[WvW/video] Showcasing core P/S power in group fights

Shroud.2307

editYou know, rewatching these, I'm not doing much of anything for the most part. Hope if anyone decides to watch it's still at least entertainment.

As I've mentioned previously, this is a build I've been using for a while now and have been having a lot of success with. Although it has some very obvious weaknesses, what it excels at it does very well. You can see how high my durability is, how much recovery potential I have and how much cleave I can contribute in fights. 69% Boon Duration btw ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°).

This isn't the best or most exciting game play, and by no means am I saying this build is S tier. I just wanted to share some footage of how it can perform in a group setting to maybe inspire people to give it a shot, and to show off a build I'm very proud of making.

I apologize for my wonky camera work, I probably have some of the worst keybinds ever, but it's how I learned to play the game so I make due.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pm35fMxA0ok

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=51vxzo7Rozw

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LyvvddMqSYY

Well anything goes when pugzerging, heh.

I find kit heavy builds very distracting to more important manouvering, not to mention at least one of the kits will usually be dead weight.

Personally I would have swapped bombkit for elixir S. Its worth it to feel the hatred ooze off enemy groups when you stomp someone thats downed in the middle of them and they are moving to res, especially if its a guild and they dump all their stuns on you to no avail. You already have mortar kit anyway.

@Dawdler.8521 said:Well anything goes when pugzerging, heh.

I find kit heavy builds very distracting to more important manouvering, not to mention at least one of the kits will usually be dead weight.

Personally I would have swapped bombkit for elixir S. Its worth it to feel the hatred ooze off enemy groups when you stomp someone thats downed in the middle of them and they are moving to res, especially if its a guild and they dump all their stuns on you to no avail. You already have mortar kit anyway.

Yeah, there are definitely times I wish I had S on me. The build is less designed for large groups and more for small groups/1 v 1's though, so I keep Bomb Kit slotted anyway. I'm absolutely stacked with Blinds and I love it, so it's a part of what makes me keep Bomb Kit, among other things like Big Ol Bomb and just the general auto attacks being stupid.

This was honestly a very poor example of game play, but I wanted to share just because it was a lot of fun and went on for about an hour. I also got away with lobbing Mortar constantly because no one was running reflects, which is usually the case in almost every other large scale fight. I can fire it like twice before I start shooting myself.

This build is pretty much designed to hard punish melee builds. I have stupid high damage reduction/cleanse and my melee range pressure is very high + stacked with Blinds and CC's. Unfortunately, unless my group is being as aggressive as I am, I can't really solo push with it because I don't have the mobility to escape an AOE nuke if I get caught in a bad position. So I'm very reliant on my team if I want to get some good cleave going.