez skill, that it takes time to revive, that doesn't mean I think it's balanced in it's current state, just that if you're going to recommend changes for it then that's probably the avenue to go down, reduce it's revive percentage.

@Odik.4587 said:

Ignores

ironically engi has most of them lul

@apharma.3741 said:

Ignores

There's also apply poison, poison reduces the revive percentage to a little under 12% per pulse which means at 40% health they take 5s to fully revive, much longer than other revive skills. That's the drawback of this rez skill, that it takes time to revive, that doesn't mean I think it's balanced in it's current state, just that if you're going to recommend changes for it then that's probably the avenue to go down, reduce it's revive percentage.

It should be 5%, in line with the rest.

@Eurantien.4632 said:

Ignores

5% would literally make it useless, you start at 75% health downed so it would take 5s to rez anyone and that's assuming no-one does anything. Cleave or poison would basically mean the rez doesn't in anything but a 1v1 and even then it's debatable if the rez would go off if you had poison applied.

Instead of nuking from orbit (5% x12 = 60% which is NOT in line) a sensible place to put it would be 12% which is in line with the -30% healing most skills received.

@apharma.3741 said:

Ignores

5% would literally make it useless, you start at 75% health downed so it would take 5s to rez anyone and that's assuming no-one does anything. Cleave or poison would basically mean the rez doesn't in anything but a 1v1 and even then it's debatable if the rez would go off if you had poison applied.

Instead of nuking from orbit (5% x12 = 60% which is NOT in line) a sensible place to put it would be 12% which is in line with the -30% healing most skills received.

5% per tick is still better than every other non-instant rez utility. Merciful Intervention went from 20% to 5% a 75% nerf.

Ritual of life blood well rez went from 4% per tick down to 1% per tick. A 75% nerf

Putting Toss Elixir R at 5% per tick would still be better than these.

@Eurantien.4632 said:

Ignores

5% per tick is still better than every other non-instant rez utility. Merciful Intervention went from 20% to 5% a 75% nerf.

Ritual of life blood well rez went from 4% per tick down to 1% per tick. A 75% nerf

Putting Toss Elixir R at 5% per tick would still be better than these.

Both those skills you mention heal the user unlike Toss Elixir R which only heals downed players.The first is on half the cool down traited compared to traited Toss Elixir R, because if you compare a traited cool down you should compare to another traited cool down.The second is a trait not a slotted skill and likewise also has a much shorter cool down.This is without mentioning anything extra these do or their intended use not being specific to rezzing people.

What is it with you ranger mains that makes you compare apples to oranges then produce a pineapple and declare it to be an apple because it has apple in the name?

elixir r doesnt pulse every second, so its more like 7s every secondit should obviously be put in line with the rest of the pulsing rezzes, personally i dont play ranger and i think SnR is fine as its a pretty weak skill, and rangers utils are pretty important so you do drop ALOTall full rezzes like glyph, signets, banner, rez spirits are fine tho, dont touch them, its a player skill issue when people let these go through everytime